Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
too many bad decisions ruined the whole round robin shyt that was going on at 115.

What's the point of matching all these guys up when you keep stealing decisions from the best out the bunch. It's like they trying to elevate everyone else to the same level as Choc and that shyt ain't work at all.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
too many bad decisions ruined the whole round robin shyt that was going on at 115.

What's the point of matching all these guys up when you keep stealing decisions from the best out the bunch. It's like they trying to elevate everyone else to the same level as Choc and that shyt ain't work at all.

i dont think its elevate..they are matched pretty evenly regardless of result and they are good fights

the only real clear separation among the 4 is between choc and king sor...it happens...choc is the better and greater fighter but head to head just not over king sor...he will never beat that guy...ever :manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i dont think its elevate..they are matched pretty evenly regardless of result and they are good fights

the only real clear separation among the 4 is between choc and king sor...it happens...choc is the better and greater fighter but head to head just not over king sor...he will never beat that guy...ever :manny:

He already beat him tho. Judges just didn't give him the credit for it. Its the whole Parker/Chisora Toney/Peter shyt all over again. Guy who gets robbed in the first fight gets figured out in the rematch and actually loses mad clearly.

Hell to be honest. Estrada should have won the first fight against Sori too. I get that they are good fights, but if you get half of them wrong, whats the point. Bad decisions elevated Sor the most in this whole fukking thing. Of course a nikka that's a fan of Sor would just :manny: about it tho. :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Donaire: I Would Love To Fight Estrada-Chocolatito Winner; I Could Go Down To 115 If I Want To
nonito-donaire_1622241538.jpg

BY KEITH IDEC
Published Thu Jan 06, 2022, 08:21 AM EST

Nonito Donaire’s remarkable return to the bantamweight division has been an anomaly.

Boxers typically don’t drop down to lower divisions and succeed as they age, especially those that are approaching 40. Donaire moved back down to the bantamweight limit of 118 pounds, all the way from the featherweight maximum of 126, after suffering a 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Carl Frampton in April 2018.

Three-and-a-half years later, the 39-year-old Donaire has added two more bantamweight championships to his Hall-of-Fame resume and is in position to secure a rematch against Japanese star Naoya Inoue. Their first fight, which Donaire lost by unanimous decision in November 2019, was voted “Fight of the Year” by the Boxing Writers Association of America.

If Donaire cannot secure that intriguing rematch with Inoue, “The Filipino Flash” is certain that he can comfortably drop down three more pounds to face the winner of the upcoming rubber match between super flyweight rivals Juan Francisco Estrada (42-3, 28 KOs) and Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez (50-3, 41 KOs). Donaire discussed potentially facing the Estrada-Gonzalez winner during a recent appearance on the “Boxing With Chris Mannix” podcast.

“I would love to,” Donaire said. “I would love to. I’m putting myself out there, in that mix with ‘Chocolatito’ and Estrada. … That would be great. I am all for it. I’m all for it.”

Las Vegas’ Donaire hasn’t competed within the 115-pound division since July 2010, when he stopped Hernan Marquez in the eighth round. Going on 12 years later, he isn’t reluctant to do it again.

“Making the weight is just such a simple thing for me,” Donaire said. “I mean, I could go down to 115 if I want to, you know, and still feel really strong.

“When I fought Inoue, I was actually 116, so I had to [drink] a couple more [waters], a few waters, to get up to 117, just a little bit below 118. So 116, you know, is right around the corner of 115.”

The hard-hitting Donaire (42-6, 28 KOs) knocked out previously unbeaten countryman Reymart Gaballo (24-1, 20 KOs), who was the mandatory challenger for Donaire’s WBC bantamweight title, in the fourth round of a main event Showtime televised December 11 from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. He wants Inoue next, but the four-division champion considers the Estrada-Gonzalez winner a viable alternative.

“Richard’s gonna do his thing, and I’m just gonna advise what I want,” Donaire said in reference to his promoter, Probellum’s Richard Schaefer. “And it that’s possible, we’ll make it happen.”

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
He told the truth…nikka took his Cuban movement to HW that alone makes him the top 2 boxer skill wise it’s between him and Usyk. Heavyweights don’t even have the stamina to fight on the backfoot like he do, hate it or not the the fact he moving like Rigo as a 6’4 HW is crazy…Plus if you seen and REALLY watched Fury/WilderIII, Fury looked awful. Wilder was dog tired after 3 rounds and Fury couldn’t get him out of there.

If he can impose his size on Usyk he can win but the the Eastern Euros know the Cuban style very well. So it will be the most high skilled HW match in long time.
Frank has surprised me with his skill. He definitely don’t fight like his age. You would think he was in his 20’s the way he moves. He should give all the guys a tough fight just off his speed and agility alone. I’m not sure he can beat those guys but I wouldn’t be surprised. Fury and the rest aren’t used to that type of athleticism. Frank is bringing a whole new look to the division and I like it:ehh:….what if Ruiz and frank are forced to fight one day :ohhh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
"Told the truth." :duck:
Dude couldn't knock out Hammer who recently got stopped by Hughie Fury or Awejko on short notice, but he's gonna KO the man of the division when he hardly commits to offense against vastly inferior competition. Usyk being a easier fight:comeon:
His best win was against a fighter more one dimensional than Wilder. He's skilled and has the style to trouble other heavyweights, but let's see him win a fight or two against the ten opponents before we crown him. Only reason people give a fukk about him, because he's on team Canelo.

all of this....esp the bolded :heh:......i dont need to see a heavyweight version of rigo who is even less offensive...going the distance with ajagba..fine..i hated watching but he did what he had to do against a fellow undefeated fighter that was dangerous and dropped him...not going to knock that fight..the hammer fight...nah this was short notice, hammer was not in shape, and a co main spot to boot..sanchez should have let his hands go...no way a hughie fury can somehow manage to get a TKO over hammer but im suppose to be impressed by sanchez going the distance with him...nah he's going to have to do better

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
"Told the truth." :duck:
Dude couldn't knock out Hammer who recently got stopped by Hughie Fury or Awejko on short notice, but he's gonna KO the man of the division when he hardly commits to offense against vastly inferior competition. Usyk being a easier fight:comeon:
His best win was against a fighter more one dimensional than Wilder. He's skilled and has the style to trouble other heavyweights, but let's see him win a fight or two against the ten opponents before we crown him. Only reason people give a fukk about him, because he's on team Canelo.

