Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Wrong
Sebastian Fundora has confirmed on social media that his fight with Errol Spence is still happening.

Source:
Fundora Confirms Fight With Spence Still On, Date Change - Latest Boxing News (Fundora Confirms Fight With Spence Still On, Date Change - Latest Boxing News)
There have been rumors that the 34-year-old Spence (28-1, 22 KOs) has retired due to the punishment he took in his ninth-round knockout loss to Terence Crawford last year in July. When asked on Instagram today if Spence is withdrawing, ‘The Towering Inferno’ Fundora said, “Nah, they just changing the date.”

Source:
Fundora Confirms Fight With Spence Still On, Date Change - Latest Boxing News (Fundora Confirms Fight With Spence Still On, Date Change - Latest Boxing News)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
american boxing team has gone 20 years without an american men's gold medalist..the fukk is a jake paul going to tell nikkas in camp? tell them to call out olympic taekwondo fighters and judokas and tell them to put on the gloves?
I laugh.... But this may end up.... fukking hell what a trash state of affairs:francis:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
He's right. Shakur is NOT a big fight.

It's a high risk, low reward fight with absolutely ZERO upside for Tank.

There was no world in which Al was ever going to put Tank in the ring with Shakur at this point and to be honest, the way Shakur's career is going, there may NEVER be a time where it's worth it for Tank to take that fight.

The paying mainstream public is not paying much to see black fighters fight black fighters and when one has completely stank up the joint for 2 fights in a row, Tank would be putting everything on the line for what?

It sucks if you want to see the best fight the best but this is a business and Shakur is bad for it.

Let's see who Shakur signs with, see if he can build interest in his career to the point where Tank and PBC are forced to make this fight happen because right now they're likely to just let him rot on the sidelines.

Even getting beyond the business side of the fight, I don't think it's a good fight anyways. If Shakur didn't want to get hit by Edwin De Los Santos, he's definitely going to completely stink up the joint and take the air out of the arena against Tank and with Tank's low output, we're going to feel like we all wasted our money.

I hear you but I can’t get jiggy with that if Tank fights someone else. There’s NOBODY else that Tank could fight next that would move the needle more than fighting Shakur. He (Tank) not going to 140, and a fight with Zepada or Berinchyk not gonna drum up public interest more than a fight with Shakur. To me it’s the perfect time to fight em.

Tank vs Shakur winner gets to fight Berinchyk and take that belt from him and then put Loma out to pasture and be undisputed at 135 late next year.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I hear you but I can’t get jiggy with that if Tank fights someone else. There’s NOBODY else that Tank could fight next that would move the needle more than fighting Shakur. He (Tank) not going to 140, and a fight with Zepada or Berinchyk not gonna drum up public interest more than a fight with Shakur. To me it’s the perfect time to fight em.

Tank vs Shakur winner gets to fight Berinchyk and take that belt from him and then put Loma out to pasture and be undisputed at 135 late next year.

Tank vs Zepeda is big just because of Race.

From a story teing standpoint if they don't fight in fall then Shakur needs a unification just to fuel the story line of taking over divisjons and now he wants the so called king next.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I dont want to hear this “not a big fight” shyt. Tank is top 3 biggest name in boxing right, any fight hes in is a big fight. They both free, shakur obvs wants it why is Tank dodging? He said he aint got no defense, he gon knock him out etc well. Perfect time to do it

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
no lie, this shyt is so flagrant, I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo caught an L outside of the ring too.

This type of ducking is unheard of for an elite face of boxing level dude. Like just retire already and stop playing in all our faces.
This is what happens when nikkas was crowning folks as the face of boxing

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
He's right. Shakur is NOT a big fight.

It's a high risk, low reward fight with absolutely ZERO upside for Tank.

There was no world in which Al was ever going to put Tank in the ring with Shakur at this point and to be honest, the way Shakur's career is going, there may NEVER be a time where it's worth it for Tank to take that fight.

The paying mainstream public is not paying much to see black fighters fight black fighters and when one has completely stank up the joint for 2 fights in a row, Tank would be putting everything on the line for what?

It sucks if you want to see the best fight the best but this is a business and Shakur is bad for it.

Let's see who Shakur signs with, see if he can build interest in his career to the point where Tank and PBC are forced to make this fight happen because right now they're likely to just let him rot on the sidelines.

Even getting beyond the business side of the fight, I don't think it's a good fight anyways. If Shakur didn't want to get hit by Edwin De Los Santos, he's definitely going to completely stink up the joint and take the air out of the arena against Tank and with Tank's low output, we're going to feel like we all wasted our money.
No disrespect OG but that first sentence is just wrong

The whole boxing scene, even casuals wanna see this fight

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
No disrespect OG but that first sentence is just wrong

The whole boxing scene, even casuals wanna see this fight

Facts, like is said in another thread. The discourse of Boxing gossip is more important that actually proving it in the ring. Anthony Joshua and Wilder should have had a trilogy by now. But who cares right? As long as we get 5-6 years of social media content of this fighter scared of this fighter, PBC vs Matchroom, blah blah blah
Social media content creators ate for 5 years on Spence vs Crawford. Should of had a trilogy, but I guess fantasy trashtalking online is so much better

Tank is supposedly at the top of all the 135/140 lb fighters by only fighting Ryan fukking Garcia smh lol

This is the era of fantasy matchups, instead of..... actually matching up lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Also how is it zero upside. He beats the dude that literally no one has been able to really hit convincingly he may fukk around and be top 3 p4p after and HOF trajectory. There is no one else to hide behind for him to fight. Zepeda doesnt even have a belt.

Weight class is ho ish. Zepeds this supposed monster and his handler realizes hed get washed. Tank is big enough to call his own shots so if this fight doesnt get made its because he doesnt want it

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I dont want to hear this “not a big fight” shyt. Tank is top 3 biggest name in boxing right, any fight hes in is a big fight. They both free, shakur obvs wants it why is Tank dodging? He said he aint got no defense, he gon knock him out etc well. Perfect time to do it
Right like Frank Martin was a big fight :dead:
Understood that Shakur will demand more money than Martin but I hope he just peeps the landscape out there and just accept 70/30 or whatever PBC offers him
Even if everything Tank says about Shakur is true, they could market this fight right and still make Tank a bigger star. He can basically erase any questions people have about his resume with a convincing win over Shakur

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Right like Frank Martin was a big fight :dead:
Understood that Shakur will demand more money than Martin but I hope he just peeps the landscape out there and just accept 70/30 or whatever PBC offers him
Even if everything Tank says about Shakur is true, they could market this fight right and still make Tank a bigger star. He can basically erase any questions people have about his resume with a convincing win over Shakur

Man if u shakur and you believe in urself take that trash deal and take the crown.

U know tank side gon do evety thing in they power to make this fight as hard as possible to make too :mjlol:

They have shown me nothing to have me not think that his coach already bullshytting