Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
While Manny got slumped in the last fight, he was up on the scorecard before he got careless.another big difference that no one talks about is that Manny and JMM fought 4 times. That's LaMotta/Sugar Ray shyt. After awhile you know who you're fighting.
So Floyd can't move to Packeyows right to neutralize him because he hasn't fought him 4 times to know that?

I'm not talking about timing, I'm talking about simply moving around Packeyow cuz he doesn't cut off the ring...

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
So Floyd can't move to Packeyows right to neutralize him because he hasn't fought him 4 times to know that?

I'm not talking about timing, I'm talking about simply moving around Packeyow cuz he doesn't cut off the ring...

Ok... he's moves right into his left hand. Which happens to be Floyd's weakness and Pacquiao's strength.

I'm not saying you're wrong but don't use Marquez, a guy whose more than familiar with Manny, as the prime example. It's not fair.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Ok... he's moves right into his left hand. Which happens to be Floyd's weakness and Pacquiao's strength.

I'm not saying you're wrong but don't use Marquez, a guy whose more than familiar with Manny, as the prime example. It's not fair.
I said Packeyows right...meaning away from his left hand...

I can just as easily use Algieri or Morales as an example because Packeyow doesn't cut off the ring...

You're too focused on JMM and missing the point here breh...Movement neutralizes Pac's output...

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I said Packeyows right...meaning away from his left hand...

I can just as easily use Algieri or Morales as an example because Packeyow doesn't cut off the ring...

You're too focused on JMM and missing the point here breh...Movement neutralizes Pac's output...

I misread you. My bad on that.

But Floyd doesn't really move like that any more. He had no choice against Chino to avoid the ropes.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I misread you. My bad on that.

But Floyd doesn't really move like that any more. He had no choice against Chino to avoid the ropes.
That had more to do with Chino's aggressiveness and ability to cut off the ring...Chino was in Floyd's chest all fight long just like Castillo was...Packeyow doesn't do that, he likes to follow and bounce in an out...He has absolutely nothing in common in terms of style and approach with Chino...That's a terrible triangle theory breh...

Floyd's legs ain't the same but he can still move effectively and avoid the ropes against dudes that stalk and can't cut off the ring...Ask Canelo Alvarez...

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
While Manny got slumped in the last fight, he was up on the scorecard before he got careless.another big difference that no one talks about is that Manny and JMM fought 4 times. That's LaMotta/Sugar Ray shyt. After awhile you know who you're fighting.

In addition to that, nobody recently has really maintained a consistent enough offense to discourage or outpoint Manny while moving to the right.

Shane, Bradley (moreso in the 1st fight) and Algieri all did the whole move to the right thing yet still got hurt/hands put on them.

Floyd's best bet is to step in with the right hand first and try to time Manny before he moves, but that's still pretty difficult since Manny is quick and has great footwork. Morales did it, but he wasn't afraid to get hit. Manny doesn't cut off the ring, but he still pressures you into fighting to keep up with him. The lateral movement does nullify Manny to an extent, but most aren't able to sit on their punches or throw enough to really win while lowering Manny's volume. It's like you gotta attack Manny while also trying to outbox him. Floyd has the ability to do that, but...

Floyd under his father ain't throwing any real hard shots anymore and he doesn't throw combos like he used to. However If anybody could beat Manny by moving to the right and throwing only one shot at a time while somehow not allowing Manny to outwork them, it's Mayweather, but the judges might not like it as much as the purists do.

Damn, I'm really starting to get hyped for this fight. :wow:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zab Judy :mjlol:

Zab is quick but Floyd going to need a sparing partner expansive work rate & explosiveness, while Zab is south paw but a sparring match between them 2 is going to be a chess match, Pacquiao going to bring something different....he's already said many times he's going to try to throw 100 punches a round, while he might or might not do it, it's just better for Floyd to be prepared.

I doubt it, that's over 1,000 punches and manny hasn't did that in years.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
If Manny can throw 700-800 punches he'll be good. I highly doubt he can manage throwing over 1000 punches like he used to.
He threw 650 in his last fight I believe.

Manny commented that he was in better shape compared to his other fights, I think so too cuz his body looked more right.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In addition to that, nobody recently has really maintained a consistent enough offense to discourage or outpoint Manny while moving to the right.

Shane, Bradley (moreso in the 1st fight) and Algieri all did the whole move to the right thing yet still got hurt/hands put on them.

Floyd's best bet is to step in with the right hand first and try to time Manny before he moves, but that's still pretty difficult since Manny is quick and has great footwork. Morales did it, but he wasn't afraid to get hit. Manny doesn't cut off the ring, but he still pressures you into fighting to keep up with him. The lateral movement does nullify Manny to an extent, but most aren't able to sit on their punches or throw enough to really win while lowering Manny's volume. It's like you gotta attack Manny while also trying to outbox him. Floyd has the ability to do that, but...

Floyd under his father ain't throwing any real hard shots anymore and he doesn't throw combos like he used to. However If anybody could beat Manny by moving to the right and throwing only one shot at a time while somehow not allowing Manny to outwork them, it's Mayweather, but the judges might not like it as much as the purists do.

Damn, I'm really starting to get hyped for this fight. :wow:

really, the most important element of this fight may not be speed or power, but TIMING. if Floyd disrupts Manny's timing, I just dont see how Manny is gonna win. On the other hand, if Manny can somehow get Floyd's timing down its gonna be a great night. the latter is soooooo difficult to do because of Floyd's footwork and head/upper body movement. I know people always say Floyd aint throwing no heat but Manny has to be really careful in close and beware of the check hook. If Manny could somehow work Floyd into/onto the ropes like Maidana did, he would have much more success than Maidana did. Maidana wasnt even looking at what he was punching most of the time :pachaha: