Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't know about currently but when he was a little younger, he gambled a lot. And he had a bunch of kids outside of his marriage
Nah I mean he was a whole ass senator back home, had multiple businesses, etc. had the whole country on his back, all off of boxing.

at that level you shouldn't even be paying for anything, it's like winning a NBA championship for the Knicks.

And the Philippines is absurdly cheap, people living like God's out there working remote 9-5 American jobs

Either that gambling debt is from somewhere else entirely or he just mentally can't retire until his body gives up

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Nah I mean he was a whole ass senator back home, had multiple businesses, etc. had the whole country on his back, all off of boxing.

at that level you shouldn't even be paying for anything, it's like winning a NBA championship for the Knicks.

And the Philippines is absurdly cheap, people living like God's out there working remote 9-5 American jobs

Either that gambling debt is from somewhere else entirely or he just mentally can't retire until his body gives up
He had a serious gambling problem & had some big debts is what was being said. It's why the fight with Mayweather happened (huge pay day) & he eventually left Top Rank because he felt Arum was taking too big of a cut

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
How sway? Isn't he like a god back home? Not expensive over there at all either

I heard that when it comes to Politics in the Philippines, it's normal to put up your own money to help the government or for your campaigns. Looks like alot of money he had was spent while in office

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
How sway? Isn't he like a god back home? Not expensive over there at all either
Manny gambles a lot, lives lavish and has had a giant entourage ever since he started making big money.

There's been talk of money issues for years and wouldn't be shocked if it's a reason why he went into politics in the first place.

Remember the Philippines tried to smack him for like $75M in tax evasion on his U.S. earnings years ago too.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:sadcam: Manny gambles a lot, lives lavish and has had a giant entourage ever since he started making big money.

There's been talk of money issues for years and wouldn't be shocked if it's a reason why he went into politics in the first place.

Remember the Philippines tried to smack him for like $75M in tax evasion on his U.S. earnings years ago too.
All them kids he had outta wedlock was gon be costly but that tax evasion bill is hefty

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Rashidi Ellis Among Five Fighters Suspended For Team Combat League Brawl​

By Matthew Brown
Rashidi Ellis Among Five Fighters Suspended For Team Combat League Brawl

Welterweight contender “Speedy” Rashidi Ellis (24-1, 15 KOs) was among the five boxers suspended by the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission (MSAC) for his role in the brawl that erupted at the July 17 Team Combat League (TCL) event at the Royale Nightclub in Boston, Massachusetts. The TCL event was a matchup between Ellis’s Boston Butchers team and the Atlanta Attack.

The brawl started after Samuel Arnold punched Miguel Teo in the face after the bell in response to what appeared to be mouth-to-cheek contact from Teo to Arnold. Teo followed Arnold across the ring, attempting to punch Arnold back. Arnold responded with a double leg takedown, and the brawl spilled to the center of the ring. Members of both teams entered the ring, and a melee ensued.

Order was eventually restored, and the competition finished without further incident. Following a review of the footage, the MSAC decided to suspend five fighters involved in the scuffle, including Ellis. The other fighters suspended were Amin Mitchell, Samuel Arnold, Miguel Teo, and Mona Ward. Ellis’s suspension is set to expire on October 23, and he will not be permitted to fight until then.

Ellis, who’s been looking to make his return to traditional boxing, is expected to be back in the ring before the end of the year. Ellis last fought in January 2023, a fight that ended in a close majority decision loss to Roiman Villa. He’s mulling multi-fight deals from ProBox TV and Overtime Boxing (OTX). In an exclusive interview with Brunch Boxing last month, Ellis also expressed his desire to challenge Jaron “Boots” Ennis for the IBF welterweight title that Ennis holds.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I get that the Super Bowl experience is already expensive and the focus wouldn’t be on boxing/the boxer, but I always felt that some fighters should fight during the bye week of the Super Bowl in whatever city it is.

Would feel like a way to get some recognition and possibly some known names to attend the fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I get that the Super Bowl experience is already expensive and the focus wouldn’t be on boxing/the boxer, but I always felt that some fighters should fight during the bye week of the Super Bowl in whatever city it is.

Would feel like a way to get some recognition and possibly some known names to attend the fight
i mean its the rare sports day/weekend where even boxing is an afterthought for ME lol...esp if the eagles make another appearance in the SB

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

i feel like all these combat sports (and even niche ones like battle rap) always pick the same weekends to have events andit's the dumbest shyt ever, now you're all splitting viewership instead of having your own weekend, and the average viewer isn't going to rewatch a live event without having the experience of other people reacting to it in real time as well

it's like they all just googled "most popular weekends for tv" and pick the same days every time :why: