Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i doubt JMM would go over to England even if his knee checks out.

Hearn says he prefers Brook to fight Marquez and Rios over Thurman, because those fights would be in England as opposed to the states; but Thurman has been on record a couple of times saying he would go to England to fight Brook. So I'm not sure why that couldn't be made in England :manny:

Allah prolly wants it in the states

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
i went back to the boxing gym for the first time since like 4 months of non stop smoking weed and partying and getting in trouble. im like judas in there now. my coach took all the pictures of me down off the walls :heh: he almost wasnt gonna let me train till some of the other coaches talked to him.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
i went back to the boxing gym for the first time since like 4 months of non stop smoking weed and partying and getting in trouble. im like judas in there now. my coach took all the pictures of me down off the walls :heh: he almost wasnt gonna let me train till some of the other coaches talked to him.

Adel-Tlatli-the-coach-of-the-Tunisian-mens-national-basketball-team.jpg

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Erislandy Lara is, and yes, Canelo beat Trout as well while Cotto lost CLEARLY...no debating...to Austin Trout.

Trout himself doesnt even argue he beat Canelo:heh: He's comfortable with the position that he lost, because.........well.............he did:yeshrug:

So if the man who was in the ring believes he lost himself, going by his own words and him not saying he DID beat Canelo...only "ifs" on it, with all due respect, any differing opinions arent valid to me:manny:

#CaneloCartel
Cotto did lose clearly…no Goodz. But the boxing media was very split on whether Canelo beat Trout, and either way most of them had it within a round or two. I think Trout won a close fight. Whether Trout protests or not is of no concern to me. He just accepted his fate.

As for Lara, I think Canelo's body work was impressive and Lara is the 2nd best fighter he's faced. And I guess there's no shame in having a close fight with him. Same with Trout.

My point still stands though: Canelo isn't he monster he's made out to be and Cotto can beat him. That makes the fight compelling. And the implications for 154/160 are big, especially if Canelo wins the MW title in clear and convincing fashion.

Cotton ain't got the guts to see him 155+

Was there any mention of where the fight was going to take place before Canelo stopped the talks? Fighting for the MW title makes too much sense for Cotto to say no.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Cotto did lose clearly…no Goodz. But the boxing media was very split on whether Canelo beat Trout, and either way most of them had it within a round or two. I think Trout won a close fight. Whether Trout protests or not is of no concern to me. He just accepted his fate.

As for Lara, I think Canelo's body work was impressive and Lara is the 2nd best fighter he's faced. And I guess there's no shame in having a close fight with him. Same with Trout.

My point still stands though: Canelo isn't he monster he's made out to be and Cotto can beat him. That makes the fight compelling. And the implications for 154/160 are big, especially if Canelo wins the MW title in clear and convincing fashion.

C/S:obama:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Looks like this was the reason for the WBO flexin on Twitter

Kameda (31-0, 19 KOs) holds the WBO version of the title and McDonnell (25-2-1, 12 KOs) holds the “regular” version of the WBA belt, and the WBO understandably said it will not sanction a unification bout with a secondary titlist when the true WBA titleholder is Juan Carlos Payano.

May 9th lookin :whoo:
Tomoki Kameda vs Jamie McDonell
Austin Trout vs Anthony Mundine
Omar Figueroa vs Ricky Burns