Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
nah it was barrett vs beck.

ok my bad. I knew Beck was one of the fighters. Couldn't remember the other guy too well. Haven't watched that card in mad long. Spinks/Judah 2 was kinda boring up until Zab hurt dude so it's not one of those Zab fights I watch often even though it;'s his best win. The Millet fight was Zab's best performance (even though he gets dropped. :snoop:)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
ok my bad. I knew Beck was one of the fighters. Couldn't remember the other guy too well. Haven't watched that card in mad long. Spinks/Judah 2 was kinda boring up until Zab hurt dude so it's not one of those Zab fights I watch often even though it;'s his best win. The Millet fight was Zab's best performance (even though he gets dropped. :snoop:)

i dont know :patrice:...i thought he had better fights against ward and junior witter...ward fight especially

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Rigo's Manager on LSC's contract being bought out by Haymon

"The WBC should strip Leo Santa Cruz of the WBC title for making a mockery of their organization. Santa Cruz is a coward for not accepting the Rigondeaux unification fight. He has ran for cover to Al Haymon because he knows he will be protected from a Rigondeaux massacre. Santa Cruz is gutless and should not be allowed to defend against another unknown challenger. Rigondeaux and Frampton are the only genuine world champions," an angry Hyde stated

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-rigondeaux-santa-cruz-coward-ran-haymon--87100

:heh:

AlNFFgX.jpg

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i dont know :patrice:...i thought he had better fights against ward and junior witter...ward fight especially

The Ward fight was good for Zab, because it was a step up for him going against a tough cat like that, but Witter was a late replacement and didn't really try to win. Dude ran around and tried to survive all night. (sorta like what Spinks tried to do in the rematch)

Against Terron Millet, you saw the very best of what Zab was capable of against a solid dude that tried to win. You saw Zabs crazy speed, the combos, the movement, the defensive reflexes, and you also saw the knockout power.

All of that really wasn't on display like that against Ward and Witter. The Ward fight showed a lot, but you ain't see that KO power/killer instinct.

If someone who never seen a prime Zab before, I'd prolly show them the Millet fight and then the Ward match up.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 2/6:

- Klitschko-Jennings undercard not set. If it is Sadam Ali he could fight Francisco Santana.
- Molina has a chance vs. Broner, but Broner is the favorite.
- Cotto fight possibilities: Still could be Floyd in May or Bradley in June.
- If Floyd-Manny gets made he was told it would be a 3 card broadcast.
- Over/Under boxers have a union in 4 years: Over.
Way over.
- Haymon doesn't sit ringside to watch fights, he watches them backstage on TV.
- Jermain Taylor's mandatory will be announced Monday. Since he likely cannot make a fight he will be stripped and expect N'Dam-Sturm to fight for the belt.
- Wilder-Wlad will not happen until 2016. Wilder needs to build his name up.
- Gives GGG a decent chance to fight on PPV this year...all depends on opponent.
- Sergio Martinez vs. Julian Jackson (prime): Martinez's skill probably trump Jackson's power.
- Wlad vs. Tyson: Wlad by easy KO.
- Has no idea why Arum would say the TV deal was done, when it is not.
- Does not think Arum is intentionally sabotaging the negotiations, although his comments may be unintentionally hurting negotiations.
- Garcia-Peterson likely at the Barclay's Center.
- Louder crowd reaction - JCC dropping Sergio or JMM KO of Manny? JCC KD was the single loudest outburst of noise he has ever heard at a fight.
- Roc Nation is talking to HBO about a Ward fight. They asked Showtime and they only had lukewarm interest.
- Kessler a HOF'er? No.
- Thinks there is a great chance we eventually see GGG-Canelo.
- Ward negotiations won't be easy. There are not very many matchup at 168 that interest HBO and ones they are willing to spend money on.
- How late could Floyd-Manny negotiations go on and still fight May 2? Floyd-Guerrero was signed Feb 19...although that was the worst promotion he has ever covered.
- The Brewster-Wlad fight was not fixed.
- The Garcia-Peterson card will cost millions of dollars. You have them and add Lee who should be compensated nicely as he had to pay Saunders 6 figures to to step aside and then add Quillin.
- LSC going to Haymon probably makes LSC-Mares more likely.
- Victor Ortiz may be added to 3/7 undercard.
- No way we see JCC vs. Hopkins.
- Eventually we probably see Broner-Maidana 2, but right now they will take other fights.
- JCC vs. Fonfara likely on NBC, but he has heard it could be on Showtime.
- Beterbiev likely on undercard of Stevenson's April 4 date.
- Haymon knows he will lose money on NBC/Spike deal. What the long term plan is, he won't say.
- Heard that Haymon has offered to buy JCC from Arum for the low seven figures. No agreement yet.
- BHop vs. Froch is possible after Froch returns from injury.
- There is a theory he has heard that Floyd and Manny are negotiating to fight at a later date, but have not announced it publicly to hurt Canelo's fight on May 2.
- Lemieux could be on Canelo's undercard.
- Curtis Stevens will fight next on BKB PPV in the main event.
- If Pacquiao-Mayweather does not happen it likely won't help Haymon's relationship with Showtime.
- Rumblings that Walters may sign with Haymon.
- Ward says his toughest fight was vs. Bika.
- Mikey Garcia continues to not fight because he believes he should get paid more.
- Pernell Whitaker in his prime would destroy any fighter currently at 135 and 140. At 147 he would get tough competition from Mayweather and Pacquiao.
- TR says Lomachenko likely fights on Pacquiao's next undercard (Mayweather-Manny fight included).
- Espinoza told him TV deal was not done and he confirmed with both networks within 5 minutes.
- He has heard that the gloves for Floyd vs. Manny have been agreed upon and are not an issue.
- Also told there is no rematch clause in the negotiations and both side are fine with that.
- Thinks 130 was Floyd's best division.
- Prime Tszyu vs. ODH? ODH.
- Wlad is a top 10 all time HW.
- Winky Wright HOF? Leaning towards yes.

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
- Ward says his toughest fight was vs. Bika.

Ugly fight but :banderas: #SOGGang beating nikkas at their own game :sog:

- Pernell Whitaker in his prime would destroy any fighter currently at 135 and 140. At 147 he would get tough competition from Mayweather and Pacquiao.

I think he beats Manny idk about Floyd.

- TR says Lomachenko likely fights on Pacquiao's next undercard (Mayweather-Manny fight included).

Mr. PPV while Gary lucky if he gets put on cards now a days :smugbiden:

- Winky Wright HOF? Leaning towards yes.

Trinidad's resume would take a huge bump if he does, only losses are to two ATG and one HOF :whoo:

:scust: @ nikkas mentioning Cotto's name in the same paragraph as Tito.