Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If they can be consistent with this like they were before the pandemic, give then the crown.

Hopefully they bring back Inside Boxing as well.

The pandemic single handily took away PBC countdown and Inside Boxing. We had a monthly terrestrial tv boxing talk show, dang, I don’t think people understand how big that was.

They were doing PBC Countdowns for every regular non ppv main event on FOX and FS1. Guys like Figueroa, J Roc, Hurd, Lara etc were getting their story aired on national TV like it was nothing! This is how you build depth with mid tier guys and build future stars. Tried and true method.

I miss that, bring it back and Make boxing great again (MBGA)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

It's kind of the truth though. And I'm not even a belt guy:yeshrug:.....david had a belt and didn't even respect it enough to stop stuffing himself with chimichanga's. Now he thinks he got first claim to fight guys who are established vets. And yea charlo's career may not be great, but he's still done a lot more than David benavidez. Are we forgetting David ducked caleb plant when they both had belts?.....his own dad said they needed to let the fight marinate.

Why does he keep chasing a guy who's not even in his weight class?.....Charlo is the more established fighter. If David really wants to fight then shouldn't he be coming down?....He don't have the clout to call shots with Charlo. David should be going after plant now if we're being honest. It's the perfect time for them to settle the beef. Plant needs a strong comeback win. And David has an opportunity to beat plant worse than canelo did. But they won't take it now. They'll say he has nothing to offer anymore, and fight another come forward punching bag with no head movement. David is gonna be another teofimo. Even got the annoying dad to go with it. The exposal gonna be bad. Just hoping he don't lose before canelo gets to him :wow:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
It's kind of the truth though. And I'm not even a belt guy:yeshrug:.....david had a belt and didn't even respect it enough to stop stuffing himself with chimichanga's. Now he thinks he got first claim to fight guys who are established vets. And yea charlo's career may not be great, but he's still done a lot more than David benavidez. Are we forgetting David ducked caleb plant when they both had belts?.....his own dad said they needed to let the fight marinate.

Why does he keep chasing a guy who's not even in his weight class?.....Charlo is the more established fighter. If David really wants to fight then shouldn't he be coming down?....He don't have the clout to call shots with Charlo. David should be going after plant now if we're being honest. It's the perfect time for them to settle the beef. Plant needs a strong comeback win. And David has an opportunity to beat plant worse than canelo did. But they won't take it now. They'll say he has nothing to offer anymore, and fight another come forward punching bag with no head movement. David is gonna be another teofimo. Even got the annoying dad to go with it. The exposal gonna be bad. Just hoping he don't lose before canelo gets to him :wow:

:russ::bryan::dead:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Why is he afraid of Andrade if this is the new excuse? Lol

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nah. Porter said bud is the hardest puncher he's faced yet. Said buds punches are more "shocking" than hurtful. That every one of his punches sting you. He said aside from the KD punch none of Spence's punches really hurt him like that. But all of buds punches were effecting him.

Time-stamped

Porter was definitely hurt by the body shots and could never incur his will on spence..it's why he came out a loser.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I’ll say this though, Bud is the sharper puncher I
Exactly

It's been funny in this last week that some of Spence's fans soothe themselves by citing Spence's PPV numbers and shyt like that video just cause Bud stopped Porter and Errol hasn't, lol.
No need for all that, styles make fights at the end of the day. Still picking Bud to beat Spence but not because he stopped Porter, that's just made me a bit more confident in it.

At the end of the day Spence can have the heavier hands, what matters is how one puts them in use. Brook got wiped out by Bud in 4 rounds, Spence stopped him in 11 by accumulating damage to his orbital bone.

Spence's heavy-handed but consistent work to the head and body is more his bread and butter against higher-level opponents than sudden killshots after setting it up. Different kind of fighters, both great.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Exactly

It's been funny in this last week that some of Spence's fans soothe themselves by citing Spence's PPV numbers and shyt like that video just cause Bud stopped Porter and Errol hasn't, lol.
No need for all that, styles make fights at the end of the day. Still picking Bud to beat Spence but not because he stopped Porter, that's just made me a bit more confident in it.

At the end of the day Spence can have the heavier hands, what matters is how one puts them in use. Brook got wiped out by Bud in 4 rounds, Spence stopped him in 11 by accumulating damage to his orbital bone.

Spence's heavy-handed but consistent work to the head and body is more his bread and butter against higher-level opponents than sudden killshots after setting it up. Different kind of fighters, both great.

All that is fair and reasonable, but the main reason for it to weigh towards Crawford is activity vs inactivity.

Spence had two camps and 1 fight in 2 years.

Spence is my favourite boxer, but Bud got him on this one unfortunately, i hate to admit it.