Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
this guy right here deserved to get with haymon and make some real money this guy story is heart breaking

Steve Cunningham Inks Pact With Al Haymon

Philadelphia--Former two-time world cruiserweight champion and current Heavyweight contender, Steve "USS" Cunningham has signed with adviser Al Haymon.

Cunningham of Philadelphia is excited about the prospects for his future.

"I'm looking forward to working with Al, he's a genius at what he does. I've been watching him for several years and seeing all that he accomplishes for his fighters but have always been on the outside looking in due to contractual obligations. It finally lined up to where we can work together and it's going to great. I believe my best fights have yet to be seen,"said Cunningham

Cunningham has a record of 28-7 with 13 knockouts. He won the IBF Cruiserweight championship when he traveled to Poland and defeated Krzysztof Wlodarczyk on May 26, 2007. He defended the title by stopping Marco Huck via 12th round stoppage in Bielfield, Germany on December 29, 2007. Cunningham became a two-time champion on June 5, 2010 when he stopped Troy Ross in five rounds.

Cunningham is coming off a controversial split decision defeat to Vyacheslav Glazkov on March 14 in Montreal.

Steve and his wife/manager Livvy will be honored this Friday night at the 90th annual BWAA Awards dinner as they will receive the Bill Crawford Courage Award for their perseverance while their 9-year old daughter Kennedy went through a life saving heart transplant last December.

The awards dinner will take place at Capitale in New York City.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Arum on Chavez: F***ing Haymon Destroyed Our Work!

By Steve Kim

The loss by Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California to Andrzej Fonfara didn't necessarily bring about unbridled joy from Bob Arum - who had promoted much of his career before they split - who was in attendance for Terence Crawford's impressive stoppage of Thomas Dulorme in Arlington, Texas.

"Well, Crawford's win made me very happy and I wasn't happy necessarily on Chavez's loss because, y'know... what had took us eight or nine years to build, f***ing (Al) Haymon destroyed in one f***ing night,"said Arum to BoxingScene.com on Monday morning.

"So why would I be happy? He exposed what we all knew about Chavez: that he had built his reputation on his ability to come down in weight and then hydrate up so that he was fighting smaller guys.

"Look at every one of his fights, when did he ever fight a guy his own size?"

The fight with Fonfara was at a catch-weight of 172-pounds and for much of the night he was overmatched both physically and technically by the Polish fighter who now resides in Chicago.

"We never, ever, ever put Chavez in a fight where we did not clear it with the father who knows more about boxing than any of those guys around. Who best understands his sons limitations than Julio Sr?," said Arum.

And the the father did go on the record before this fight stating that he would not have chose Fonfara as the opponent in this circumstance, given his son's layoff and the fact that Fonfara was a naturally bigger fighter.

Chavez Jr's night ended with beer being pelted on him from the audience.

"I know that the Mexican fans have been off this guy because they're very discerning and he did the most inexcusable thing for a Mexican - not losing or getting beat up - but quitting. Mexican fighters don't quit," stated Arum, who just recently took a financial settlement to walk away from Chavez.

So can this be put together again? Well, that's not Arum's problem anymore.

"I have no idea, I couldn't care less, I really feel sorry for he father, who I have a great love for. I have nothing against the son. The son is what he is, somebody who is very, very spoiled, very, very entitled and he got what he deserved."

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
oh johnny..his career has now officially hit the bushes..that fight is even more of a disgrace. molina couldnt make weight without using a diuretic; broner just couldn't make weight period

