Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
For anybody who cares, Cornelius "K9" Bundrage fought friday night off-TV and won, he's now the #1 for the IBF (Carlos Molina) belt. Carlos Molina has to get past Jermall Charlo in March.....

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Are you actually asking me why I think Danny is not an unbeatable guy? Everyone is beatable man. Look at 140-147. You have Floyd & Manny at the very top. I believe it's far to say Bradley is a tier below them. And then you have everyone else. Garcia is part of the everything else. Maidana, Alexander, Broner, Garcia, Ortiz, Khan, etc all these guys are on the same tier. All these guys will beat up on each other & take wins & losses. The winner of any of these fights just comes down to styles as Alexander dominated Maidana, but than got dominated by Porter. You have to carefully evaluate when any of these guys matchup. His team realizes that, which is why he will stay at 140 for a while. Peterson is part that tier of "everyone else" as he's been competitive with everyone with the exception of Matthysse.

Now here's where I'm kinda of confused. Your listing Khan & Morales as amazing victories. Khan basically dominated the entire fight & his chin failed him. Morales has been DONE for years. Think about this. The Zahir Raheem fight was close to 9 years ago. I kind of feel ridiculous having to type this but do you follow the sport? Honest question because your not gonna sit up here & sale me on Morales being a great win at that point in his career.

You labeled him beatable as if he gets victory's in fights he doesn't clearly win. All his recent victories have been clear ones.

You also can't compare him to the Maidana's, Alexanders etc because unlike them Danny is multifaceted.
He can box, has a chin, stamina, jab, strength, power, focus, counters, a good corner and he can fight on the inside.
Everyone you listed is great in some areas but not all like Danny. Danny can face any style and will do well.

You can call Morales done and yes those consecutive loses to Manny and Diaz may have taken some of his greatness but in their first fight he was unanimously viewed as the favorite over Danny which is why he had the rematch clause even though he didn't have the title.

Part of a fighters rise is to face and beat a great or legendary fighter. Danny has done it five times in 2 years and he was the underdog in 3 of those matches.
Keep viewing him as beatable and he'll continue to prove you wrong :smugfavre:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if danny is staying at 140, then I don't mind him fighting peterson. there isn't anybody at 140.

I forgot that broner is supposed to be moving back down to 140:patrice:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The fukkery already started. :heh::dead: This should be a good fight.

:banderas:
50 and Garcia camp fukkery :blessed: another dominating performance by mikey welcome to the top 10 p4p M Garcia and D Garcia best up and coming fighters

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
For anybody who cares, Cornelius "K9" Bundrage fought friday night off-TV and won, he's now the #1 for the IBF (Carlos Molina) belt. Carlos Molina has to get past Jermall Charlo in March.....

molina-bundrage - :why:..dammit why cant someone knock k9 out? joel julio and sechew powell did :mindblown:..i hope to never see that fight

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Are you actually asking me why I think Danny is not an unbeatable guy? Everyone is beatable man. Look at 140-147. You have Floyd & Manny at the very top. I believe it's far to say Bradley is a tier below them. And then you have everyone else. Garcia is part of the everything else. Maidana, Alexander, Broner, Garcia, Ortiz, Khan, etc all these guys are on the same tier. All these guys will beat up on each other & take wins & losses. The winner of any of these fights just comes down to styles as Alexander dominated Maidana, but than got dominated by Porter. You have to carefully evaluate when any of these guys matchup. His team realizes that, which is why he will stay at 140 for a while. Peterson is part that tier of "everyone else" as he's been competitive with everyone with the exception of Matthysse.

Matthysse fight was impressive. As I said previously, the fight for the most part was even until the eye injury. Garcia was the cause of that eye injury. It's part of the game. From there he was able to take over & win the fight comfortably. He gets full credit. Hell I give full credit to Lennox for beating Vitali. Your job as a fighter is to injure the other man. I don't do "what ifs."

Now here's where I'm kinda of confused. Your listing Khan & Morales as amazing victories. Khan basically dominated the entire fight & his chin failed him. Morales has been DONE for years. Think about this. The Zahir Raheem fight was close to 9 years ago. I kind of feel ridiculous having to type this but do you follow the sport? Honest question because your not gonna sit up here & sale me on Morales being a great win at that point in his career.

Or you could look as it as Peterson has acquired so much experience over the last 5 years fighting the best guys available, that he would be up to the task to cause the upset.

It's clear from your post that you don't like Peterson. It seems like an unhealthy dislike which is why I won't debate further. I also don't like talking about fights that aren't actually official anyway.

All I'm saying is Peterson beating Garcia is just not some huge monumental upset. I could see Peterson grinding a tough decision. I could see Swift knocking him out with a counter left hook. All kinds of possibilities. I haven't given it much thought, & won't unless it becomes official.
Stop it my nikka. Peterson is garbage....

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Horse shyt(lol).......Thats some straight up and down unadulterated bullshyt homie.