Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I agree that Floyd doesn't need to fight him. But Broner at some point is going to want to cash in on the chance to make 3 or 4 times more than he's ever made by fighting Floyd. Too much money for him not to call Floyd out in a few years.

If Floyd is 49-0, I think he's setting it up for 1 final Black Album type fight for 50-0. He will negotiate a mega 1 fight deal between HBO & Showtime.
Even though Floyd and Pac is way past being the fight of the decade while they were in their primes, I think Mayweather would be a genius to set that up as his 50th fight (assuming he was undefeated). Fans would still eat it up and he would bank money.

I kinda get the feeling that Mayweather's camp want Amir Khan to beat Devon Alexander...since a May-Khan fight would do a lot better money wise and would be easier work.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
isit too late to join #swiftset brehs?

angel is hilarious and has made some good points

im hoping danny wins against matthysse though as he isnt getting the respect he deserves and the nuthugging matthysse is getting in the media and online is too much

seeing matthysse get KO'd would make them fanboys disperse quicker than roaches.

#swiftset :salute:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Even though I'm picking Floyd to win, I feel that Canelo is going to surprise a lot of nikkas 2morrow night. If Canelo would have dominated Trout instead of just kinda neutralizing him instead, I'd give him a better chance of really putting in some work. As of now I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into one of those Floyd winning the fight and Canelo winning the event type of bouts. Either way it should be an epic night of boxing.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
1229911_10201314428076159_1713711016_n.jpg
that height difference........

i had picked broner to win this matchup but that height difference will be an issue for him. the taller an opponent gets the harder it is to shoulder roll his right hand because the angle of the right hand is coming down at you from above instead of on an even level. your shoulder can cover the jaw area, but it cant go all the way up and cover your temple, ear area, etc

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
that height difference........

i had picked broner to win this matchup but that height difference will be an issue for him. the taller an opponent gets the harder it is to shoulder roll his right hand because the angle of the right hand is coming down at you from above instead of on an even level. your shoulder can cover the jaw area, but it cant go all the way up and cover your temple, ear area, etc
Remember Antonio DeMarco?

Well, DeMarco's taller than Paulie Malignaggi :manny:

And a southpaw :ld:

This ain't about style, Broner can box circles around Maidana, this is about physicality

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
youre right but the height is a benefit to maidana that i didnt think he would have. it makes me reconsider how broner will handle pressure x height of maidana. coming in i thought all he would have to deal with was the pressure

i will say this if he beats maidana that will be impressive to me. it gives a good barometer of how well he can fight bigger opponents

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

:ohlawd:

Danny had Lucas shook :smugfavre: and speaking of Garcia vs Matthysse

@SuikodenII I'm Calling you out :birdman:

One week ban for the loser (you) and the loser (you) has to use an avi chosen by the winner (me)

#swiftset :lawd:

@synistr @ChocolateGiddyUp and you

I'll bet the three of you

Loser has to change their avi for a month, banned from posting in "The Ring" for a week

Deal, or no deal?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I put all my Coil cash on the line already on Swift so a nikka is broke til tomorrow night:shaq:

Ill do the avy bet but no week ban

As the bauce of #swiftset i gotta show my face if we take that L N I wanna be here for the Floyd/Canelo fukkery