Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Froch a shook boy :scheme:

JCC Jr moving up to Light Heavyweight?:ohhh:

I can rejoin the #ChavezCoalition then, being that I don't have a 175lber, and he won't have to fight Ward or Canelo:blessed:

@ChocolateGiddyUp it's coming full circle..... #BandCamp + #swiftset = #ChavezCoalition

:ahh:

I didn't have to go a fight without openly stanning him neither:whew:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
JCC Jr moving up to Light Heavyweight?:ohhh:

I can rejoin the #ChavezCoalition then, being that I don't have a 175lber, and he won't have to fight Ward or Canelo:blessed:

@ChocolateGiddyUp it's coming full circle..... #BandCamp + #swiftset = #ChavezCoalition

:ahh:

I didn't have to go a fight without openly stanning him neither:whew:

Now we know why Al signed Bute

Fonfara
Bute
Froch

We goin :eat:good off these Euro Cacs:smugjr:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Now we know why Al signed Bute

Fonfara
Bute
Froch

We goin :eat:good off these Euro Cacs:smugjr:

Weed and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for everyone
african-celebration-o.gif

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the Chavez Jr fight is at a catchweight. This dude just really needs to pick a weight man.

Nygga started at 130 & will probably end his career at CW. I'm still amazed at Guillermo Jones. From 147 to CW

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I read the Chavez Jr fight is at a catchweight. This dude just really needs to pick a weight man.

Nygga started at 130 & will probably end his career at CW. I'm still amazed at Guillermo Jones. From 147 to CW

Fonfara is a light heavy....JCC Jr is trying to campaign at 168 especially if they still want Froch in the summer

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fonfara is a light heavy....JCC Jr is trying to campaign at 168 especially if they still want Froch in the summer

I'm aware of that, which is why it's a catchweight. Assuming he gets the Froch fight, I wonder what Jr's move is gonna be after that.

What I'm wondering is will Jr try to have a career at 168 or will he just fight there for the Froch fight & move on. This catch weight tells me he has no desire to go through that grind of making 168 unless it's for the right fight.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm aware of that, which is why it's a catchweight. Assuming he gets the Froch fight, I wonder what Jr's move is gonna be after that.

What I'm wondering is will Jr try to have a career at 168 or will he just fight there for the Froch fight & move on. This catch weight tells me he has no desire to go through that grind of making 168 unless it's for the right fight.

Or the catchweight can mean Fonfara can't make 168 :dwillhuh:

Jcc Jr made 168 for the 2nd Vera fight no problem.... There was talks of him wanting Cotto for the middleweight belt this summer

Only way Jr goes to 175 is to fight :cape: or BHop...hell stay at 168 Haymon has more fights for him there...Dirrell bros, Bika, Bute, Froch, Kid Choc if he moves up

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or the catchweight can mean Fonfara can't make 168 :dwillhuh:

Jcc Jr made 168 for the 2nd Vera fight no problem.... There was talks of him wanting Cotto for the middleweight belt this summer

Only way Jr goes to 175 is to fight :cape: or BHop...hell stay at 168 Haymon has more fights for him there...Dirrell bros, Bika, Bute, Froch, Kid Choc if he moves up

Fonfara is irrelevant in this whole thing. They aren't gonna create a catch weight to accommodate him of all people.

Fonfara hasn't fought at 168 in about 6 years so I wouldn't expect him to make 168. He's a light heavyweight. The catch weight is more about Chavez Jr, who has had a long layoff & probably has no desire to make 168 on his first fight back.

I'm actually surprised they didn't target a smaller 168 lb guy & bring him up to whatever the catchweight is.

Of the guys you listed, I could definitely see Froch & Bute in Jr's future. 2 guys that bring good money. He won't waste his time with the others. This is a business. I don't really see JR as a guy that's trying to be the best. He just wants to make money.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
By Steve Kim

For the better part of a year, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Top Rank have been at odds and currently they are locked in litigation that has kept Chavez Jr. out of the ring since last March (where he defeated Bryan Vera, in their rematch). Since that juncture there was an unsuccessful attempt at making a summer pay-per-view bout with Gennady Golovkin.

Chavez has been trying to break free from his promotional pact with the company that has represented him from the beginning of his professional career. A few months ago, Chavez signed with adviser Al Haymon - a clear sign that he wanted to move on. Top Rank continues to stand firm on their belief that the former WBC middleweight beltholder owes them one more fight.

There was talk of a March 28th bout against British star Carl Froch, which fell through after the Nottingham fighter suffered an injury in camp.

On Monday, it was broken by BoxingScene.com that Chavez would be paired against Andzrej Fonfara on April 18th.

So what what was the reaction of Top Rank chairman, Bob Arum, to the Chavez-Fonfara deal?

"We'll see them in court," Arum, simply said, to BoxingScene.com.

Steve Kim is the news editor for BoxingScene.com.
:sadcam: