Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I been out the loop on that Norman v Boots situation but judging off the reactions here I surmise that fight fell through after Eddie Hearn ran his mouth to the media and successfully convinced dumb nikkas (again) that the other guy was ducking... similar to how Bud was "ducking" Spence when he signed to fight Avenysean.. I guess actual negotiations and counter offers didn't matter in this situation.. Yet another fight involving African Americans that doesn't get made under Eddie watch
I get this angle too. Earlier in here I said Hearn is going to need to make Norman a offer he can't refuse.....well Eddie made an offer he could refuse :yeshrug:
Is Norman pump faking turning down three separate career pay day offers, yea, but Eddie needs to keep the momentum going for his guy and if the goal is to be undisputed at 147 then Norman is the easiest first step towards that. It's not fair but they should have known ahead of time they'd have to grossly overpay dude
Only good thing about this is now it's rumors Ennis might be forced to move up to 154

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I just went to wbc website and there was nothing there. https://wbcboxing.com/en/wbc/documentos/

You made that shyt up and you know it. There is no minimum. If it went to purse bid and the top bid was 10k, they’d split the 10k 75/25.

You have to be an idiot when the WBC has nothing to do with Norman vs Boots.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I get this angle too. Earlier in here I said Hearn is going to need to make Norman a offer he can't refuse.....well Eddie made an offer he could refuse :yeshrug:
Is Norman pump faking turning down three separate career pay day offers, yea, but Eddie needs to keep the momentum going for his guy and if the goal is to be undisputed at 147 then Norman is the easiest first step towards that. It's not fair but they should have known ahead of time they'd have to grossly overpay dude
Only good thing about this is now it's rumors Ennis might be forced to move up to 154

This is the thing. nikkas cant act like someone is doing you a favor when you are champion.

Look at the concessions Errol made for Bud because Bud had what he wanted. The nikkas didn a fukking coin flip for christ sakes and errol had more belts AND the bigger draw financially.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This is the thing. nikkas cant act like someone is doing you a favor when you are champion.

Look at the concessions Errol made for Bud because Bud had what he wanted. The nikkas didn a fukking coin flip for christ sakes and errol had more belts AND the bigger draw financially.
yea i heard Norman was asking for $2.2m and the back and forth negotiations topped out at 1.8m. Eddie giving up over 400k in the grand scheme of things is kind of wild. You'd think maybe Ennis would pull a Lomo and offer to give a portion of his purse up just to make the money work since this is a fight that could take him to another level

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
yea i heard Norman was asking for $2.2m and the back and forth negotiations topped out at 1.8m. Eddie giving up over 400k in the grand scheme of things is kind of wild. You'd think maybe Ennis would pull a Lomo and offer to give a portion of his purse up just to make the money work since this is a fight that could take him to another level
One thing is for sure he isn't get paid much for the setup lol

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Yeah. Like i said if Norman didnt have a belt and Boots wasnt saying he has to undispute 147 then im like yeah dudes have a point.

If anything if Boots is the good then this shouldnt be a big deal as Boots could become a superstar which will net you huge returns down the line is what is a funky ass 4-500k when Norman should be easy work.

I said before Eddie has never produced an American superstar and we see why.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Ofc people are defending this egregiously comical duck.

Eddie already was giving dude a 10x payday and he wasnt going to be the draw, and it was most likely going to be in Philly.

Under what logic does this look bad for boots n his team? Norman folks got they bluff called and ducked out of a 7 figure main card to fight on a undercard making considerably. Under no circumstances is this a good move :dead:

Give up a huge raise at your uber competitive job to maybe get the same or a slightly higher raise in 2-5 years if you vontinue to be fukking perfect :dead: how does this make sense to any one?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Norman Sr. On camera said yes to $1.7m in Vegas... Why did the fight still not happen?... Eddie Hearn job has always been to make it seem like the other opponent is ducking his fighter.. he's pulled from the same play book for yrs trying to create a false narrtive and half truths on social media...

Half truth example.. "Norman has turned down 2 offers for x amount" conveniently leaves out the counter offers that he himself turned down.. Why is it ok for one champion to turn down offers but not the other??

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We got 4 months left in the year so im wondering what that PBC schedule is going to result in.

Seems like at min
Tank
errol
tim
Benevidez

Will be the cards and then they fill things out?