Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
See now...........I'm all the way in South Korea but I felt some salt being thrown my way..........

#MatthysseMafia all day :birdman:

Better make that fight with John John Molina and keep it moving :ufdup:

:salute:

We a few steps closer to making that #BandCamp vs #MatthysseMafia avi bet come true...........you still have time to back down:demonic:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thurman, Matthysse Doubleheader in Play For April 26

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is planning to stage a "power punch" Showtime televised doubleheader on April 26th. The event could potentially land at StubHub Center in Carson, California - other venues are being explored as well.

The fight would showcase two of Golden Boy's biggest hitters, Keith Thurman (22-0, 20KOs) and Lucas Matthysse (34-3, 32KOs), in separate fights.

Last year, Thurman made his mark at welterweight - with impressive victories over Diego Chaves, Jesus Soto Karass and Jan Zaveck. Matthysse had a mixed bag of tricks. He blew out Mike Dallas and Lamont Peterson in a combined four rounds, but then lost a twelve round unanimous decision to WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia on the Mayweather-Canelo undercard last September.

"I'm thinking about April 26th, putting together some sort of a big guns card, where we have two of the biggest punchers in the sport and maybe the two the biggest punchers in the sport - not against each other, but on the same card against formidable opponents. And that would be Keith Thurman fighting somebody and Lucas Matthysse fighting somebody," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

"It might happen in Carson, but frankly you can put these guys anywhere. It's like the 'sluggers are coming to town.' Whether you are Mexican or Filipino or Chinese, you would want to watch these guys. If you are a fight fan, you know that these two guys always deliver."

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75339#ixzz2vD9BrfcZ

Carlos Molina Arrested Five Days Before PPV Bout

Posted by: David P. Greisman on 3/6/2014 .

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

Junior-middleweight titleholder Carlos Molina was arrested in Las Vegas earlier this week on a pair of years-old warrants out of the state of Wisconsin — and while the arrest came just five days before his bout with Jermell Charlo on this weekend’s pay-per-view, the fight is expected to still go on.

All of that is according to a report by Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports.

Molina is facing a warrant from January 2007 by one jurisdiction in Wisconsin with failing to register as a sex offender, and also has an open warrant from another jurisdiction dating back to 2005 on a charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct, Iole reported.

Molina “has been placed on an immigration hold,” Iole reported. “Molina was born in Mexico but lives in the U.S.”

Molina had a hearing scheduled for this morning, according to the Clark County Detention Center’s online records. Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions told Iole that he expected Molina to be released and to still fight on Saturday’s undercard to Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo.

Wisconsin online court records note that Molina’s alleged sex registry violation, a felony, dates back to July 2006, with the warrant filed six months later. The disorderly conduct accusation dates back to May 2005, with the warrant issued in September 2005.

The 30-year-old won the IBF world title in September with a win over Ishe Smith. He is 22-5-2 with 6 knockouts.

Pick up a copy of David’s new book, “Fighting Words: The Heart and Heartbreak of Boxing,” at http://bit.ly/fightingwordsamazon or internationally at http://bit.ly/fightingwordsworldwide. Send questions/comments via email at fightingwords1@gmail.com
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

This dude is a sex offender?:patrice:

:dead:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@patscorpio.........your boy is a pedophile and child molester:scusthov:

Boxer in Saturday bout arrested on fugitive warrant, expected to fight
web1_box-angelgarcia_091213JL_009_0.jpg

Boxer Carlos Molina attends a press conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013. Molina will fight Ishe Smith Saturday at the MGM Grand. (John Locher/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Buy Photo
web1_BOX-SMITH-091413JL_005_1.jpg

Carlos Molina celebrates after defeating Ishe Smith in their IBF Junior Middleweight title bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013. (John Locher/Las Vegas Review-Journal)

By MIKE BLASKY
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Carlos Molina, 30, the International Boxing Federation junior middleweight champion, was arrested Tuesday afternoon by Las Vegas police on a fugitive warrant.

The warrant, issued in 2007, was for a parole violation for failing to register as a sex offender in Wisconsin. He was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 2002 in Outagamie County, Wisc.

Molina, nicknamed “King,” was arrested shortly after his press conference Tuesday at the MGM Grand promoting his Saturday undercard fight against Jermall Charlo. Canelo Alvarez’s fight against Alfredo Angulo will headline the event, which will be broadcast on pay-per-view on Showtime.

Molina was in jail Thursday morning, records show, but law enforcement sources said he’s expected to be released before the fight.

It’s unclear how Molina, who was also jailed on an immigration hold, will obtain his release. He had a Thursday morning court hearing.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Contact reporter Mike Blasky at mblasky@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0283. Follow @blasky on Twitter.

:snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Let's see:patrice:

He'll be 31 in May of this year and the offense happened in 2002, 12 years ago?

He was 18 or 19. Hopefully it was something along the lines of his girlfriend was 16-17 years old or something. That happens alot and isnt bad at all.

OR

Hopefully he was lied to and she told him she was 18-19, but she was really 15, 16, or 17 years old. That's atleast understandable.

Better not be something where he was 19 and abusing some minor 14 and under:ufdup:

*edit*

Here is the Wisconsin Law on it

2) Second degree sexual assault. Whoever has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a person who has not attained the age of 16 years is guilty of a Class C felony.

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/02/2

So, if it's they HAVENT attained the age of 16, means the female was only 15 at MAX.

If she was his GF, why would he be dating a 15 year old and he's 19?:ufdup:

Hopefully, she lied on her age and said she was 16 for his sake.

I hate Chesters:pacspit:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
man if he's released before the card they are going to find some way of getting that belt off him barring a no contest or molina ko'ing charlo

Cant have him representing Boxing in a bad light:youngsabo:

You better go in there and change your pick breh:mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Who would have thought we would see the day when Newzz had the moral high ground on Scorpio.

:snoop:

Pat's my homie:salute:

As far as Carlos Molina goes, I cant mess with grown men that abuse children:ufdup:

Like breh, come on. You were 18/19....you could've found some 'round the way' slut or even pay a prostitiute if you had too. Why mess with the kids?:what::pacspit::camby:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate Chesters:pacspit:

I'll bet he was a 19 or 20 year old smashing some HS chick. that shyt happens all the fukkin time. I didnt know that til I got older how many dudes in their 20s be fukkin with 14-16 year olds. Thats really stat rape. I know a popular rapper who was doing that shyt. He's from BK. Thats all Imma say.