Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Watched the Barkey vs Benn fight as a little kid when it aired on ABC back in the day & hated Benn. I remember he had a jheri curl before this fight :heh:

He should've been DQ'ed for his bullshyt (just like in the McClellan fight). I remember hating him from this point forward

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only thing about clottey that drove me crazy is sometimes he was too lax in the ring to let his hands go

he scrapped though against cotto...thats a classic fight

zab shouldn't have lost to him but zab was not focused at that point...it should have been a TKO win for clottey but zab was on some BS lol

clottey busted up pac with the few punches he threw and landed but just wouldn't let his hands go

Lol @ Zab. Really?

This is where our opinions don’t align. Zab definitely falls under the type of guys that Clottey beats.

On the flip side, these are the type of fights that Zab always loses.

Clottey only lost to elite WWs. Zab was a good fighter with elite talent, but he was far from an elite fighter.

Again, if you weren’t of a certain level, Prime Clottey is going to beat you and the fight won’t be that competitive.

It’s almost like a trend with fighters that have a similar style, like Wright and Quartey.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
heres the thing

jacobs blew weight on purpose
jacobs was knocked down in the fight
during the fight he did clearly have a case of the happy feets because of the power coming at him
at the end of the fight, jacobs sank to his knees when i think rozier was telling him to get his ass up and stand lol

it was close sure but that man was just happy to survive lol

I never knew he blew weight for that fight.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Watched the Barkey vs Benn fight as a little kid when it aired on ABC back in the day & hated Benn. I remember he had a jheri curl before this fight :heh:

He should've been DQ'ed for his bullshyt (just like in the McClellan fight). I remember hating him from this point forward

So you hated Nigel Benn as much as Nigel Benn hated Chris Eubank?

1:05

:dead:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
clottey busted up pac with the few punches he threw and landed but just wouldn't let his hands go

One of the most frustrating fights I've ever watched. Manny is by far my favorite fighter of all time, but even I was looking at the TV like "Is this nikka just gone stand in the middle of the ring, ball up and not throw punches? :dahell: "

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Naaaaaaaaah come on. What is that

I even gotta quote myself
the-batman-penguin.gif