Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Showtime showing again why their announcers have the worst cards ever...

Don't know, I thought Rosado only won two rounds. :yeshrug:Quillen didn't look good, but other than 2 rounds where Rosado landed clean punches, he was all show and no substance IMO. It looked like he was doing a lot, but if you watched closely Rosado didn't do shyt.

Getting sick of Smoger as a ref...he definitely plays fav's (Hopkins, Judah) and he is beloved for letting stuff go...but he is supposed to be the law in the ring and he never takes control of a fight when he needs to.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#11 ranked Welterweight Kell Brook vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko

Ring Magazine has him at #4 at welterweight..........:dwillhuh:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Not possible as long as Arreola is around. Chris/Stiverne II would be for the belt if Vitali declines to defend in 2014. Then again...Arreola's name was floated around as Wlad's next victim. He also said Firtha never hurt him, but that he was off balance when it looked like Firtha shook him up with a left.

:what:

They're pushing Khan and Hopkins as Mayweather's next options.............jesus christ, save us Danny Garcia :sadcam:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all of what you just said is hypothetical and irrelevant because history as it ultimately turned out showed something different from what you are arguing. whats not hypothetical is that if hopkins was shot when he fought taylor then he was always shot because hopkins always looks like that. that fight was not an anomoly for hopkins. those were regular bernard hopkins fights that would have had a regular bernard hopkins outcome except for the fact that he has problems with guys that can box him.

the last we saw of the OPTIMAL PEAK B-Hop was when he beat Tito at about 36..and even then he was a lil past it. just because he outboxed nikkas for another 12 years dont mean he was at his best physically while doing it. it only proves as he says...he's and alien...lol.

this is what I am saying. you say Monzon beats Hopkins. you are basing it on the 40 year old Hopkins. I dont disagree, because Monzon was best in his late 20s-early 30's. essentially what you are saying is...the Monzon people saw beats any version of B-Hop. I dont disagree with that either, but I say its unfair because we never saw B-Hop against TOP level opposition until he was 36. By that age, Monzon was hanging up the gloves. We missed the opportunity to see Hopkins against the worlds best fighters when he was 30-35 years old.

if you wanna go that route...then you think a 48 year old Monzon can beat a 48 year old B-Hop? you aint gonna get a person in here to agree to that shyt. see you just cant compare them at the ages you want and still be fair with that assessment.

:camby:

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting sick of Smoger as a ref...he definitely plays fav's (Hopkins, Judah) and he is beloved for letting stuff go...but he is supposed to be the law in the ring and he never takes control of a fight when he needs to.

I love Smoger, he is one of the greats. He is an unusual ref though. I remember one fight where he was coaching the guy. He was giving him a 10 count and in between the count he was telling him to take your time....you dont have to rush. Smoger doesnt do things straight by the book but thats what makes him good too. No ref is totally impartial. Tony Weeks got some flack for Alvarado not beating the 10 count. I understand why he did it. If it was a lesser fighter he wouldve counted him out though. I dont think a ref should be some totally programmable robot. In works in our favor as fans that they arent more than not.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the last we saw of the OPTIMAL PEAK B-Hop was when he beat Tito at about 36..and even then he was a lil past it. just because he outboxed nikkas for another 12 years dont mean he was at his best physically while doing it. it only proves as he says...he's and alien...lol.

this is what I am saying. you say Monzon beats Hopkins. you are basing it on the 40 year old Hopkins. I dont disagree, because Monzon was best in his late 20s-early 30's. essentially what you are saying is...the Monzon people saw beats any version of B-Hop. I dont disagree with that either, but I say its unfair because we never saw B-Hop against TOP level opposition until he was 36. By that age, Monzon was hanging up the gloves. We missed the opportunity to see Hopkins against the worlds best fighters when he was 30-35 years old.

if you wanna go that route...then you think a 48 year old Monzon can beat a 48 year old B-Hop? you aint gonna get a person in here to agree to that shyt. see you just cant compare them at the ages you want and still be fair with that assessment.

:camby:
IMO the last physical prime fight of bhop was the joppy fight...he brutalized that cat

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I love Smoger, he is one of the greats. He is an unusual ref though. I remember one fight where he was coaching the guy. He was giving him a 10 count and in between the count he was telling him to take your time....you dont have to rush. Smoger doesnt do things straight by the book but thats what makes him good too. No ref is totally impartial. Tony Weeks got some flack for Alvarado not beating the 10 count. I understand why he did it. If it was a lesser fighter he wouldve counted him out though. I dont think a ref should be some totally programmable robot. In works in our favor as fans that they arent more than not.
Steve Smoger is that dude and his quirky style is what makes him one of my favorite refs.