Things continue to go from bad to worse in the career of John Molina, Jr.
Along with a three-fight losing streak, the junior welterweight gatekeeper was popped for a banned diuretic during random drug testing for his March 7 loss to Adrien Broner in Las Vegas. News surfaced Tuesday morning during the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s monthly agenda hearing, with Molina issued a temporary suspension.
The bout with Broner—who won a landslide decision over 12 rounds—was the opening leg of a show marking boxing’s return to network television in prime time. The March 7 show aired live on NBC in prime time, serving as the official launch of Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions series. The main event saw Keith Thurman drop and eventually outpoint Robert Guerrero in their 12-round welterweight battle.
Molina had the fan’s sympathy heading into the fight, an easy role to assume given Broner’s penchant for playing the villain in any given promotion. The brash former three-division champ from Cincinnati was initially announced as over the contracted limit during the pre-fight weigh-in, but his official weight of 141 lbs. accepted as “with the tolerated” limit of a non-title fight, as fighters are generally granted a +/1 lb. difference in weight.
Broner went on to cruise to victory, after which Molina chastised his opponent on air for not sticking to his promise of standing and trading. The remarks didn’t sit well with the viewing public, painting the Californian as a bit of a sore loser in addition to being a fighter who for 12 rounds couldn’t figure out how to change the course of the night.
Now he will have to explain to the Nevada commission—as well as those who’ve invested considerably into his career—the circumstances leading to his failed drug test.
A temporary suspension is in place, with Molina granted time to appear before the commission and plead his case, which will likely come at the next agenda hearing once formally scheduled. Barring a successful appeal, Molina will be forced to serve a full suspension in addition to having to forfeit a percentage of his fight purse, for which he earned $450,000.
The loss to Broner was Molina’s third in a row as his record now stands at 27-6 (22KOs). The 32-year old entered hasn’t won a fight since a 2nd round knockout of Jorge Pimentel in Nov. ’13, a stay-busy opportunity on the heels of a literal last minute 10th round knockout of Mickey Bey in a July ’13 clash he was hopelessly losing at the time of the stoppage.
Molina lost both of his fights in 2014, including a disappointing points loss to Humberto Soto last September. His other defeat was far more noble, twice dropping Lucas Matthysse only to suffer two knockdowns of his own in suffering an 11th round stoppage last April. The bout was hailed as Fight of the Year by the Boxing Writers Association of America, with the official honor to come this Friday in New York City, at the BWAA 90th Annual Awards Dinner.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
The opening bout, featuring 2014 fighter of the year Terence Crawford’s rise to junior welterweight, where he won a second world title by knocking out Thomas Dulorme in the sixth round, averaged 1.004 million viewers and peaked at 1.084 million viewers. The full broadcast averaged 1.037 million viewers.

and

Unbeaten lightweight star Felix “El Diamante” Verdejo (16-0, 12 KOs) returns to Puerto Rico to on Saturday night against Marco “Kua Kua” Lopez (22-5, 13 KOs) in a ten rounder for the WBO Latino title. The bout will be televised on UniMas at 11PM ET/PT from the Coliseo Mario “Quijote” Morales in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. In the TV opener, Florida welterweight talent Clarence Booth (10-1, 6 KOs) takes on Samuel Santana (6-9-2, 1 KO) in a scheduled six

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
this guy right here deserved to get with haymon and make some real money this guy story is heart breaking

Steve Cunningham Inks Pact With Al Haymon

Philadelphia--Former two-time world cruiserweight champion and current Heavyweight contender, Steve "USS" Cunningham has signed with adviser Al Haymon.

Cunningham of Philadelphia is excited about the prospects for his future.

"I'm looking forward to working with Al, he's a genius at what he does. I've been watching him for several years and seeing all that he accomplishes for his fighters but have always been on the outside looking in due to contractual obligations. It finally lined up to where we can work together and it's going to great. I believe my best fights have yet to be seen,"said Cunningham

Cunningham has a record of 28-7 with 13 knockouts. He won the IBF Cruiserweight championship when he traveled to Poland and defeated Krzysztof Wlodarczyk on May 26, 2007. He defended the title by stopping Marco Huck via 12th round stoppage in Bielfield, Germany on December 29, 2007. Cunningham became a two-time champion on June 5, 2010 when he stopped Troy Ross in five rounds.

Cunningham is coming off a controversial split decision defeat to Vyacheslav Glazkov on March 14 in Montreal.

Steve and his wife/manager Livvy will be honored this Friday night at the 90th annual BWAA Awards dinner as they will receive the Bill Crawford Courage Award for their perseverance while their 9-year old daughter Kennedy went through a life saving heart transplant last December.

The awards dinner will take place at Capitale in New York City.

My nikka USS deserves to get some money in the heavyweight division :salute:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@yawn @Mr. Leonidas got my ticket for Dirrell vs DeGale brehs :myman:

but :camby: at them not making any floor seats available. Why put it in the got damn drop down if that was the case? :beli:.. the best available ticket I got was first row seat in some 100s section

I jumped on that deal too but I double checked the site and saw some floor seats for the same $117

After nearly 3 wasted years we really bout to see Andre get his first belt

Gary Russ now Andre. We finally on Pat :mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I jumped on that deal too but I double checked the site and saw some floor seats for the same $117

After nearly 3 wasted years we really bout to see Andre get his first belt

Gary Russ now Andre. We finally on Pat :mjcry:
matrix will finally realize that potential :ohlawd:

what section did you get tickets in?