Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Khan On Broner: He’s Full Of S–t, He Don’t Want It.
fc890cbdbd9f3af6996db7b986da57ca

By Timothy Bartolini May 6, 2015 7:40 am Updated
Related Articles
amir-khan-698095311.jpg
Two of the biggest mouths in the sport have been going at each other for the past month or two. With that description, you probably already know that I am referring to junior welterweight Adrien “The Problem” Broner and welterweight Amir “King” Khan. I have included the weight classes because they will be each fighter’s excuse for not making the a fight between the two happen after so many challenges have been volleyed back and forth.

So where are we in this story? Ummmm, Broner woke up and posted a challenge to Khan on Instagram. Khan responded by issuing a challenge of his own, as he is wont to do. And then back and forth we go.

This latest bit comes from the good folks at FightHype.com and shows that Khan is not entirely convinced that Broner is interested in fighting him.

“He won’t fight me. You can see by a person’s eyes, he don’t wanna fight me. You can see it in his face, he’s making it like it’s a joke. I ain’t taking it as a joke.”

Well, I can’t argue with Khan there but instead of sticking to things that seem realistic Khan does a little bit of bullshytting of his own.

“If he wants to fight, May 29th, if he says yes to it I will not fight Algieri, I’ll fight [Broner] just to prove a point. I mean, Broner he’s just all talk.”

Well come on, Broner! What are you waiting for? That’s only 26 days away!

“He’s full of shyt anyway, he don’t want it.”

I’d say there is plenty of shyt coming from all angles on this one. As much as I would love to see these two in the ring, the dates and weights are not lining up. Khan has a fight with Algieri on May 29th. Broner has a fight scheduled only 3 weeks later against an as yet unnamed opponent. So don’t hold your breath for an awesome Khan-Broner showdown anytime soon.

Then there is the issue with the weights. Broner has no business moving up to welterweight again after the debacle that was Broner-Maidana. Khan is finally looking like an elite fighter since he moved up from Broner’s 140 lb. weight class. As of right now, the smartest move for both fighters would be to stay out of each other’s weight classes.

Lastly, there is that Mayweather sized elephant in the room. Mayweather-Khan is a real possibility in September. With that on the horizon, Khan has no reason to go chasing Broner anywhere at all.

So in the end what do we have here? We have two guys that are very good at promoting themselves by attaching themselves to others. Khan challenges everyone not names Klitschko. Broner calls Mayweather his big brother and makes challenges of his own… it was inevitable that both men’s shtick would cross paths. It’s a shame that’s all any of this is though. These guys could both use a win over the other to catapult their career forward, and I would love to see them fight but there is no reason to expect it anytime soon. I’m sure there will be a retort from Khan within the next few days. Until then…

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
GGG is the real deal. The few flaws he has aren't glaring and certainly not because of something lacking fundamentally.
Pat, unlike KKKRusher, the jury is still 85% out on GGG. You don't think GGG's lack of being able to fight going backwards, defensive flaws, SPEED, and lack of elite competition are legit gripes? I'd say GGG is the real deal but not p4p level until we see him fight p4p talent. Same shyt with T-Craw.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pat, unlike KKKRusher, the jury is still 85% out on GGG. You don't think GGG's lack of being able to fight going backwards, defensive flaws, SPEED, and lack of elite competition are legit gripes? I'd say GGG is the real deal but not p4p level until we see him fight p4p talent. Same shyt with T-Craw.

speed is a GGG flaw..one flaw that hasn't been exposed too much....thats why in the fight thread for GGG-Monroe i mentioned that as an upside for Willie....i think really only ouma might have been the only one to expose it to a good deal combined with activity before he started getting busted up...curtis did for a little bit until GGG started cutting off the ring on him...but ive asked this before who has backed GGG up with any success? unless im drawing a blank i haven't seen it..his defense is a little over the place..mostly because of the fact if they are not hurting them he walks them down...somebody will have to make him pay before that gets tightened up

fighting elite comp is not really a flaw..hes fighting the top 10 cats on the MW scene and keeping busy..he's not LSC lol..who by the way is starting to regress...that cat he faced on the card made him look foolish with his counterpunching and movement..too bad he had no real power behind his punches

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i might actually die laughing - literally - if chris algieri somehow figures out a way to out-maneuver amir khan and win (or at least make him look bad, since khan won't lose a decision).

is this impossible? algieri does have a new team after-all...

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
speed is a GGG flaw..one flaw that hasn't been exposed too much....thats why in the fight thread for GGG-Monroe i mentioned that as an upside for Willie....i think really only ouma might have been the only one to expose it to a good deal combined with activity before he started getting busted up...curtis did for a little bit until GGG started cutting off the ring on him...but ive asked this before who has backed GGG up with any success? unless im drawing a blank i haven't seen it..his defense is a little over the place..mostly because of the fact if they are not hurting them he walks them down...somebody will have to make him pay before that gets tightened up

fighting elite comp is not really a flaw..hes fighting the top 10 cats on the MW scene and keeping busy..he's not LSC lol..who by the way is starting to regress...that cat he faced on the card made him look foolish with his counterpunching and movement..too bad he had no real power behind his punches
GGG hasn't been paired with a banger except Curtis who just was on a BKB card so, the elite comp is a huge flaw to me, we can't properly gauge how good GGG is. Dude is going to run into someone who can take his punch and give drama back :yeshrug: until then he's gonna be seen as a dude who doesn't test himself. And no, Cotto at 160 is not a test.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just heard Wilder's 1st title defense in June might be against some fat mexican that got KO'd in 1 rd by Arreola a few years ago

terryfrancis-gif.5650
If he is going to fight a big Chicano then why not just fight Arreola?:shaq2:

Allah Haymon knows he has a big stiff hype job on his hands so he is going to keep him protected like a fukking veal until he can cash him out against Wlad.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
GGG hasn't been paired with a banger except Curtis who just was on a BKB card so, the elite comp is a huge flaw to me, we can't properly gauge how good GGG is. Dude is going to run into someone who can take his punch and give drama back :yeshrug: until then he's gonna be seen as a dude who doesn't test himself. And no, Cotto at 160 is not a test.
What banger at 160 is there for him to face?

He's been avoided by most

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What banger at 160 is there for him to face?

He's been avoided by most
Which one of those Dirrel brehs did he fight in the Ams? 160 is a weak division has been for some time. If GGG stays at 160 the same type of things will come up again and again.