He has been on my radar and he is on it my visible but get gets props for his skills not who he associated with..Ruiz is Ruiz people don’t give him extra for being with Reynosa..

He is a Cuban through and through…he will do just enough to win a round but if you try to fight him or win it he will show more skills…it was no need for him to try KO Hammer who was doing nothing offensively. Thats not his style no type of way. 95% of Cubans boxers going to coast against a boxer not trying to win and not go for for the stoppage. It’s the way he is. Yea it sucks to watch but boxer coasting to an easy decision is no knock on his skill or KO power.

We will have to let the fights play out..Wilder best win is old man Ortiz and he get credit for hitting Tyson Fury about 10 times in 3 fights.

Tyson Fury went life and death with Wallen and his looked average against Wilder last.

Ortiz old.

AJ need to soul search.

Ruiz gets smoked too flat footed and lazy to follow Frank around.

Whyte got KO’d by Povetkin and got struggle in him at times.

Parker is meh…

Usyk best skills but small…

It’s not unreasonable to say that he can be number 1 in the division..

nikkas praised AJ when he did his best Cuban boxing impersonation against Ruiz, who had the same gameplan as Hammer (only there to pick up a check)

Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
all of this....esp the bolded :heh:......i dont need to see a heavyweight version of rigo who is even less offensive...going the distance with ajagba..fine..i hated watching but he did what he had to do against a fellow undefeated fighter that was dangerous and dropped him...not going to knock that fight..the hammer fight...nah this was short notice, hammer was not in shape, and a co main spot to boot..sanchez should have let his hands go...no way a hughie fury can somehow manage to get a TKO over hammer but im suppose to be impressed by sanchez going the distance with him...nah he's going to have to do better

You an OG hater of Cuban boxing so I understand your hate..maybe Sanchez just a decent boxer regardless of affiliation with Canelo…y’all let the Canelo hate creep into HW convos :scust:

Rigo still game at 118 tell Donaire to run that back…he scared of that work. He scared to even think Rigo name we ain’t forgot. *insert Rigo left to Donaire face*

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
linking up with that dirty ass white boy Rick Glaser, I feel sorry for anyone that signs with these two

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You an OG hater of Cuban boxing so I understand your hate..maybe Sanchez just a decent boxer regardless of affiliation with Canelo…y’all let the Canelo hate creep into HW convos :scust:

Rigo still game at 118 tell Donaire to run that back…he scared of that work. He scared to even think Rigo name we ain’t forgot. *insert Rigo left to Donaire face*

he's not that impressive...i dont understand where you get canelo hate when the reason he has been getting TV time IS because of canelo not necessarily for fan friendly performances....andy ruiz is in canelo's camp..have you ever heard me say the same about him? nope :ufdup:.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
he's not that impressive...i dont understand where you get canelo hate when the reason he has been getting TV time IS because of canelo not necessarily for fan friendly performances....andy ruiz is in canelo's camp..have you ever heard me say the same about him? nope :ufdup:.

That don’t make sense he ain’t a prospect no more, he a rising contender in the top 10…so of course he going to get TV time…u act like he white Ali or something..nikka just had a nice win on PPV but you want him to be on the untelevised undercard.

Never been Washington and horrible Charles Martin get tv time but Frank getting tv time is due to Canelo :mjlol: I’m pretty sure the Barthamely brothers are still going to be on tv as well..boring has nothing to do with being on TV or not..

nikkas gave us Coffie/Rice twice they would put anything on tv…

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That don’t make sense he ain’t a prospect no more, he a rising contender in the top 10…so of course he going to get TV time…u act like he white Ali or something..nikka just had a nice win on PPV but you want him to be on the untelevised undercard.

Never been Washington and horrible Charles Martin get tv time but Frank getting tv time is due to Canelo :mjlol: I’m pretty sure the Barthamely brothers are still going to be on tv as well..boring has nothing to do with being on TV or not..

nikkas gave us Coffie/Rice twice they would put anything on tv…

sanchez was on 2 of canelo's cards back to back and of course he would be showcased on showtime...showtime is trying to stay in the canelo biz...when they say canelo can prolly handle heavies, its because of the stories coming out of him sparring sanchez...this is sanchez angle..he is never mentioned without some attachment to canelo..andy ruiz this does not exist

if they want to make sanchez a co main..fine...they need to find a heavy on that level for that...he was going to face struggle ass carlos negron in a co main prior to negron catching covid...ajagba is one thing but negron/hammer...nah

washington and martin have been with PBC from the beginning so i dont know why you mention them...martin is horrible on top of that he is not active like that...washington ive said over and over they need to stop putting him on TV regardless of opponent....when they fought it shouldnt have been a PPV co main either :heh:..same thing with the damn barthelemy brothers except now they are legit untelevised dark match status now :mjgrin:..i havent seen them on TV since 2019

we got coffie and rice because PBC was pushing coffie and unlike sanchez coffie was not sweet sciencing nikkas that he was expected to put away...rice just happened to be a bump in the road both times...shyt happens :manny: