Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Manny/Pac gets made for May 2, I wouldn't be surprised if Cotto tries to bargain for Puerto Rican Day weekend, and maybe an outside shot of having it in MSG. :patrice:

That's what their looking at

Cotto's Adviser: There is Movement By Canelo's Side

Gaby Penagarciano, legal adviser to WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32KOs), has revealed that there has been some movement on side of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (44-1-1, 31KOs) to satisfy the Puerto Rican champion's demands for a May 2nd HBO Pay-Per-View showdown.

Penagarícano also said the dates of June 6 and June 13 in New York City are being evaluated - likely in the event of a deal being reached for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd.

A little over a week ago, the adviser said the negotiations were at "50%." He says they are now at 60%.

"We are in talks, but there is no agreement yet. But there is some movement. There has been a little more flexibility on the side of the promoters of Canelo. We are working with people who are friends of ours. But we're talking about all aspects of the fight, including the financial structure. We are at 60 percent now. A little more than before because Golden Boy and Canelo have been more flexible to move toward our position," Penagaricano told ESPN Deportes.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cottos-adviser-there-movement-by-canelos-side--86126

Negotiations at 60%:pachaha:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner: Roc Nation $40 Mill Offer Disrespectful, Bullsh*t!

Three-division former world champ Adrien Broner fiercely attacked Jay-Z for what he says is a highly insulting offer to join Roc Nation Sports.

Adrien just appeared on "TMZ Hollywood Sports" and skewered the hip-hop mogul/sports titan for only offering him $40 million dollars for five years. Adrien reaffirmed his directive that Jay could "suck my d*ck."

He then went after another Roc Nation client, Rihanna, whom he says could go f*** herself."

They sent an email. Jay- Z didn't do it literally. They shot an email and I wasn't happy with it. The capacity of the contract was $40 million for five years and that's bullsh*t. It is what it is. At the end of the day I felt disrespected. If you're going to come to me and say I'm going to fight twice a year and get eight million a year for five years straight. You got me f***d up. I'm not old. I'm scheduled to fight four times this year. I wanted to tell him and hopefully this gets to him - stop sending your workers to talk to me. I'm a boss and bosses talk to bosses," Broner said.

Broner third Al Haymon client, behind Deontay Wilder and Keith Thurman, that Roc Nation failed in getting.

Adrien has a lot more where that came from. Check it out tonight on TMZ Hollywood Sports at 6 PM ET, 3 PM PT on Reelz Channel.

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-roc-nation-40-mill-offer-disrespectful-bullsht--86152

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cotto hasn't signed with a promoter yet. That's why nothing has happened yet.
I don't understand what you mean.
Cotto is basically a free agent who has a working relationship with Bob Arum. He seems to not be interested in signing with a promoter and it didn't hold up his bout with Sergio Martinez last year.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner: Roc Nation $40 Mill Offer Disrespectful, Bullsh*t!

Three-division former world champ Adrien Broner fiercely attacked Jay-Z for what he says is a highly insulting offer to join Roc Nation Sports.

Adrien just appeared on "TMZ Hollywood Sports" and skewered the hip-hop mogul/sports titan for only offering him $40 million dollars for five years. Adrien reaffirmed his directive that Jay could "suck my d*ck."

He then went after another Roc Nation client, Rihanna, whom he says could go f*** herself."

They sent an email. Jay- Z didn't do it literally. They shot an email and I wasn't happy with it. The capacity of the contract was $40 million for five years and that's bullsh*t. It is what it is. At the end of the day I felt disrespected. If you're going to come to me and say I'm going to fight twice a year and get eight million a year for five years straight. You got me f***d up. I'm not old. I'm scheduled to fight four times this year. I wanted to tell him and hopefully this gets to him - stop sending your workers to talk to me. I'm a boss and bosses talk to bosses," Broner said.

Broner third Al Haymon client, behind Deontay Wilder and Keith Thurman, that Roc Nation failed in getting.

Adrien has a lot more where that came from. Check it out tonight on TMZ Hollywood Sports at 6 PM ET, 3 PM PT on Reelz Channel.

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-roc-nation-40-mill-offer-disrespectful-bullsht--86152

My nikka just turned down an NBA contract (40 million over 5 years):wow:

This is walking a fine line between stupid and genius.........we will see soon:ohlawd:

#AboutBillions/ #BandCamp

:blessed:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hasnt broner been getting 1 or 2 million per fight for the last few?

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Regardless of whether or not this was a wise move from business standpoint...that was some real nikka shyt

tP3ak6m.png