Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Last night I rewatched Cotto/Malignaggi for the 1st time in years. My thoughts and looking back on this fight.

- I can see why Paulie is so proud of this loss and really big ups Cotto. This is the only loss Paulie had against a better fighter where he was actually competitive. He won rounds and actually landed some decent shots. I know nikkas like to bring up the Broner fight, but Paulie was only competitive because of his work rate really. He never really had any moments in that fight. Against Cotto he actually boxed and snagged some rounds whenever Cotto took his foot off the gas. Paulie also threw shots with more conviction. He landed that overhand right and left hook throughout the fight. Even rocked Cotto once (partial slip helped it though) Crowd was cheering for Malignaggi throughout the fight too. nikkas kept chanting Paulie.

:mjlol: at Foreman saying Cotto should be careful against a master boxer in Paulie. ( I swear I thought of Black Jesus and them Algieri posts)

:what: at one commentator having Paulie ahead while in the middle rounds (mind you Cotto had a 10-8 rd for the knockdown)

:scust: them body shots Cotto was landing though.

:damn: at the double left hooks to the face Paulie kept catching.

Paulie lost clearly, but he fought his ass off in front of his hometown and was proud of his performance. It's just that Cotto's heavy hands were so damaging to Paulie's face, cats forget how competitive the bout was. Paulie can't say the same for his other losses.

Khan two pieced him to death with jabs and straights for a bunch of one-sided rounds.
Hatton just man-handled him with power shots and hooks
Porter just walked through him.
Broner just counter punched him all night with head snapping lefts and rights.

Boxing time capsules :blessed:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Last night I rewatched Cotto/Malignaggi for the 1st time in years. My thoughts and looking back on this fight.

- I can see why Paulie is so proud of this loss and really big ups Cotto. This is the only loss Paulie had against a better fighter where he was actually competitive. He won rounds and actually landed some decent shots. I know nikkas like to bring up the Broner fight, but Paulie was only competitive because of his work rate really. He never really had any moments in that fight. Against Cotto he actually boxed and snagged some rounds whenever Cotto took his foot off the gas. Paulie also threw shots with more conviction. He landed that overhand right and left hook throughout the fight. Even rocked Cotto once (partial slip helped it though) Crowd was cheering for Malignaggi throughout the fight too. nikkas kept chanting Paulie.

:mjlol: at Foreman saying Cotto should be careful against a master boxer in Paulie. ( I swear I thought of Black Jesus and them Algieri posts)

:what: at one commentator having Paulie ahead while in the middle rounds (mind you Cotto had a 10-8 rd for the knockdown)

:scust: them body shots Cotto was landing though.

:damn: at the double left hooks to the face Paulie kept catching.

Paulie lost clearly, but he fought his ass off in front of his hometown and was proud of his performance. It's just that Cotto's heavy hands were so damaging to Paulie's face, cats forget how competitive the bout was. Paulie can't say the same for his other losses.

Khan two pieced him to death with jabs and straights for a bunch of one-sided rounds.
Hatton just man-handled him with power shots and hooks
Porter just walked through him.
Broner just counter punched him all night with head snapping lefts and rights.

Boxing time capsules :blessed:
and that didn't stop him from using his most powerful weapon, his mouth...his announcing gig is good!!!!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
first fight I ever went to. Last row, $25. Instantly hooked, the noise was deafening and I still haven't heard anything like it since in any sporting event I've ever been to (except Cotto/Judah)

I remember one of these gimmick boxers fought on the undercard, some football player. There were some people around for that guy.

And the GREAT John Duddy fought on that card too.. he had his fanbase then but he was largely unknown.

So it wasn't exactly the PR dominated stadium you saw in his other fights. It was a Rocky 4 moment, Cotto was dominating and but as Paulie fought back around the middle rounds it was a turnaround, all of a sudden people appreciating what he was doing and there was a :ohhh: he might actually turn this around. Just a great first experience really.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
cotto-malignaggi was a fight i watched a :lolbron: on my face..i hated paulie and his flamboyancy in those days....watching cotto take his zero and break bones in his face was entertaining as fukk to me..but even with the ass whoopin he was taking he was competitive to the end..I give him props for that

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
jJust rewatched the donaire v rigo fight.
:damn: at how fast rigo is, shyt aint even fair.
Donaire couldnt do shyt all fight. got a boxing lesson put on him
flash the fave right? remind me..we wanted that fight and cubano served pinoy up. what a schooling plus props to flash for the KD,.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
flash the fave right? remind me..we wanted that fight and cubano served pinoy up. what a schooling plus props to flash for the KD,.
Flash was the favorite but not heavy tho I think
Kellerman was like rigo never saw a fighter like flash before. RJJ was :whoa: cubano got 2 gold medals, he's some of everybody before. By round two everybody was like, yeah, donaire in trouble :mjlol:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cotto Promotions Press Conference:mjlol:

sglvcy.jpg

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm reading people in his own country despise cotto?