Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Crawford definitely has a case against TR an I salute him for doing so. I believe in the end they'll force Bob to settle. There's too many examples that Bud can use against them. Plus the logistics would look bad and get even worse if this shyt drags out.

If successful, Bud could potentially change the landscape for boxing forever in regards to promoting black fighters. I'm all for that.

I don't think so bro. None of the examples his lawyer gave to the NY Post would hold up in court. He has to prove everything beyond a reasonable doubt remember.

Plus his lawsuit conveniently leaves out that Mean Machine was a mandatory fight he had to take, the fact that a pandemic occurred in 2020 plus the fact that Bud refused to fight during the pandemic and is on record saying that. Not to mention it literally makes no sense that he could expect his promoter to deliver a fight against a fighter he doesnt promote. Imo this is a Supreme waste of Buds time and $$$n which he doesn't have much of apparently.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
He has to prove everything beyond a reasonable doubt remember.

no he don't , it's a civil suit not criminal
in one of those articles they mentioned he want this to go to a jury trial, guarantee that jury going be half black and they will go hard in court on the racism part
this lawsuit ain't going take any time from Bud, it might get settled before court if the PR is bad enough and it ain't going cost him that much money either since it's not unusual for lawyer fees to be covered as part of a settlement or win
basically this shyt ain't no sweat off Bud back really, it's more like a middle finger to Arum for them "costing him money" comments, Arum bought this on himself fukk em

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Move Over Spence Jr, Crawford’s Next Fight Is Against Bob Arum and Top Rank - NY FIGHTS

Junior welterweight prospect Elvis Rodriguez’s manager, Benjamin Lieblein, told NYF in an article a few months back that there were “color and cultural lines in boxing, and you have to fit into one of those lines.” Now, news broke out about the lawsuit, and Lieblein wanted to provide a quote to NYF to follow up on the comments he made just a few months back.

“So, am I crazy? I told you. Everyone was saying, ‘he’s angry.’ Nah, I just call it like it is. My question to you is, did they release Josue Vargas? He was knocked out in like 90 seconds, and he didn’t get released, but they released us? It’s the worst kept secret in boxing. It’s not everyone. Some guys over there (Top Rank) are just socially awkward. They say things that wouldn’t be acceptable and is offensive, but they don’t understand that it is. There are people who say atrocities, and I ask myself, did that come out of their mouth? Our situation just left a bad taste in my mouth. You can do everything right, but because you are the wrong color or culture, you go to nothing,” said Benjamin.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Props to Yoka. Finally someone who isn’t scared of the Hrgovic smoke, it was looking real bad to these HWs (Hunter, Ortiz, Parker) that they turned down an eliminator when they don’t have any clearer path to a title shot

yeah ive defended hunter in the past because i thought he was being froze out when he really he was just moving wrong on his own accord :snoop:...ortiz im sure is more aware his time is almost up but what he is waiting for..who knows? no one on the PBC side controls a heavyweight title or offers a clear shot to one...it must be money reasons solely..parker..i have no idea why he keeps fighting fluff :hhh:..one day he might get upset for fukking around too much

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
no he don't , it's a civil suit not criminal
in one of those articles they mentioned he want this to go to a jury trial, guarantee that jury going be half black and they will go hard in court on the racism part
this lawsuit ain't going take any time from Bud, it might get settled before court if the PR is bad enough and it ain't going cost him that much money either since it's not unusual for lawyer fees to be covered as part of a settlement or win
basically this shyt ain't no sweat off Bud back really, it's more like a middle finger to Arum for them "costing him money" comments, Arum bought this on himself fukk em

You sure bro?

In civil litigation and criminal prosecutions, the burden of proof lies with the party asserting an allegation of fact. It's a fundamental principle. Those that seek the assistance of the law must prove their claim - first, before the defendant. And Bud made ALOT of unproven accusations.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
That's quite literally incorrect.

In civil litigation and criminal prosecutions, the burden of proof lies with the party asserting an allegation of fact. It's a fundamental principle. Those that seek the assistance of the law must prove their claim - first, before the defendant. And Bud made ALOT of unproven accusations.

why you edit out the part about the level of proof needed for a civil case :mjlol:
i'm not saying he don't have to prove anything, but he don't have to prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt". The obvious example of that is the OJ criminal trial vs the OJ civil suit. The burden of proof is lower for civil trial
And again we don't know what ammo Bud even has in regards to private information. Let's just claim down and let shyt play out, only way this could turn to a L is if Arum flips it and tried to sue for defamation and wins but I honestly doubt they do that on a sensitive topic like this. Dude damn near 90 yr old, will probably just settle for a couple mil and keep it moving before he dies in court

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
why you edit out the part about the level of proof needed for a civil case :mjlol:
i'm not saying he don't have to prove anything, but he don't have to prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt". The obvious example of that is the OJ criminal trial vs the OJ civil suit. The burden of proof is lower for civil trial
And again we don't know what ammo Bud even has in regards to private information. Let's just claim down and let shyt play out, only way this could turn to a L is if Arum flips it and tried to sue for defamation and wins but I honestly doubt they do that on a sensitive topic like this. Dude damn near 90 yr old, will probably just settle for a couple mil and keep it moving before he dies in court

I understand what you're saying now. The problem I see now is that up to this point more black ppl have come out to defend Bob than blacks who've come out support Bud.

Also, after reading the transcript for the case, all the racial stuff Buds lawyer mentioned is solely in the introduction, NOT in the charges. It seems all the salacious accusations were just to grab headlines and attention. The actual charges tho are weak. All in all this doesn't look good to me for Bud.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
somebody really needs to get paulie the fukk up outta here with his struggle hair piece

Steve and Mario got MORE than they bargained for in that interview lol. They both just stayed quiet while Paulie went into his bag and were secretly praying they don't get canceled for giving Paulie a platform to spew this nonsense lol

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Steve and Mario got MORE than they bargained for in that interview lol. They both just stayed quiet while Paulie went into his bag and were secretly praying they don't get canceled for giving Paulie a platform to spew this nonsense lol
Steve Kim is just as ignorant and racist as Paulie is, you should know that when you be sucking his kneecaps on twitter