Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cotto-Geale To Have Catch-Weight of 157, Says Source

Reports are now coming out that a fight between WBC middleweight titlist Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32KOs), and Australia's Daniel Geale (31-3, 16KOs), has been finalized for June 6th at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York. It will be the Puerto Rican's first defense of that title he won last year by thrashing Sergio Martinez in ten rounds at the Madison Square Garden.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, a catch-weight of 157-pounds has been instituted for this match-up. Cotto, has spent much of his career around the welterweight and junior middleweight classes. Last July, Geale was blown out by IBO/WBA champion Gennady Golovkin in three rounds. He came back a few months later to win a decision over countryman Jarrod Fletcher.

No official word if HBO will be televising this fight. Cotto's legal adviser, Gaby Penagaricano had stated in a recent interview that a deal was reached with HBO to carry Cotto's next fight, but the network itself has yet to comment. HBO made it clear to Cotto and his representative that without a commitment to face Saul Alvarez in the fall, they would not be televising Cotto's next bout.

There is now the possibility of three consecutive weekends of boxing in New York City as Top Rank has a hold on the Theater at Madison Square Garden on the following week and on June 20th Lou DiBella/Al Haymon has the Barclay Center reserved for an event.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-geale-catch-weight-157-says-source--89710

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I have a dedicated htpc that I built myself that handles a lot of media and storage connected on my quantum FIOS internet network. i also have showbox and localcast on all my phone/tablet and a chromecast dongle on my bedroom TV. @Mook is obsessed with me paying 10 bucks for netflix for some reason lol.

GET POPCORNTIME AND THANK ME LATER

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS

this motherfukka :snoop: he's really fighting hard with khan for being one of the most delusional guys in boxing. i truly believe andrade has the skill to beat damn near anybody from 160 down, but he's out of his mind sitting on the sidelines and thinking he's gonna get a big fight when he hasn't done shyt and no one knows him. i felt he fukked up big time by passing the korbodev fight for the wbo title this past fall.

hbo was interested in a fight with him and clottey (after clottey beat mundine) he's talking about it doesn't do anything for his career right after beating brain rose lol. supposedly nobody wants to fight ggg either but he's still getting fights every few months.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Chavez sr never learned how to hit the speed bag...me either :damn:

It's like jump rope if you do it w music and try and go to the pace of the beat it becomes easier. I was terrible at it, im still not good but that helped a lot. My son swags on the speed bag and all he took was muay thai for a summer :francis:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson had 3.4 million viewers on PBC on NBC

Saturday’s fight between WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia (30-0, 17 KOs) and IBF 140lb champion Lamont Peterson (33-3-1, 17 KOs) was a huge success on Premier Boxing Champions on NBC. The fight brought a peak of 3.4 million viewers on NBC, according to Fight news.

Read the rest...
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/04...terson-had-3-4-million-viewers-on-pbc-on-nbc/

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson had 3.4 million viewers on PBC on NBC

Saturday’s fight between WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia (30-0, 17 KOs) and IBF 140lb champion Lamont Peterson (33-3-1, 17 KOs) was a huge success on Premier Boxing Champions on NBC. The fight brought a peak of 3.4 million viewers on NBC, according to Fight news.

Read the rest...
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/04...terson-had-3-4-million-viewers-on-pbc-on-nbc/

I wouldnt say HUGE success. It was almost a 25% drop off from the March 7th, PBC on NBC Card.

Great ratings in comparision to everything else outside of the OG PBC on NBC card and combat sports on "free local TV" (UFC on FOX:umad:?) and won the 18-49 demographics again:obama:

• Dap
Reactions: L68