Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
are you saying you agree or disagree? because I thought Hopkins won both fights. different scenario though....HBO was through with Hopkins, especially after he couldnt sell no more than 4,000 seats at the Spectrum. Taylor was the new young buck so essentially he was the champ before he was crowned. the burden was on B-Hop to win convincingly.

Herrera is basically a nobody to the general public. Had that been AB he wouldve been awarded the victory over Danny.

I thought Hopkins won the first fight narrowly with the second fight being a draw, Hopkins started way too late in the first fight and the second fight was pretty hard to score as well.

I don't agree with the close rounds goes to the champion line of thinking, because it would mean that all judges think alike. If there is a round where there is no clear winner, it is up to the judges preference over whether they preferred workrate over defense/ring generalship/clean punching (this is just an example). I don't think they should just give the close rounds to the champion just based on some unwritten rule. In that first fight Hopkins wasn't doing shyt in those early rounds so I could see why the judges gave a lot of the early rounds to Taylor, because even if they wanted to give a close round to the champ, BHop wasn't even throwing 20 punches a round, while Taylor was at least jabbing and had a decent workrate while trying to bring the fight. BHop was just waiting till Taylor gassed himself out in the later rounds and he was going to knock him out, but as a result of not putting Taylor away, Taylor was given the decision.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think its funny how darnell boone has given so much trouble to stevenson, kovalev, and ward...boone is going to cause another upset soon enough..stevenson and kovalev though...i like watching them fight but not on the bandwagon yet..im a little salty at what adonis did to chad but it is what is unfortunately

I feel your pain about Chad :to: when he comin back breh?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't agree with the close rounds goes to the champion line of thinking, because it would mean that all judges think alike. If there is a round where there is no clear winner, it is up to the judges preference over whether they preferred workrate over defense/ring generalship/clean punching (this is just an example).

thats the subjectivity of it. if you have a scoring preference then the round wouldnt be even. I am saying if you cant decide on who to give it to in a championship fight, give it to the champ. non title, score it a draw. I just like that because this way a challenger doesnt come in scared and shyt. if you want the title you need to take it. the champion already has it. Taylor really didnt want it with B-Hop he wanted to play it safe and rely on the judges and his promoter and shyt. when Tarver came at Roy that first fight...he wasnt fukkin around...even though he lost.

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
So with Guerrero signing with Haymon does that mean we can possibly get Khan vs Ghost:lupe:
Nah, Ghost already said he tried to make the Khan fight and they rejected it. I'd like to see Ghost vs Thurman, but Guerrero already turned that fight down.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah, Ghost already said he tried to make the Khan fight and they rejected it. I'd like to see Ghost vs Thurman, but Guerrero already turned that fight down.

GBP shot it down cuz Guerrero tryin to sue them still

My thinking is if Ghost signs with Haymon he'd tell his ass stop the bs N fight...Khan also jus recently signed with Haymon so the fight should be easier to make...

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I didn't score the fight rd by rd N I really ain't trying to watch that fight again

Like I've said before Herrera fought ugly N judges for the most part dnt like that ugly ass style breh...jab jab smother hold hit repeat

If you wanna be on that Swift didn't land shyt shostats is lying, then there's nothing I can say N there's no sense in debating

There's no doubt in my mind Swift out landed Herrera in power shots by a wide ass margin N that's why he got the W

I ain't on no Stan shyt or bias shyt...that's how I score fights Power punches mean more then jabs:manny:
You my breh but you aint trying to watch one of your favorite fighters in a good close fight? So you scoring fights strictly power punches vs jabs? No defense no ring generalship? IDK breh

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
thats the subjectivity of it. if you have a scoring preference then the round wouldnt be even. I am saying if you cant decide on who to give it to in a championship fight, give it to the champ. non title, score it a draw. I just like that because this way a challenger doesnt come in scared and shyt. if you want the title you need to take it. the champion already has it. Taylor really didnt want it with B-Hop he wanted to play it safe and rely on the judges and his promoter and shyt. when Tarver came at Roy that first fight...he wasnt fukkin around...even though he lost.

What this would basically amount to though, would mean that challengers would have to change their styles in an attempt to get the decision/win. Every challenger would already be put in an inherent disadvantage coming into the fight. Herrera, would have to fight out of character not to win the rounds, but knowing that he basically would have to knock the champ out or else he's taking the L. I think close rounds shouldn't go to the champ by default, because it basically means that the champion knows that if he's losing the round than he can shoeshine, flurry, or try to win the last 30 seconds of each round and he knows that he's getting the decision.

Open scoring is also some major bullshyt, which I'm glad only non-US boxing commissions deem worthy to use.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i dont like what I saw in the Salido fight. that stoppage was pure bulshyt.
The one where Salido headbutted him and broke his nose after being dropped 4 ties and was down by 9-10pts on every card?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You my breh but you aint trying to watch one of your favorite fighters in a good close fight? So you scoring fights strictly power punches vs jabs? No defense no ring generalship? IDK breh

Fight was ehh to me...it had good moments but Herrera made it ugly N don't really need to see it again

I didn't score the fight cuz after the 2nd rd I knew the judges weren't goin to score that shyt to Herrera off his game plan then the open scoring confirmed it

I come in here N read Danny hasn't won a round off peoples score cards N was:mindblown:

Ain't no reason battling nikkas that biased so why bother??:yeshrug: