Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peterson likes to bang but don't got the power or chin for that life

Swifts body attack would slow him down until Peterson eats a counter hook N ends up :deadmanny:

Danny only has 16 KO's & normally goes the distance anytime he's in there with a solid fighter (exceptions being Khan & an ancient Morales in recent years).

Please cut all that swift set bullshiit out. I know he's a fan favorite around here, but there's got to be some objectivity as well.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Danny only has 16 KO's & normally goes the distance anytime he's in there with a solid fighter (exceptions being Khan & an ancient Morales in recent years).

Please cut all that swift set bullshiit out. I know he's a fan favorite around here, but there's got to be some objectivity as well.

:rudy:

Lamont Peterson got dropped by Khan N fukkingTim marshmallow fists Bradley...the nikka is the definition of chinny

His defense is trash

Swift knocked down Matthysse who never had touched the canvas prior... his power is very real

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

Lamont Peterson got dropped by Khan N fukkingTim marshmallow fists Bradley...the nikka is the definition of chinny

His defense is trash

Swift knocked down Matthysse who never had touched the canvas prior... his power is very real

The Matthysse fight was pretty even until the eye injury. After the eye injury, it was pretty much downhill for Lucas. Matthysse could not see, which resulted in the knockdown.

Let me make this clear, I have not made a decision who would win if they were to fight. If Peterson were to win, in which he would be the underdog, it would not surprise me whatsoever. I don't have favorite fighters. I don't base my picks on who I want to win. I base my predictions based purely on logic & I'm normally pretty accurate since I am a former gambler. Your so bias for Danny to win this fight, your not even open to the possibility of Peterson winning.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
However, Danny is such as beatable guy

What gives you that opinion friend?

Was it the Matthysse fight where he ate clean shots from the biggest 140 puncher in recent memory

Or was it the Khan fight where he timed and countered the lighting fast Khan with a left that made Khan rethink his career

Or was it the Morales fights where he dominated the Mexican legend and took his belt :ohhh:

:huhldup: at miguel vasquez in a standalone mainevent fight on hbo :smh:

They can broadcast Shiming and a Vazquez fight but they can't broadcast the GGG fight :stopitslime:

They also passed on Crawford v Burns.
February is gonna be a shyte month of boxing :aicmon:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Matthysse fight was pretty even until the eye injury. After the eye injury, it was pretty much downhill for Lucas. Matthysse could not see, which resulted in the knockdown.

Let me make this clear, I have not made a decision who would win if they were to fight. If Peterson were to win, in which he would be the underdog, it would not surprise me whatsoever. I don't have favorite fighters. I don't base my picks on who I want to win. I base my predictions based purely on logic & I'm normally pretty accurate since I am a former gambler. Your so bias for Danny to win this fight, your not even open to the possibility of Peterson winning.

It has nothing to do with Swift N errything to do with me thinking Lamont ain't shyt

He wasn't shyt against Bradley
He wasn't shyt against Ortiz
He wasn't shyt against Matthysse
He wasn't shyt against Khan (needed PEDs N shady refs taking away 2 points to win a SD)

Of course Peterson can beat Garcia...its boxing anything can happen

But if you look at the match up Lamont will not box...he will be there to be countered N his chin is trash....Swift is an exceptional counter puncher has an Iron chin N ko power

The same punches from Matthysse that had Lamont flopping all over the ring Swift was eating N breaking Matthysse face in the process

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What gives you that opinion friend?

Was it the Matthysse fight where he ate clean shots from the biggest 140 puncher in recent memory

Or was it the Khan fight where he timed and countered the lighting fast Khan with a left that made Khan rethink his career

Or was it the Morales fights where he dominated the Mexican legend and took his belt :ohhh:

Are you actually asking me why I think Danny is not an unbeatable guy? Everyone is beatable man. Look at 140-147. You have Floyd & Manny at the very top. I believe it's far to say Bradley is a tier below them. And then you have everyone else. Garcia is part of the everything else. Maidana, Alexander, Broner, Garcia, Ortiz, Khan, etc all these guys are on the same tier. All these guys will beat up on each other & take wins & losses. The winner of any of these fights just comes down to styles as Alexander dominated Maidana, but than got dominated by Porter. You have to carefully evaluate when any of these guys matchup. His team realizes that, which is why he will stay at 140 for a while. Peterson is part that tier of "everyone else" as he's been competitive with everyone with the exception of Matthysse.

Matthysse fight was impressive. As I said previously, the fight for the most part was even until the eye injury. Garcia was the cause of that eye injury. It's part of the game. From there he was able to take over & win the fight comfortably. He gets full credit. Hell I give full credit to Lennox for beating Vitali. Your job as a fighter is to injure the other man. I don't do "what ifs."

Now here's where I'm kinda of confused. Your listing Khan & Morales as amazing victories. Khan basically dominated the entire fight & his chin failed him. Morales has been DONE for years. Think about this. The Zahir Raheem fight was close to 9 years ago. I kind of feel ridiculous having to type this but do you follow the sport? Honest question because your not gonna sit up here & sale me on Morales being a great win at that point in his career.

It has nothing to do with Swift N errything to do with me thinking Lamont ain't shyt

He wasn't shyt against Bradley
He wasn't shyt against Ortiz
He wasn't shyt against Matthysse
He wasn't shyt against Khan (needed PEDs N shady refs taking away 2 points to win a SD)

Of course Peterson can beat Garcia...its boxing anything can happen

But if you look at the match up Lamont will not box...he will be there to be countered N his chin is trash....Swift is an exceptional counter puncher has an Iron chin N ko power

Or you could look as it as Peterson has acquired so much experience over the last 5 years fighting the best guys available, that he would be up to the task to cause the upset.

It's clear from your post that you don't like Peterson. It seems like an unhealthy dislike which is why I won't debate further. I also don't like talking about fights that aren't actually official anyway.

All I'm saying is Peterson beating Garcia is just not some huge monumental upset. I could see Peterson grinding a tough decision. I could see Swift knocking him out with a counter left hook. All kinds of possibilities. I haven't given it much thought, & won't unless it becomes official.

Last edited:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Mikey is more of an American defensive fighter than a brawling Mexican fighter. He have the potential to be as popular as Oscar de la Hoya.
I know,I seen most of his fights,its just that normally the opposition engages more,so with him being the way he is and Burgos Bullshyting,wasn't wat I was expecting :ld:
I thought Mickey would of hurt him more :ld: