Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/mares-exercises-rematch-clause-with-jhonny-gonzalez--69076
By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, and manager Frank Espinoza, have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) has exercised his immediate rematch clause against WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez (55-8, 47KOs). This past Saturday night in Carson, California - Gonzalez scored a major upset when he stopped Mares in ths first round. Mares got caught by Gonzalez's money punch - the left hook - and he never fully recovered.

Initially, Mares was going to take a rest until 2014, but now it appears the Mexican slugger is going to fight again in 2013 - against Gonzalez.

If Mares would have taken off until 2014, then Golden Boy, who hold controlling options on Gonzalez, were interested in matching him against Gary Russell Jr.

"Abner called me last night and asked me to get a hold of Golden Boy because he wants to exercise that rematch option. He wants to be the first guy to get a crack at Gonzalez before anyone else. He was in great shape for the fight on Saturday, he got caught in the first round and these things happen in boxing. Abner knows these things happen. Whether it's Roberto Duran or Lennox Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko - a lot of fighters have been caught early by a big punch - but then they came back even stronger. Abner is another fighter who I am confident will come back even stronger. He's a warrior and he's ready to get right back in there and get his title back," Espinoza told BoxingScene.com.

Schaefer has already informed Gonzalez and his handlers that Mares exercised the rematch clause.

tumblr_mmmzt4dBaa1qjk0hmo1_400.gif

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/chemito-moreno-vs-koki-kameda-ordered-by-wba--69075

By Hilmar Rojas

World Boxing Association super champion at bantamweight, Panamanian Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (34-2-1, 12KOs), and WBA "regular" champion Koki Kameda (31-1, 17KOs) of Japan, were summoned to negotiate a mandatory fight for the absolute championship of the division. The order was issued by the World Championships Committee, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza. Both parties have a period of 30 days to negotiate starting today, August 28, and ending on September 27. The formal communication for both teams specify all regulations, also makes clear in case they do not reach an agreement the fight will be open to Purse Bid.

ric-flair-woo.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
-Ruslan Chagaev returns on the undercard of Klitschko/Povetkin 10/5 against Jovo Pudar

-Dereck Chisora is facing undefeated Denis Boytsov on September 21st

-Beibut Shumenov (remember him?) is returning on the undercard of Pacquiao/Rios. How the WBA has allowed him to stay champion is anybody's guess...

chagaev has been of my radar since povetkin beat his ass for that sham wba heavyweight belt he holds..im interested to see what he has left

chisora-boytsov should be an interesting scrap; lets hope chisora can keep that conditioning up

shumenov :snoop:..how in the hell has he kept that belt without fighting for so long?..its funny because even in the era of super, interim, etc ect bullshyt..he's the only champion in that weight class for the wba..weird :ohhh:..even guillermo jones is a more active champion lol..he does not deserve aPPV payday though

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
15 years ago to this day

shyt, I actually remember watching this fight as a kid with my pops. Pops was a big Duran fan growing up and he used to tell me how great he was in his prime. I wish I was old enough to watch Duran fight in his prime, not the faded :flabbynsick: version I was introduced to.

Same with me regarding ali.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
15 years ago to this day

shyt, I actually remember watching this fight as a kid with my pops. Pops was a big Duran fan growing up and he used to tell me how great he was in his prime. I wish I was old enough to watch Duran fight in his prime, not the faded :flabbynsick: version I was introduced to.

yeah i got introduced to duran in the late 80s as a kid..that barkley fight was classic