Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
TR is somewhere you go as a prospect get a name then leave. And yeah Teo's career is pretty pathetic from society perspective as Pitbull has done less than him and is a bigger name lol.

I guess I`m saying Shakur being with PBC and sure using Floyd as a Marketing angle for the Tank fight is fine, but literally being TMT nah.

Yeah, Pitbull build a name for himself. From the bottom up. Thats why dudes needs to start taking risks when they meet high level opponents...if the people see you got heart they gonna rock with you even if you lose.

Shakur could rematch Edwin on PBC, fight frank, pitbull, tank, rayo....if he goes to MR he better shut his ass up about Tank fight. Inhouse fights are easiest to make thats why people look at Canelo as being a hoe right now. Went to PBC to not even fight their best at 168 :scust:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, Pitbull build a name for himself. From the bottom up. Thats why dudes needs to start taking risks when they meet high level opponents...if the people see you got heart they gonna rock with you even if you lose.

Shakur could rematch Edwin on PBC, fight frank, pitbull, tank, rayo....if he goes to MR he better shut his ass up about Tank fight. Inhouse fights are easiest to make thats why people look at Canelo as being a hoe right now. Went to PBC to not even fight their best at 168 :scust:

TR has no stars. Hate PBC all you want but lotta dudes built their names fighting on the undercards of your Canelos, Floyd, etc. Matchroom didn't have the Domestic talent to do the same when they had Canelo. It's why the 4 Kings shyt was really smoke and mirrors because talent is subjective especially when your promotion can feed you wins, only dude who had a cultural movement on their own was Tank. Maybe it's me and I`m just an a$$hole but I'll be damn if you see me spending my whole career crying for a nikka to fight, im fighting someone else and my whole fight promo is about another dude who got nothing to do with the fight (i.e. Devin vs Ryan whole promo was about Tank outside of Ryan going crazy).

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
TR has no stars. Hate PBC all you want but lotta dudes built their names fighting on the undercards of your Canelos, Floyd, etc. Matchroom didn't have the Domestic talent to do the same when they had Canelo. It's why the 4 Kings shyt was really smoke and mirrors because talent is subjective especially when your promotion can feed you wins, only dude who had a cultural movement on their own was Tank. Maybe it's me and I`m just an a$$hole but I'll be damn if you see me spending my whole career crying for a nikka to fight, im fighting someone else and my whole fight promo is about another dude who got nothing to do with the fight (i.e. Devin vs Ryan whole promo was about Tank outside of Ryan going crazy).

All the 135 belts were with top rank at one point...instead of Tank crying about it and talking about him being "blackballed"....he cleaned up the fights available to him and became star and made his own lane.

One of the ways to get that big fight is put on a clinic every fight....the problem with Shakur, Devin and Teo is that after they put on a show once then they put on a stinker....its never consistent with what you gonna get from them.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
All the 135 belts were with top rank at one point...instead of Tank crying about it and talking about him being "blackballed"....he cleaned up the fights available to him and became star and made his own lane.

One of the ways to get that big fight is put on a clinic every fight....the problem with Shakur, Devin and Teo is that after they put on a show once then they put on a stinker....its never consistent with what you gonna get from them.

it's because Shakur, Devin, and Teo aren't plugged into the culture. Shakur is a J Prince Lackey, Devin comes off like a Coli poster with a Gym Membership (spends their time watching what's going on but never in the mix), and Teo a whole weirdo with an irrelevant Latino background he can't tap into.

Devin vs Teo imo was the fight to make after Devin beat Regis, they should have let Ryan get Rollys Belt imo. And then you probably could have had Ryan vs Matias, the way Matias gets hit Ryan may KO him.

I agreed when Floyd told Ryan to go after Rolly because Devin isn't a big fight, so if you do go for Devin it has to be some champion vs champion prestige to maximize it while Rolly vs Ryan woulda been pure fukkery overload

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Only two fighters were able to make that lane you're talking about. Davis and Garcia.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Two of the modern 4 kings. They made their own path....devin did too in some ways but he ain't have the KO power like them.

Exactly... It takes more than just doing it. There are so many variables that come into play when trying to do what those two were able to do. The argument can be made that Canelo is still the man in boxing but he still has to color inside the lines. What Garcia and Davis are able to do with their star power is unheard of throughout the entirety of boxing history. Even Floyd couldn't do what these two have been able to do.

I really wish people would stop using Davis and Garcia as examples of how to "manage" careers. That shyt is not going to stick with any other fighter.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY