Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
i feel like all these combat sports (and even niche ones like battle rap) always pick the same weekends to have events andit's the dumbest shyt ever, now you're all splitting viewership instead of having your own weekend, and the average viewer isn't going to rewatch a live event without having the experience of other people reacting to it in real time as well

it's like they all just googled "most popular weekends for tv" and pick the same days every time :why:

shyt is frustrating when I see that bruh :russ:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I get that the Super Bowl experience is already expensive and the focus wouldn’t be on boxing/the boxer, but I always felt that some fighters should fight during the bye week of the Super Bowl in whatever city it is.

Would feel like a way to get some recognition and possibly some known names to attend the fight

No one is flying out a week before the Super Bowl to that same city and staying a whole extra week.

Also F1 basically downed out that Shakur fight, imagine what the Super Bowl would do?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I get that the Super Bowl experience is already expensive and the focus wouldn’t be on boxing/the boxer, but I always felt that some fighters should fight during the bye week of the Super Bowl in whatever city it is.

Would feel like a way to get some recognition and possibly some known names to attend the fight

It all depends on who fighting and who promotes it.

I've already seen the outcome of this when Matchroom tried it down here with their bullshyt ass make shift arena for a random Andrade bout and Jake Paul's first fight and the results were a mixed bag. Tevin Farmer realizing he fukked up by not taking the Tank fight was the highlight of the night. :mjlol:

Not really worth trying unless the Superbowl is already in a popping city that people normally go to.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It all depends on who fighting and who promotes it.

I've already seen the outcome of this when Matchroom tried it down here with their bullshyt ass make shift arena for a random Andrade bout and Jake Paul's first fight and the results were a mixed bag. Tevin Farmer realizing he fukked up by not taking the Tank fight was the highlight of the night. :mjlol:

Not really worth trying unless the Superbowl is already in a popping city that people normally go to.
Gervonte was gonna correct that lazy eye with them hooks :francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Gervonte was gonna correct that lazy eye with them hooks :francis:
still one of the most headshaking bag fumbles that ive seen

tevin farmer clears his original matchroom contract, his interactions with tank goes a little viral and has buzz, and more importantly he kept his belt....could have set up a unification with tank...instead goes and gets beat by jojo diaz who left him ticking uncontrollably and hasnt regained form since

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
still one of the most headshaking bag fumbles that ive seen

tevin farmer clears his original matchroom contract, his interactions with tank goes a little viral and has buzz, and more importantly he kept his belt....could have set up a unification with tank...instead goes and gets beat by jojo diaz who left him ticking uncontrollably and hasnt regained form since
Thats the shyt. He should have taken the deal. At that point guy waa doing 5 fights a year. Then in the diaz fight ends up taking many shots to the back of the head and loses out on that payday