Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I agree with Choc.

ODLH has no other "big name" fighter signed to him outside of Canelo. If Canelo loses, especially in a devasting way, who's gonna take the reigns of Golden Boy and run with it?:lupe: Lucas Matthysse?:ohhh::mjlol:

Canelo is basically carrying the entire GBP on his back:wow:

#CaneloCartel

:blessed:
While I agree that Canelo is the face of GoldenBoy and carries the company on his shoulders, I have never subscribed to the idea that one loss completely ruins a fighter and one loss won't stop the Ginger Train.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I heard about them being in talks around the time I found out about the Ward news, but I was told Cotto got cold feet. If you remember what I was saying about Cotto not signing if he had a shot at the Floyd fight, that was why no one I spoke to was sure about it. I kept hinting at Cotto not being singed to Top Rank just yet on here, because @Jello Biafra kept insisting Cotto was sticking with them and I knew they weren't even in the running anymore. At a certain point it was just Haymon or Roc Nation, depending on the Floyd fight. I didn't want to jump out on it and get it wrong, because I was told Cotto was noncommittal. With Ward I saw the photo of the signing, so it was different. But once Floyd/Pac signed, I knew it was a matter of time.

About a month ago I was told it was done, but I wasn't told when it would be announced, so I figured I'd wait to ask. I thought it wouldn't be announced for at least another month. I'll see if I can find some more info this week.
I never insisted Cotto was going to sign with Top Rank. He supposedly had a personal relationship with DuBoef and seemed cool with letting them handle promotional shyt he didn't want to deal with so I figured he's stick with that but that was about it. I never expected Cotto to sign with anyone (Top Rank included) just because he seemed to have the perfect situation as a free agent already.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cotto feels Roc Nation Sports will take him to new heights and help his company achieve new things in the sport of boxing and beyond - like promoting concerts in Puerto Rico.
:what: concerts?
Does Cotto even have any music acts under his promotional banner?

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never insisted Cotto was going to sign with Top Rank. He supposedly had a personal relationship with DuBoef and seemed cool with letting them handle promotional shyt he didn't want to deal with so I figured he's stick with that but that was about it. I never expected Cotto to sign with anyone (Top Rank included) just because he seemed to have the perfect situation as a free agent already.

I always said this too..look at fishnets.. he lost every single fight against a top fighter that was in their prime and he still was the cash cow.. you either have it or you dont.. unless he starts losing consecutive fights in ugly fashion of something.. nothings stopping canelo from being the next ppv king:wow: