Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
My pool stick jab disagrees :mjpls:
fux8nd.jpg

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
Austin Trout vs. Anthony Mundine Set for PBC on CBS May 9th

In a fight that has been in the making for the better part of four years, Las Cruces, New Mexico’s Austin Trout and Australia’s Anthony Mundine have agreed to finally do battle May 9th in San Antonio, Texas.

The bout, confirmed by Trout in a phone call Monday night with SWFight.com, is expected to be the evening’s co-main event on the second installment of Premier Boxing Champions on CBS (PBC on CBS). The bill will be headlined by Texan Omar Figueroa Jr. and Scotland’s Ricky Burns.

“I started training camp in late February,” says Trout (28-2, 15KOs). “When I started I didn’t know I was fighting Mundine; I found out last week it’s going to be him on May 9th.”

The two have been on each other’s radar, and Twitter feeds, since Trout first claimed the WBA Super Welterweight title in 2011 (a title we would go on to lose to Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez in 2013).

Despite being a one-time mandatory challenger for Trout’s WBA belt, Mundine, currently the WBC Silver Super Welterweight champion, and his team would not show up for a purse bid that would have made the internationally and social media hyped bout happen.

“He went around Australia lying, saying that I didn’t want him,” recalls Trout, the current WBC fifth ranked Super Welterweight in the world. “I’m sure half his country wants me to shut him up. I’ll go be an Aussie savior.”

Trout is currently working with internationally recognized trainer Barry Hunter in Washington D.C., where Trout is also helping prepare longtime Hunter pupil Lamont Peterson for his April 11th bout against Danny Garcia.

:banderas::salute:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Stevenson says he’s the man to beat, will take care of Kovalev once Bika is KO'd
Details
Phil D Jay
24 March 2015

Adonis Stevenson is fully confident that another knockout is on the horizon as the WBC light heavyweight champion prepares to defend his title against fledgling 175lber Sakio Bika next month.

The 37 year-old, who has beaten every man he has faced in the ring, puts his green belt on the line for the fifth time at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec on April 4 and expects become the first to stop 'The Scorpion' in 42 contests.

"Sakio Bika is a tough opponent. He will come to fight and he is very hungry. He has never been knocked out and I am taking him very seriously," Stevenson exclusively told World Boxing News.

"I don't feel under any pressure to get the knockout, but simply that I have to give my best. The knockout will come when I see the opening, but I am ready to go the twelve rounds if I need to."

Divisional rival Sergey Kovalev impressed earlier this month with a crushing victory over Jean Pascal to defend all three of his title belts, although Stevenson intends to challenge the big-hitting Russian once Bika is out of the way.

"I am the man to beat in the division. It does not matter how many belts Kovalev has," he stated. "He did a good performance against Hopkins, but he is 50 years old. If Hopkins would had fought me I would have had the three belts too.

"At this moment, I have only Bika on my mind and ending the fight with my usual knockout. I am not thinking about Kovalev. But after the fight I will take care of Kovalev," confirmed Stevenson.

Stevenson last appeared in December when 'Superman' halted Russian Dmitry Sukhotsky in five rounds to keep his KO ratio above 80 percent.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2015...t-will-take-care-of-kovalev-once-bika-is-ko-d

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Any of those 3 would be good fights

Marquez fight would get Brook shine with the Mexicans...Rios to an extent as well since it'd be a brawl

I'd fight one of the Mexicans in the Summer

Thurman fight one more good fighter on NBC in the Summer

Then Special K vs One Time in the Winter would do good ass numbers N mean ALOT
:francis: no peep of the best welterweight not name floyd or manny who boxed the shyt out of JMM :francis: that funny

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:francis: no peep of the best welterweight not name floyd or manny who boxed the shyt out of JMM :francis: that funny

Bradley bout to fight K9 breh :russ:

I posted an article earlier from NSB where Brook said Khan can kick rocks N he wants the winner of Floyd vs Manny :manny:

Hearn was being more realistic with the Opp for Brook

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Please tell me BATB isnt gonna have to put the beats on k9

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Marquez(if his knee is ok),Bam Bam Rios are the front runners for Kells next fight in the UK

Followed by Thurman in the states

i doubt JMM would go over to England even if his knee checks out.

Hearn says he prefers Brook to fight Marquez and Rios over Thurman, because those fights would be in England as opposed to the states; but Thurman has been on record a couple of times saying he would go to England to fight Brook. So I'm not sure why that couldn't be made in England :manny: