Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-i-no-confidence-rios-make-140--75548
By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who promotes former champion Brandon Rios, is not confident in Rios' belief that he can make the junior welterweight limit of 140-pounds.

Rios has been pushing for a fight with WBO 140-pound champion Ruslan Provodnikov, who returns to HBO on June 14th.

Provodnikov's promoter, Artie Pelullo, has rejected the idea of facing Rios, because Arum advised him ahead of time that Rios is unable to make 140. Rios last fought as a welterweight, losing a twelve round decision to Manny Pacquiao last November. After the fight, Rios tested positive for a banned substance that assists athletes with losing weight.

Despite the recent history, Rios - during last week's interview with BoxingScene - maintained that he is capable of making 140.

But his promoter disagrees and doesn't want another incident where a fighter fails to make the contract weight.

"There is a big problem there with the weight. Provodnikov wants to fight for his title at 140 and I have no confidence that Rios can make 140,"
Arum told BoxingScene.com.
Well damn.......

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Arum saving Rios from getting the beatdown of his life lol
No he's trying to punish Prov who is not exactly a Top Rank fighter, No Bradley, No Manny, No JMM and now no Rios, it's clear as fukk what Arum is trying to pull

What will be HBO excuse for shelving Prov, can't wait to see

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I wanna see Victor Ortiz vs Brandon Rios at 147!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heh:

That's like a perfect "Bad Blood" matchup, because they were great friends who now hate each other. I have to see that fight before one of them is completely shot:dead:

The buildup, the backstory, then them actually finally getting into the ring to settle it:ohlawd:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

That's like a perfect "Bad Blood" matchup, because they were great friends who now hate each other. I have to see that fight before one of them is completely shot:dead:

The buildup, the backstory, then them actually finally getting into the ring to settle it:ohlawd:
Throw in a loser leaves boxing for good stipulation on some WWE shyt and you have yourself a main event :blessed:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

well there's not a lot of time left for that..rios is getting punchier and fatter and ortiz looks like he's succumbing to his demons

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

I doubt Ortiz would quit in this match

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
well there's not a lot of time left for that..rios is getting punchier and fatter and ortiz looks like he's succumbing to his demons

That's why I'm anxious for it. I believe that can be a new age "Gatti vs Ward" trilogy with them going at it.

2 middle of the pack fighters combining to make some great matches......except they have a personal history/rivalry involved in it.