Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
there was no reason for brook vs ggg or khan vs canelo...those fights happened because of the bullshyt with ggg-canelo...the losers got damaged for their troubles
Add that Khan didn't get a massive PPV ever so it was a cash out fight..kell Brook was like I can do that then..
Khan vs Brook was stalled and as you mentioned ggg v canelo.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
These sanctioning bodies have been shown to not care about mandatories plenty of times. Eddie is using this as an excuse because he can't get Boots a big fight....everybody knew this since the other 147 belts are with other promotions. he should go up in weight and fight Bud that everybody been asking for.
How is it an excuse though? The IBF is probably the strictest of the bodies about this (except for when it comes to Spence for some reason)
It's not even any big fights at 147 for Eddie to make and two of the champs are going hoard belts for PBC. I agree dude should just go to 154 at this point

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
there was no reason for brook vs ggg or khan vs canelo...those fights happened because of the bullshyt with ggg-canelo...the losers got damaged for their troubles
The difference was Brook was undefeated and champ at 147.. Khan was neither and had been stopped multiple times and really had nothing to lose

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
imagine if Khan had a god tier chin. Those fast ass 1-2s was a beauty to watch. He was boxing Garcia and Canelo head off before being getting caught
His ring IQ was low though, any sound fighter figured him out with timing.
Before Ariza and wildcard he was getting clipped and dropped by willie limond and no rank French Algerians then Prescott came & changed his life forever.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
imagine if Khan had a god tier chin. Those fast ass 1-2s was a beauty to watch. He was boxing Garcia and Canelo head off before being getting caught
Nah.. he stills gets decisioned.. fast hands and feet don't equal skills he was getting timed and countered that's what led to the stoppages

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

Im so tired of that narrative… mans ribs were pulverized before he dropped his hands and got his fukking jaw sent to bolivian. Khan had a hand speed advantage, won early rounds, and was put on airplane mode.

Khan with a good chin doesn’t suddenly become less predictable or have a better defense. The shot that Canelo landed wasn’t a wild or lucky hook.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Im so tired of that narrative… mans ribs were pulverized before he dropped his hands and got his fukking jaw sent to bolivian. Khan had a hand speed advantage, won early rounds, and was put on airplane mode.

Khan with a good chin doesn’t suddenly become less predictable or have a better defense. The shot that Canelo landed wasn’t a wild or lucky hook.
Scoring points is scoring points though. Khan had hand speed and put his punches together. Nobody saying a chin would have made him Floyd level out there. I wouldn't have even framed it as "a chin" if that's what I was getting at. A prime Khan who could survive 12 rounds given his propensity to getting rocked whether it's due to defensive limitations or opponent skill is an intriguing fighter :yeshrug: