Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I hear you, but at the same time I think Spence wins this. Fan of both these fighters.

Fundora isn't great against left handers and Spence will turn it into a high guard / punch / outwork you hustle.

Rnd 9 stoppage. Fundora gets waived off.

Sure.

Not many boxers are as prepared as Spence is at conditioning / punch output training as Spence is.

I don't think conditioning will be an issue, his brain, eye and early round ring rust might be though.

I'd expect him to guard up and get through that the first 3 or so rounds however.

I'm in the same boat as you. I also think Spence will win against Fudora

Spence being an elite body puncher along with Fundora having a thin frame and being tall as fukk will be susceptible to alot of openings. And Fundora does not have the punching power that someone moving up from 147 (Spence) has to fear. Spence can still be the same Spence attacking in the inside. And Spence easily is the better puncher on the inside

And timing/rhythm for Spence won't be an issue with a long layoff won't be a problem, because you can always find your timing with Fundora lol

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm in the same boat as you. I also think Spence will win against Fudora

Spence being an elite body puncher along with Fundora having a thin frame and being tall as fukk will be susceptible to alot of openings. And Fundora does not have the punching power that someone moving up from 147 (Spence) has to fear. Spence can still be the same Spence attacking in the inside. And Spence easily is the better puncher on the inside

And timing/rhythm for Spence won't be an issue with a long layoff won't be a problem, because you can always find your timing with Fundora lol

you can say Fundora is the Ideal tune up in that if Spence can't beat him he stands no fukking chance against Tim and Virgil.

I'd rather Spence attempt what Danny wanted to do and snag the 154, and then go to 160 vs stick around at 154 because push come to shove the best in 154 would come to 160 anyways.

Fundora is the ideal test for Errol to see if he has it or say yeah it's time to hand it up. If this fight is at the end of Jan I might go

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
you can say Fundora is the Ideal tune up in that if Spence can't beat him he stands no fukking chance against Tim and Virgil.

I'd rather Spence attempt what Danny wanted to do and snag the 154, and then go to 160 vs stick around at 154 because push come to shove the best in 154 would come to 160 anyways.

Fundora is the ideal test for Errol to see if he has it or say yeah it's time to hand it up. If this fight is at the end of Jan I might go

I agree. This is for sure a litmus test for Spence

But, IMO the door is shutting on 160 being a place to get easy titles. Danny Garcia found out the hard way that the punch a little different in 160, and seasoned vet Lara ain't giving up them belts without a fight lol. And you got Hamzah Sharaz waiting in the wings to dominate that division

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. This is for sure a litmus test for Spence

But, IMO the door is shutting on 160 being a place to get easy titles. Danny Garcia found out the hard way that the punch a little different in 160, and seasoned vet Lara ain't giving up them belts without a fight lol. And you got Hamzah Sharaz waiting in the wings to dominate that division

Danny got whooped by a Spence coming off a car accident so id just say he isnt at spences level at all.

Errol doesnt have that long left so imo he just wants to stat pad to get into the HOF. I Would say Hamzah is a different generation than Errol.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Danny got whooped by a Spence coming off a car accident so id just say he isnt at spences level at all.

Errol doesnt have that long left so imo he just wants to stat pad to get into the HOF. I Would say Hamzah is a different generation than Errol.

True, but Hamzah is 1-2 fights away from getting a title shot, so he can very soon gobble up all the titles at 160 is the point I'm trying to make. And personally I don't think Spence has a chance against Hamzah

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
True, but Hamzah is 1-2 fights away from getting a title shot, so he can very soon gobble up all the titles at 160 is the point I'm trying to make. And personally I don't think Spence has a chance against Hamzah

Spence maybe got like 3 fights left lol. He get them belts and vacate right away.

Depending how spence looks with Fundora PBC might rekindle Spence vs Canelo in Dallas.

Spence beats Fundora, Adamas/Lara he becomes a 3 division champ and pretty much have an Inhouse Canelo vs Spence fight where spence can chase a 4 division and worst case cash out and retire.

3/4 division champ makes up for not getting undisputed.

If Canelo vs BJS broke the usa Indoor record imagine Canelo vs Spence

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Spence maybe got like 3 fights left lol. He get them belts and vacate right away.

Depending how spence looks with Fundora PBC might rekindle Spence vs Canelo in Dallas.

Spence beats Fundora, Adamas/Lara he becomes a 3 division champ and pretty much have an Inhouse Canelo vs Spence fight where spence can chase a 4 division and worst case cash out and retire.

3/4 division champ makes up for not getting undisputed.

If Canelo vs BJS broke the usa Indoor record imagine Canelo vs Spence

Honestly don't think Spence is beating Adamas or Lara to be honest

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Honestly don't think Spence is beating Adamas or Lara to be honest

At this point PBC will likely see how far Spence can go due to the potential huge ROI at the end of the road.

If Spence can grab a 154 and 160 belt people forget his loss and you have a huge event with Canelo.

If Spence loses the belts are still with PBC, Spence retires, the end.

This is why you likely see Fundora vacating the WBO to fight Spence. This is a bigger play as Fundora has PBC behind him, and that fight in Dallas makes a big gate that Turki wouldnt be able to match with a crawford figjt (just look at the crawford vs israel purses).