Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Thats because peterson didn't get hit... Peterson was very evasive and they were fighting in a WWE wrestling size ring, but we're talking about Maidana aka Khan/Devon leftovers.. He's gonna get hit all night.. If Danny dont win by KO he wins by stoppage,..

:mjlol:

Lately is lately my nig... When the last time Maidana been in the ring with a big puncher??

No:ufdup:

What do YOU consider lately, because last time you brought up "lately" and I used last 5 fights about Pacquiao...you tried to dismiss it. So, again, what is lately to you?:mjpls:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Dan Rafael chat wrap 4/17:

- Duva pressured to get Kovalev made the mandatory vs. Stevenson. She thought at the time she had the upper hand. She didn't know that the purse bid was going to be unusually early (before either fighter fought their mandatory) and that she would be competing vs. Haymon's bankroll. She knows that she was outmaneuvered and will take the loss and move on.

- Picking: JCC by decision, Crawford by decision, and Provodnikov by KO.

- Schaefer's sit out period ends this Summer and he should be allowed to conduct boxing business in August.
So Kathy Duva, who talked all that shyt about how PBC won't work because she's been doing this for 25 years & blah blah....got out-maneuvered by the same dude she was talking shyt about??? Interesting. You hit the lotto with Kovalev, Kathy...just stfu already.

:pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit: @ picking Prov by KO against Lucas freakin Matthysse...fukk outta here

:blessed: :ohlawd: @ Schaefer's bid ending this summer...awesome news. i thought it wasn't gonna end til next year, at the earliest, for some reason.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/boxing/joe-calzaghe-carl-froch-not-7211666

Joe Calzaghe: Carl Froch has not matched my legacy and doesn't have ability to go to America and beat Andre Ward

:patrice::ehh::francis::birdman:
A lot of people make comparisons to Carl Froch’s career to mine. But I don’t think there’s a comparison," Calzaghe said

Joe Calzaghe: Carl Froch has not matched my legacy and doesn't have ability to go to America and beat Andre Ward

“A lot of people make comparisons to Carl Froch’s career to mine. But I don’t think there’s a comparison," Calzaghe said

Joe Calzaghe believes Carl Froch has not matched his legacy despite knocking out George Groves at Wembley last weekend.

Froch has since talked about either retiring or fighting in America Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr in Las Vegas.

Calzaghe finished his career by beating Bernard Hopkins in Sin City and Roy Jones Jnr in New York in the space of seven months in 2008.

The Welsh legend believes if Froch wants to fight in Las Vegas he should be targeting Andre Ward and not Chavez Jnr.

Ward is the only one of the world’s elite super-middleweights Froch has yet to beat with the American defeating the Cobra in 2011 on points.

1630336.jpg

VIEW GALLERY

“Not everyone can go out and conquer America,” said Calzaghe.

“A lot of people make comparisons to Carl Froch’s career to mine.

“But I don’t think there’s a comparison. I was undefeated, went to America and conquered America.

“I defeated two legends out there at different weights.

“I was the number one fighter, the number one champion at Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight.

“Froch has gone out to America and lost where he was bossed by Andre Ward.

:ufdup::leon::birdman::pacspit::pachaha:

I hate this cac with a passion :wow:

He saw the wolves in a prime Froch and #SOGGang in the cut :demonic: and decided boxing wasn't for him anymore :cmsas2:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
If Swift didn't have power Peterson wouldn't have implemented his Oscar De LA Lara impersonation in a 34 foot ring :stopitslime:

There's a difference between having power and having exaggerated power.....Swift has exaggerated power.

He has only 2 KOs in his last 10 fights at 140, and has only 17 KOs in 30 overall fights. He has good power at 140, but he's not someone like Randall Bailey who is a huge puncher.

He didnt put a mark on Lamont Peterson, even when Peterson was walking him down the last 5 rounds....not even a busted lip.

I see him doing no damage to Maidana in a Boxing Match if it's his 1st fight at 147.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
“A lot of people make comparisons to Carl Froch’s career to mine. But I don’t think there’s a comparison," Calzaghe said

“Not everyone can go out and conquer America,” said Calzaghe.

“A lot of people make comparisons to Carl Froch’s career to mine.

“But I don’t think there’s a comparison. I was undefeated, went to America and conquered America.

“I defeated two legends out there at different weights.

“I was the number one fighter, the number one champion at Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight.

“Froch has gone out to America and lost where he was bossed by Andre Ward.

:ufdup::leon::birdman::pacspit::pachaha:

Speaking the truth:banderas:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:mjlol:

No:ufdup:

What do YOU consider lately, because last time you brought up "lately" and I used last 5 fights about Pacquiao...you tried to dismiss it. So, again, what is lately to you?:mjpls:
:mjlol: nikka bringing up Pacquiao..
If you dont wanna answer the question its okay my nikka.. forget lately.. Who was the last fighter with solid punching power has Maidana fought period??

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There's a difference between having power and having exaggerated power.....Swift has exaggerated power.

He has only 2 KOs in his last 10 fights at 140, and has only 17 KOs in 30 overall fights. He has good power at 140, but he's not someone like Randall Bailey who is a huge puncher.

He didnt put a mark on Lamont Peterson, even when Peterson was walking him down the last 5 rounds....not even a busted lip.

I see him doing no damage to Maidana in a Boxing Match if it's his 1st fight at 147.

Y'all need to stop with the marks on faces :dead:...did AB have marks on his face after the Chino fight?? He still felt power tho

I dnt think anyone ever said Swift was a huge puncher like Bailey etc

Lopez hurt Chino so did Soto Karass So did AB so did Khan...Pretty sure Swift got more then enough power to do the same

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: nikka bringing up Pacquiao..
If you dont wanna answer the question its okay my nikka.. forget lately.. Who was the last fighter with solid punching power has Maidana fought period??

At 147? Josesito Lopez

Oh shyt.. I keep forgetting why @Newzz is acting like Maidana is some killer nikkas need to avoid:mjlol:

Funny how Maidana aint the same fighter without Ariza Shakes huh?:mjpls:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Lucas put marks on him and only had him for three rounds :cmsas2:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Y'all need to stop with the marks on faces :dead:...did AB have marks on his face after the Chino fight?? He still felt power tho

My nikka AB went from:

IMG_4406.jpg

To looking like this:

broner241.jpg

:to:

Look at his eye and his jaw was fukked up as well:mjcry:

I dnt think anyone ever said Swift was a huge puncher like Bailey etc

Lopez hurt Chino so did Soto Karass So did AB so did Khan...Pretty sure Swift got more then enough power to do the same

No, but for @Black_Jesus to say that Swift was gonna beat the "dogshyt" out of Maidana at 147, Swift needs to be carrying that type of firepower in his hands....and he doesnt. Not even at 140.

Swift has good power at 140, but to me it's exaggerated power. He's not as big of a puncher as he was made out to be, but he still has good power. I dont think he will be KOing or stopping Marcos Maidana at 147 in his very 1st fight in the division though.:yeshrug:

Can he BEAT Maidana? Yes. Can he beat the dogshyt out of him or get a TKO on Maidana at 147? I doubt it:manny:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

swift fighting maidana for his first fight at 147 is not a good idea..:francis:

he should start with berto or guerrero