Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY

I don't care what nobody say, if Roy never came back down after winning at heavy. His run would have lasted even longer. He was still fast and took hard shots from Ruiz and held up.

That pride vs tarver going down and taking the fight was too much. Even when he escaped the first tarver fight I didn't want him to give that rematch, but that fighting pride is too much. Love Roy he was gifted athletically but he has always had an excellent boxing brain. just by listening to him as an analyst he's so in tuned into the nuances. A lot of those crazy shots and KOs wasn't just due to athleticism. He set his stuff up you not beating Hopkins or toney off pure athleticism.

Happy birthday to my fellow Capricorn legend.

Edit: that griffin rematch knockout is still one of the funniest fights ever. Roy came out spamming angry swing left hooks heavy. That last KD where griffins trying to get up will always be funny to me. His brain trying to process it but body won't let him was wild.

And I think George foreman commentary was icing on the cake. He saying something his neck bent back or for him to live to fight another day is hilarious toward griffin.

Last edited:

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I don't care what nobody say, if Roy never came back down after winning at heavy. His run would have lasted even longer. He was still fast and took hard shots from Ruiz and held up.

That pride vs tarver going down and taking the fight was too much. Even when he escaped the first tarver fight I didn't want him to give that rematch, but that fighting pride is too much. Love Roy he was gifted athletically but he has always had an excellent boxing brain. just by listening to him as an analyst he's so in tuned into the nuances. A lot of those crazy shots and KOs wasn't just due to athleticism. He set his stuff up you not beating Hopkins or toney off pure athleticism.

Happy birthday to my fellow Capricorn legend.

Edit: that griffin rematch knockout is still one of the funniest fights ever. Roy came out spamming angry swing left hooks heavy. That last KD where griffins trying to get up will always be funny to me. His brain trying to process it but body won't let him was wild.

And I think George foreman commentary was icing on the cake. He saying something his neck bent back or for him to live to fight another day is hilarious toward griffin.
shyt Roy could've stayed at heavyweight and been fine. He had money fights and winnable fights there he could've made

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
There are questions in boxing like "do these Youtube fights bring more viewers to the sport" that could be easily answerable by some research. Why we don't have data like that?

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terrible style matchup for Valdez, he gonna have to be the aggressor here can’t play the counter puncher like he did recently. Stevenson will handle his pressure all night

Stevenson is a terrible matchup for anyone to be honest, he is destined for number one P4P type of status unless he falls off hard.