Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
i was at akhmadaliev's last fight..he's tough as shyt and he has stamina...he gets hit alot...fulton has stamina for days and i think he might be the bigger guy....shyt would be fight of the year no question...but i see fulton landing sharp counters on him all night and grinding him on a 116-112 ish decision

Fulton suprised me in the Figueroa fight. Fulton actually showed me he was stronger than Figueroa who honestly should be fighting at 126 or even 130. Everytime Figueroa would push him to the ropes, Fulton pushed him back to the middle of the ring. Fulton also showed excellent in fighting ability which is a lost art today outside of Mexican boxing(which is part of the reason I like Spence so much). He is a complete fighter IMO, which is why I would like to see him to undisputed and the move up and fight Gary Russell Jr. Him and Turbo Fists would be a high level skill vs skill chess match.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fulton suprised me in the Figueroa fight. Fulton actually showed me he was stronger than Figueroa who honestly should be fighting at 126 or even 130. Everytime Figueroa would push him to the ropes, Fulton pushed him back to the middle of the ring. Fulton also showed excellent in fighting ability which is a lost art today outside of Mexican boxing(which is part of the reason I like Spence so much). He is a complete fighter IMO, which is why I would like to see him to undisputed and the move up and fight Gary Russell Jr. Him and Turbo Fists would be a high level skill vs skill chess match.

the only thing that made me go :patrice: with fulton was young figgy def lit him up noticeably...young figgy had him moonwalking in that fight lol...whiskers seem sturdy enough but still want see if he can handle punchers without doing that...if only aleem didnt fail his assignment to impress :francis:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA

honestly they need to go ahead and make dude a mando since cats dont want to fight him

Damn well yea they might as well make him mando…I think I read the IBF is up next but idk how true that is…

If you turn down a mando do they remove you from your position:patrice:?

The IBF is the most guaranteed shot at a belt and people don’t want it..,:dwillhuh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Andrade-Alimkhanuly Purse Bid To Proceed; Andrade-Parker Interim Title Fight Unsuccessfully Explored
demetrius-andrade%20(2)_1618722693.jpg

BY JAKE DONOVAN
Published Wed Jan 05, 2022, 08:05 PM EST

Demetrius Andrade remains on the hook for a mandatory title defense.

A last-ditch effort to secure an alternative option for Providence’s Andrade proved futile, as the unbeaten WBO middleweight title is still required to next face top contender Janibek Alimkhanuly. The sanctioning body previously called for a purse bid hearing which is scheduled for January 14 at WBO’s headquarters in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Andrade (31-0, 19KOs) and his team have spent the past several weeks exploring the possibility of facing England’s Zach Parker (22-0, 16KOs) for the WBO interim super middleweight title. WBO’s championship committee was prepared to honor the request, while undisputed super middleweight king Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez (57-1-2, 39KOs) sorts out his next move.

That deal is no longer on the table.

“WBO cannot wait any longer on whether Andrade faces #1 Super Middleweight, Zach Parker for the Interim 168 [pound] title,” Francisco ‘Paco’ Valcarcel, the longtime WBO president declared Wednesday evening. “Therefore, [the Andrade- Alimkhanuly purse bid] will take place at WBO Office January 14, 12:00 pm (noon).”

The middleweight title fight was formally ordered November 30, eleven days after Andrade scored a second-round knockout of Ireland’s Jason Quigley in a voluntary title defense. Andrade and Alimkhanuly (11-0, 7KOs) were given until December 20 to work out a deal, only for that period to lapse without the two sides coming to terms.

A purse bid hearing was called during the year-end holiday season, though—as Is the case with the period between the ordered hearing and the actual session—there was still time for an eleventh-hour deal to avoid that route. Andrade—who previously held the WBO junior middleweight title before winning his current title in October 2018—instead sought the option of campaigning in his third weight division.

Parker has been waiting on a title shot since the pandemic, having advanced to the top contender spot following an eleventh-round stoppage of Rohan Murdock in March 2020. The 27-year-old Brit—who is managed by Neil Marsh and fights under Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions banner—has since fought three times, most recently in a fourth-round stoppage of Marcus Morrison last November in Birmingham, England.

Should the WBO still permit Parker to challenge for an interim super middleweight title, it will have to come against another opponent. Andrade is locked into other plans, barring his vacating the WBO middleweight belt.

Kazakhstan’s Alimkhanuly is coming off of back-to-back eighth-round stoppages, including his one-sided drubbing of former secondary WBA middleweight titlist Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam on November 20 at Michelob ULTRA Arena in Las Vegas. The win came one night following Andrade’s early knockout of Quigley and with the immediate request to next enter a title fight.

Five months prior, Alimkhanuly—managed by Egis Klimas and promoted by Top Rank—similarly tore through former WBA secondary titlist Rob Brant in eight rounds this past June 26 at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.

The January 14 purse bid hearing is open to all WBO-registered promoters. The minimum accepted bid is $200,000 for the fight. If Andrade goes through with the fight, it will serve as his sixth attempted title defense.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im still annoyed though at thurman fighting barrios on ppv....i mean was there no other welterweight available?

abel ramos was a good choice...custio clayton...shyt could have got bocachica from the shobox circuit..hell wheres ray robinson? they both fought last in 2019..shyt would have been on equal ground lol

The funniest thing about it is Barrios is either going to beat Thurman or lose in a very very close fight in which this whole forum is going to call Keith washed up.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The funniest thing about it is Barrios is either going to beat Thurman or lose in a very very close fight in which this whole forum is going to call Keith washed up.

ive been beating the drum about barrios since he got that gift on the porter-spence ppv and didnt run it back like he was supposed to lol

barrios has no wins at 147 and was just bodied by a blown up lightweight who was smaller than him.so i def can't give thurman no credit for this fight at all

and if keith gets on his bike or goes glassy eyed in this fight like he did against josesito then for sure i think its over for him

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Damn Andrade was trying to become Canelo's mandatory at SMW. Can't catch a break.

He could have been moved up and enforced the 168 mandatory…he had plenty of time.

He fukked hisself once again with the voluntary bout against a scrub. He should have tried in good faith to fight Janibek first and he wouldn’t be in this situation or like I said moved up first, the fight with Quigley was useless and now the WBO going to dictate what u do.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA

More like putting the viewers to sleep with your boring ass

He told the truth…nikka took his Cuban movement to HW that alone makes him the top 2 boxer skill wise it’s between him and Usyk. Heavyweights don’t even have the stamina to fight on the backfoot like he do, hate it or not the the fact he moving like Rigo as a 6’4 HW is crazy…Plus if you seen and REALLY watched Fury/WilderIII, Fury looked awful. Wilder was dog tired after 3 rounds and Fury couldn’t get him out of there.

If he can impose his size on Usyk he can win but the the Eastern Euros know the Cuban style very well. So it will be the most high skilled HW match in long time.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
He told the truth…nikka took his Cuban movement to HW that alone makes him the top 2 boxer skill wise it’s between him and Usyk. Heavyweights don’t even have the stamina to fight on the backfoot like he do, hate it or not the the fact he moving like Rigo as a 6’4 HW is crazy…Plus if you seen and REALLY watched Fury/WilderIII, Fury looked awful. Wilder was dog tired after 3 rounds and Fury couldn’t get him out of there.

If he can impose his size on Usyk he can win but the the Eastern Euros know the Cuban style very well. So it will be the most high skilled HW match in long time.

"Told the truth." :duck:
Dude couldn't knock out Hammer who recently got stopped by Hughie Fury or Awejko on short notice, but he's gonna KO the man of the division when he hardly commits to offense against vastly inferior competition. Usyk being a easier fight:comeon:
His best win was against a fighter more one dimensional than Wilder. He's skilled and has the style to trouble other heavyweights, but let's see him win a fight or two against the ten opponents before we crown him. Only reason people give a fukk about him, because he's on team Canelo.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Damn well yea they might as well make him mando…I think I read the IBF is up next but idk how true that is…

If you turn down a mando do they remove you from your position:patrice:?

The IBF is the most guaranteed shot at a belt and people don’t want it..,:dwillhuh:

it’s cause they shook of Hrgovic, it’s not like they’d have any other way to a title, this is the only
WBO mando is already Joyce I think, so he probably won’t take it for that reaaon, Joshua has the rematch coming up. First name in IBF ranks that might accept is Yoka or Kabayel