Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Random news for the #SOGGang brehs: I got clarification about the Andre Ward/BET card. I was pretty sure about this beforehand, but I confirmed that Roc Nation Sports didn't do a time buy with BET. They were given the time by BET, for free, and they will be able to raise their own ad revenue and book their own commercials for the fight. So this isn't an Al Haymon infommercial, paying for TV time situation. This is a BET will do anything to do business with Jay Z situation. It might not be big news, but it ensures they'll make a profit and they can offset paying Ward with some huge sponsorship $. And their viability is important for Ward's career, so I figured it mattered enough to post.
I can see why BET would want to be in the Jay-Z business. Being cool with Jay gives them an opening to do business with Beyonce and Rihanna.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
on this day april 15, 1985 Marvelous Marvin Hagler KO 3 Thomas maybe the greatness fight ever

VC5LlH3.gif

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
on this day april 15, 1985 Marvelous Marvin Hagler KO 3 Thomas maybe the greatness fight ever

hagler the greatest undisputed middleweight of all time. :umad:the king of kings cause he beat all of em.:umad:

maybe the greastest chin in boxing history...:banderas:those shots from hitman would have killed any other boxer:blessed:.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Random news for the #SOGGang brehs: I got clarification about the Andre Ward/BET card. I was pretty sure about this beforehand, but I confirmed that Roc Nation Sports didn't do a time buy with BET. They were given the time by BET, for free, and they will be able to raise their own ad revenue and book their own commercials for the fight. So this isn't an Al Haymon infommercial, paying for TV time situation. This is a BET will do anything to do business with Jay Z situation. It might not be big news, but it ensures they'll make a profit and they can offset paying Ward with some huge sponsorship $. And their viability is important for Ward's career, so I figured it mattered enough to post.

:wow:

i don't think people realize how big this is, shyt is crazy. truly a power move for roc nation, this is the definition of a win-win situation for them and ward.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:wow:

i don't think people realize how big this is, shyt is crazy. truly a power move for roc nation, this is the definition of a win-win situation for them and ward.

Haymon gonna sabotage Ward hardbody though due to beefs with Jay and Ward passing on his deal. Crazy how things are looking now. Jay is gonna learn the hard way the power of true kings.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Haymon gonna sabotage Ward hardbody though due to beefs with Jay and Ward passing on his deal. Crazy how things are looking now. Jay is gonna learn the hard way the power of true kings.

I'll be tuned into PBC and DVR the BET show