Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
i wanna see this kazaq style fight but has andrade not made his decision yet on his next moves?

According to Mannix, they're negotiating before the purse bid so it looks like Andrade is staying at 160 for the time being. Andrade needs to take the fight. If Top Rank wins the purse bid, he gets a fight on an ESPN platform. From a business standpoint, it's a huge risk but he's got more eyes on him post press conference interruption than ever.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Saying Larry Holmes would rule the current HW division isn't really an indictment, Larry is an ATG and would beat most HW in history on their best night

I'm not saying he wins but Fury gives problems to just about any HW imo. He's huge and very awkward to fight. Look at the way he beat Wlad, he kept him guessing the entire fight with his awkward rhythm. Wlad was never able to figure out how to get a sustained attack off. I don't care how "washed" Wlad supposedly was, skill is skill and that was the most puzzled Wlad ever looked in a fight

Wilder's power makes him dangerous but he doesn't have enough in his game to trouble some of the better HW in history I think. He does have a lot of heart though and can take a beating and carries his power late so again still dangerous.

Joshua's chin sucks and his endurance isn't exactly great. Of anyone I have the least confidence in competing with some of the better HW in history it's him

Usyk I need to see against Fury. The fight with Joshua was very impressive but the fight with Chisora kinda wasn't you know? Need to see how he does against someone with such a size advantage

morris

Superstar
Daps
i mean yeah its not a secret that today's heavies are flawed..as i said before..it should make you appreciate the klitschkos even more...esp Wlad even though most couldn't stand that era
Truth be told HW always been the trash division. Other than the 70s and 90s HW never carried the sport (HW champs were always the highest paid) but skill wise lower weights always held boxing down

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
full

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
He went on to label UFC fans “a bunch of skinhead white guys watching people in the ring who also look like skinhead white guys” and stated that the fighters are “guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground.”

:mjlol:

Welp, hopefully this won't derail Crawford's career as he enters his later years. Guess we won't be seeing a Josh Taylor fight.

Very interested in seeing how the trial plays out.