Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
LMAO! I don't know who manufactured this nonsense about Amir Khan fighting Mayweather but that sh!t is not happening. Even if Khan were to cancel the Alexander fight he would not get a shot at Mayweather; Khan will lose to Alexander btw.

And who told HBO Bradley vs Marquez was PPV material? lol...I guess they are hoping Mexicans will buy because of Marquez. Bradley is not getting any buys.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Bob Arum is in the first stages of Alzheimers if he thinks that Chavez Jr/Vera is a PPV worthy fight.
He better take what HBO is offering and stop being greedy.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
1379546_512886318788992_1005865816_n.jpg

:deadmanny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
LMAO! I don't know who manufactured this nonsense about Amir Khan fighting Mayweather but that sh!t is not happening. Even if Khan were to cancel the Alexander fight he would not get a shot at Mayweather; Khan will lose to Alexander btw.

And who told HBO Bradley vs Marquez was PPV material? lol...I guess they are hoping Mexicans will buy because of Marquez. Bradley is not getting any buys.

lets put it this way breh....bradley is coming off the leading candidate for FOTY against ruslan provodnikov in which he showed something he never really truly showed in his previous 29 fights: vulnerability..he survived in a brutal slugfest and upped his profile/marketability while keeping his welterweight title...marquez is also coming off a FOTY and KO of the year for 2012 against pacquiao and wants to go for a title in a 5th division. Add to the fact of wondering which will determine the outcome of this bout: Bradley outworking or slugging it out with an aging JMM (regardless of the muscle gain) for the win or has Bradley's punch resistance been badly compromised to the point from that Ruslan fight where JMM can stop him. The backstory and potential outcomes is why i think its PPV quality and why I have no problems with it or paying for it. It's nice to be able to watch a boxing PPV without floyd or pac having to be in it to sell.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
lets put it this way breh....bradley is coming off the leading candidate for FOTY against ruslan provodnikov in which he showed something he never really truly showed in his previous 29 fights: vulnerability..he survived in a brutal slugfest and upper his profile/marketability while keeping his welterweight title...marquez is also coming off a FOTY and KO of the year for 2012 against pacquiao and wants to go for a title in a 5th division. Add to the fact of wondering which will determine the outcome of this bout: Bradley outworking or slugging it out with an aging JMM (regardless of the muscle gain) for the win or has Bradley's punch resistance been badly compromised to the point from that Ruslan fight where JMM can stop him. The backstory and potential outcomes is why i think its PPV quality and why I have no problems with it or paying for it. It's nice to be able to watch a boxing PPV without floyd or pac having to be in it to sell.
Lets not give a man props for taking a asswhipping of his life and getting saved by the bell vs a untested fighter he dragged up a whole division trying to get a easy W versus.:comeon:

The fight aint PPV worthy and I aint buying, this should have been on the Rios Manny card, if Top Rank and HBO had any balls, or even better gave a fukk about boxing fans like showtime has shown

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Lets not give a man props for taking a asswhipping of his life and getting saved by the bell vs a untested fighter he dragged up a whole division trying to get a easy W versus.:comeon:

The fight aint PPV worthy and I aint buying, this should have been on the Rios Manny card, if Top Rank and HBO had any balls, or even better gave a fukk about boxing fans like showtime has shown

breh you always say you never pay for PPVs lol...now if it was jmm vs alexander for his 147 title i would have said fukk that...keep in my mind im no fan of tim Bradley at all but that nikka did many things right and wrong in that ruslan fight...it was enough for me to part with 50 something bucks...I need to see Bradley's equilibrium thrown in the bushes :birdman: (as well as Cruz's by Salido :birdman:) and I want to see lomachenko too :manny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
If Dafna Yachin Kickstarter funding campaign is successful, we’ll find out. In 1987 Tyrell Biggs seemed on the verge of writing a new chapter in Philadelphia boxing history. “The second-coming of Muhammad Ali,” they called him. But then something happened and Tyrell Biggs began his steady decline into obscurity. “Whatever happened to Tyrell Biggs?” is the question co-director Dafna Yachin asks in her new feature documentary that explores Biggs’s life, from his teenage years in West Philly to the resurfacing of his fatal flaws many years later as he faced the hard realities of professional boxing.

From standout high school basketball star to first-ever Olympic super heavyweight Gold Medalist, Biggs was on top of the world. Then came his descent into addiction. His personal comeback to fast-rising professional with a 15-0 record seemed unstoppable until a devastating loss in his title fight with Tyson. Biggs’s sudden fall from grace, his loss of heart, and his struggle to survive in the territory between relevance and obscurity make for a gut-wrenching tale that will resonate with viewers from all walks of life, as Biggs confronts on a grander scale the struggle that lives in all of us.

Funds raised through this Kickstarter crowd funding campaign will help Yachin (who met Biggs at a local gym while working on a television series about boxing) and her team complete the film and share Tyrell’s story with the world. The film includes hard-hitting interviews with boxing greats and hopefuls such as Jesse “Hard Work” Hart and his renowned boxing father, Eugene “Cyclone” Hart. “This film is going to be a great display of excellence in a boxing community,” says Jesse. “My father only let me study the greats and Tyrell was one of them. Everyone should support the documentary and join Team Biggs.”

Whatever Happened to Tyrell Biggs? is currently in final production. Funds contributed through Kickstarter will help fund final shooting and the rough-cut edit. Whatever Happened to Tyrell Biggs? will be funded only if $35,000 is pledged by the end of the short run campaign.

Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/602060953/whatever-happened-totyrell-biggs?ref=live

Well...........the next coming of Ali :mjpls:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Fresh off his victory against Lucas Matthysse, Danny Garcia, the current WBA, WBC and Transnational junior welterweight champion, spoke to the press briefly and reveled his desire to get back into the ring plus commented on a possible fight against Floyd Mayweather Junior.

Speaking on how he defeated Lucas Matthysse and the rumors about a rematch:

Hard work, good training camp and good sparring partners. Even though I’m a younger fighter, I have more experience than him in a championship fight and fought good opposition before so I think that played a big part. Just the hard work and the confidence. I’m not really interested in a rematch. He wasn’t the champion.

On working with his father Angel Garcia:

We’ve always been elite. (We have) good chemistry and we know how to win.

Having always been considered an underdog or being overlooked, Garcia had the following to say:

Fights of that magnitude (Mat give that extra push, cause I always work hard. It’s in my soul and it brings out the best in me these kind of fights. It’s not about being the underdog or the guy that’s picked to win, fights of that magnitude just bring out the best in me.

Garcia is also open to a potential fight with Floyd Mayweather:

That means a lot. Floyd’s been a champion for 17 years, I’ve been a champion for 2 years. Just for people to put my name in the same category as him, being in a potential with him means a lot.

With the contenders at 140 drying up, Garcia claimed he could do one more fight before moving up:

I’ve definitely proved myself as champion at 140. I can fight the fights I want at 140 but there’s really not a lot of fights in that weight class for me. It’s going to be a tough decision, I fought hard for them (sic) belts. I’m getting to that point where maybe I will move up, maybe I won’t but if anything I’ll do one more fight at 140

Speaking about his exposure since being the main support to the Mayweather-Alvarez fight, Garcia claims that it’s changed his life:

Everywhere I go people know who I am. I can walk in the mall no more! My life changed overnight. I’m just blessed and am ready to do bigger and better things.

When asked by FightNews about a possible rematch with Khan:

He hasn’t been looking that spectacular in his last fight. He’s a good fighter, definitely the fastest fighter I’ve ever fought but as far as me fighting him to get to Mayweather, nah.

In closing, Garcia would return to the ring in a heartbeat if needed:

I didn’t really take no punishment (in the last fight), if they booked me for a fight tomorrow, I’d be ready.

@ChocolateGiddyUp @Newzz

One more at 140? With who? :patrice: