Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
martinez looked like shyt in his past 2 fights might as well fight khan who actually has a fan base.
he didn't look like shyt against jcc jr...he gave that bum that work for 11 rounds..then jcc jr nearly caught fools gold in that last round but not enough to say he looked like shyt

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Yoko Gushiken, Light Flyweight Kingpin and future Hall of Famer. Japanese man with the Black Dynamite look :banderas: He's definitely one of if not the most recognizable Japanese boxer of all time. Here he is against the Chilean national hero Martin Vargas, a great fighter in his own right who was on the tail end of his career, in fact this would be the final time he would challenge for a world title.

Suelta las manos Martín! PEGA MARTÍN PEGA!!! :damn:

:to:

I wouldn't call him a hero, but he was sure as hell close to it considering he was one of the very few bright spots at a time my country had NOTHING to be happy about and no one to root for (Pinochet's regime). I wasn't even born when he first retired but he's a huge icon that has been sadly forgotten - for the most part - here in Chile. He's no doubt in a out very short list of truly great athletes :salute:

I remember seeing him when he came back in the late 90's because he was broke and wanted to reach 100 wins...he couldn't do it :to:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/tua-hopes-ustinov-win-lead-klitschko-shot--71614#ixzz2kaQtDuGP
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

New Zealand heavyweight David Tua could possibly earn a shot at one of the two Klitschko brothers - if he scores a knockout win over Belarus boxer Alexander Ustinov on Saturday.

Tua meets Ustinov at Claudelands Arena in Hamilton, a hugely challenging bout with Ustinov ranked inside the top 10 in both the IBF and WBA rankings and with just one career loss from 29 bouts.

The Klitschko brothers, Vitali and Wladimir, between them hold all the major versions of the world heavyweight titles.

The Klitschkos' K2 Promotions chief executive Alexander Krasyuk has confirmed that a knockout win over Ustinov could earn Tua a fight against one of the brothers.

"If he wins and he is impressive, then will David Tua get a title shot? Yes. Definitely," Krasyuk told promoters for the Tua-Ustinov bout.

Tua, 40, hasn't fought for two years, and hasn't knocked out an opponent since Shane Cameron in 2009.

Tua has lost 50kg (110.2-pounds) and is at his lightest fighting weight since tipping the scales at 107kg ahead of his win over Cameron.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
He's hoping Cotto and Canelo square off

He can always face quillen for a Middleweight Strap

Sergio is not important in the grand scheme of things, people seem to think he's a draw and bring big money for whatever reason.

Sergio and his hands down D is a far far easier fight than Cotto.
Nah, I am saying that in a lot of ways if Cotto wins a Middleweight belt, Floyd could potentially win in a lot of ways.
Floyd certainly could fight Quillin (natural Showtime ties) and after how Quillin looked last fight, Mayweather should be extra confident about fighting a larger fighter. Quillin doesn't bring a lot of PPV interest, not anymore than anyone he could fight at 147.
Sergio - Floyd would be a big PPV fight. Nowhere near May-Canelo, but it would sell well (maybe 1.5 mil or more). Sergio is considered the true MW champ - so really the only fight worth the risk of a 160 lb'er. Problems could arise because Sergio is an HBO guy, and people say pretty loyal to them.

Cotto is the wrench that makes everything better for Floyd. If Cotto moved up and fought Sergio and won...now Cotto becomes the champ of the division because he knocked off the "guy". Cotto is a huge draw and despite Floyd and him already fighting, people in the know say that Cotto is always in the game as a future Floyd opponent.
Floyd could fight a guy he beat at 154, but now would be considered the "true" 160 lb champ. Cotto also is a fight by fight free agent, so could switch networks. It really is the perfect guy for Floyd.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
is it but he doesn't pack(lol) the place out like hatton etc..at home that is.
his fights over here are pretty empty and they had to force him to the public, also him fighting Peterson in dc, lol.
True:manny:

Being a american I rather buy or watch a Khan match any day rather than a Sergio match

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
khan is pure entertainment and I admit I like him, dude has heart and wants to ruck regardless, but his attributes let him down. When he fought maidana and Judah, shyt was ill.
He was aight at once, Danny ended his career though, the Ref should of let it continue we might of seen 2-3 more knockdown and Khan get slept once and for all