Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
James DeGale to face Andre Dirrell in Boston on May 23
Tom Gray
March 26, 2015

British star James DeGale (20-1, 14 knockouts) will face former world title challenger Andre Dirrell in Boston, Massachusetts, on May 23, in a bout which will be contested for the vacant IBF super middleweight championship.

The all southpaw collision will see DeGale, rated No. 4 by THE RING at 168 pounds, contest for his first world title belt after a five year professional learning curve. The 2008 Olympic gold medalist had hoped to lure Dirrell to the UK, but is undeterred by both the location and the challenge which lies ahead.

“Finally it’s here,” said DeGale, when interviewed by Sky Sports News in the UK. “Andre Dirrell is a very good opponent. He’s a tall tricky southpaw, like me, and while a lot of people say our styles will clash – I think they’ll gel.

“We’re both young, hungry and ambitious so it’s going to be a hard fight, but one that I’m very confident of winning.”
Dirrell (24-1, 16 knockouts) will be attempting to make it second time lucky following a 2009 split decision loss to Carl Froch in a WBC super middleweight title bout.

The American has won six fights since then and a neurological scare following his disqualification win over Arthur Abraham in 2010, and the subsequent 21 month layoff, is now firmly behind him.

The IBF title became vacant when Carl Froch decided against fulfilling a mandatory obligation against DeGale. Dirrell, who is rated No. 8 by THE RING at super middleweight, was the next available challenger and his team, Warrior Boxing, secured purse bids two weeks ago.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/384529-james-de-gale-to-face-andre-dirrell-in-boston-on-may-23

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Tom Gray
March 26, 2015

British star James DeGale (20-1, 14 knockouts) will face former world title challenger Andre Dirrell in Boston, Massachusetts, on May 23, in a bout which will be contested for the vacant IBF super middleweight championship.

The all southpaw collision will see DeGale, rated No. 4 by THE RING at 168 pounds, contest for his first world title belt after a five year professional learning curve. The 2008 Olympic gold medalist had hoped to lure Dirrell to the UK, but is undeterred by both the location and the challenge which lies ahead.

“Finally it’s here,” said DeGale, when interviewed by Sky Sports News in the UK. “Andre Dirrell is a very good opponent. He’s a tall tricky southpaw, like me, and while a lot of people say our styles will clash – I think they’ll gel.

“We’re both young, hungry and ambitious so it’s going to be a hard fight, but one that I’m very confident of winning.”
Dirrell (24-1, 16 knockouts) will be attempting to make it second time lucky following a 2009 split decision loss to Carl Froch in a WBC super middleweight title bout.

The American has won six fights since then and a neurological scare following his disqualification win over Arthur Abraham in 2010, and the subsequent 21 month layoff, is now firmly behind him.

The IBF title became vacant when Carl Froch decided against fulfilling a mandatory obligation against DeGale. Dirrell, who is rated No. 8 by THE RING at super middleweight, was the next available challenger and his team, Warrior Boxing, secured purse bids two weeks ago.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/384529-james-de-gale-to-face-andre-dirrell-in-boston-on-may-23
Say word? :ohhh: I'm there

@Mr. Leonidas what about you breh?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Tom Gray
March 26, 2015

Another good matchup for Boxing in 2015:banderas:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Tom Gray
March 26, 2015

To me, it's always a mental adjustment watching two southpaws go at it because I am so used to watching two orthodox fighters so much.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Say word? :ohhh: I'm there

@Mr. Leonidas what about you breh?

:gladbron:
Yooooooooo I didnt even know Boston was a contender for the location of this fight. Seems kinda weird tbh. But by virtue that it'll be in Boston, I WILL BE THERE :manny:

Wow, what a year for fights for me. I attended the Kovalev-Pascal bout in Montreal, will be attending the Mattysee-Provodnikov bout in NY, and now I guess Ill be at Dirrell-DeGale in Boston! GOD IS GOOD! :blessed:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:gladbron:
Yooooooooo I didnt even know Boston was a contender for the location of this fight. Seems kinda weird tbh. But by virtue that it'll be in Boston, I WILL BE THERE :manny:

Wow, what a year for fights for me. I attended the Kovalev-Pascal bout in Montreal, will be attending the Mattysee-Provodnikov bout in NY, and now I guess Ill be at Dirrell-DeGale in Boston! GOD IS GOOD! :blessed:
Seriously I thought this shyt would be in England..its the saturday before I head out to vegas for vacation too..might as spend it checking out this fight and dragging my lady along to this

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tom Gray
March 26, 2015

:ehh:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Seriously I thought this shyt would be in England..its the saturday before I head out to vegas for vacation too..might as spend it checking out this fight and dragging my lady along to this

:jawalrus:

I might be doing the same lol. Although Im already taking her to Matty-Provo in NY on April 18, so I may elect to take my boys with me since I havent been to a fight with them this year yet. I attended Kovalev-Pascal in Montreal with my eldest brother.

Any idea if its gonna be at TD Garden? Last fight there was Hatton-Collazo. Good to see a worthwhile fight come back to the Bean.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:jawalrus:

I might be doing the same lol. Although Im already taking her to Matty-Provo in NY on April 18, so I may elect to take my boys with me since I havent been to a fight with them this year yet. I attended Kovalev-Pascal in Montreal with my eldest brother.

Any idea if its gonna be at TD Garden? Last fight there was Hatton-Collazo. Good to see a worthwhile fight come back to the Bean.
Matrix is a Haymon fighter..i can't see them holding it in any other place and the Celtics aren't making the postseason so there should be no conflict

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
My boy degale about to become a world champ on my birthday :wow:

The fight will be in the afternoon in America so UK viewers watch it around 10pm