Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Im biased because im #prettyboys but i see loma causing ALOT of trouble. He hasnt aged as much as people think he has. Im not mad if tank is the favorite though
I think Loma would be more of a problem for Shakur than Tank. Reason is if you're a busy fighter, you play into Tank's strength's because he won't have to track you down; he'll try to counter you & get you outta there. Whereas with Shakur, his offense will suffer because he'd be trying to play defense & doesn't transition consistently well from offense to defense just like Broner

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think Loma would be more of a problem for Shakur than Tank. Reason is if you're a busy fighter, you play into Tank's strength's because he won't have to track you down; he'll try to counter you & get you outta there. Whereas with Shakur, his offense will suffer because he'd be trying to play defense & doesn't transition consistently well from offense to defense just like Broner

great point. This will [likely] be another 4-5 rounds of Loma being active as hell, but then again Loma is notorious for that "downloading" shyt especially against someone with pop (see Teo fight). So I`m wondering if things heat up round 4-8, and then 9 and after someone pulls away/it's lights out

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This why im hoping shakur opens up more and is tested. Against loma he cant afford to stay in that lean back mode he sometimes does.

The axe murderer

Daps
great point. This will [likely] be another 4-5 rounds of Loma being active as hell, but then again Loma is notorious for that "downloading" shyt especially against someone with pop (see Teo fight). So I`m wondering if things heat up round 4-8, and then 9 and after someone pulls away/it's lights out
Im wondering how tank stamina holds up. One thing he does well is make people miss and his power will deter the activity. So in later rounds i wanna see how it goes with pace loma usually sets

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Im wondering how tank stamina holds up. One thing he does well is make people miss and his power will deter the activity. So in later rounds i wanna see how it goes with pace loma usually sets

Yeah this gonna be interesting as shyt. I'm hoping it aligns with my schedule or worst case I was just watch it on prime if I'm traveling

The axe murderer

Daps
Yeah this gonna be interesting as shyt. I'm hoping it aligns with my schedule or worst case I was just watch it on prime if I'm traveling
Im curious because imo tank has even more power than teo. Teo got nasty power but tanks KO of barrios had me:jbhmm:that he can carry it up like that.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Im curious because imo tank has even more power than teo. Teo got nasty power but tanks KO of barrios had me:jbhmm:that he can carry it up like that.
Loma definitely won't be as active as we normally would see. He might've learned from the Teo fight but against another southpaw that can REALLY crack with elite countering skills, he'll be very cautious early on

The axe murderer

Daps
Loma definitely won't be as active as we normally would see. He might've learned from the Teo fight but against another southpaw that can REALLY crack with elite countering skills, he'll be very cautious early on
Yeah in amateur hed have faced many styles. One south paw counter puncher with fast hands he faced and beat was vodopianyov who was world champ and beat gamboa. Style different to tank tho and aint got that tank power.
Edit: found vid

So long ago damn. He was hella athletic (still is)

The axe murderer

Daps
Funnt enough watching both @Apollo @Knicksman20 i always thought to myself loma strangely closer to tyson style than davis despite not being the puncher. The head movement the footwork entry and work on inside to break down. He has a weird style. But then so did tyson

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Funnt enough watching both @Apollo @Knicksman20 i always thought to myself loma strangely closer to tyson style than davis despite not being the puncher. The head movement the footwork entry and work on inside to break down. He has a weird style. But then so did tyson

Lomas angles are crazy as shyt too lol that was the stuff that impressed me about him and had me hype for when he was fighting Teo and he stunk it up being too cautious but even then when he picked it up he was beating Teos ass it was just too late.

Folks talking down Loma cause they wanna see Shakur vs Tank even though I'd argue Loma has been giving the more entertaining performances.

The axe murderer

Daps
Lomas angles are crazy as shyt too lol that was the stuff that impressed me about him and had me hype for when he was fighting Teo and he stunk it up being too cautious but even then when he picked it up he was beating Teos ass it was just too late.

Folks talking down Loma cause they wanna see Shakur vs Tank even though I'd argue Loma has been giving the more entertaining performances.
Yeah im not seeing how anyone watches that haney performance and not think he doesnt give anyone in that division legit problems. Even if you dont rate Haney very highly that was a good performance from loma

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah im not seeing how anyone watches that haney performance and not think he doesnt give anyone in that division legit problems. Even if you dont rate Haney very highly that was a good performance from loma

Exactly folks talking age butnin same breath bigging up Bud and Usyk when Loma has still been putting on good performances and his loss was controversial

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

With Matchroom and Golden Boy openly courting him, I think he'll be okay. And the promoters will do the promoting for him so he wouldn't have to worrying about that part of it regardless which one he signs to.