Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
If he can't get fights on his own side how do you expect him to cross the street and get a big fight?

I would like to see Charlo ve GGG or Canelo too, but that's not going to happen. I just gave you a list of fighters Andrade can fight to build his profile on his platform that can be made next. Why can't Hearn get him those fights? Andrade could have already fought one of the Jermell Charlo but declined the fight (might be why his brother doesn't want to give him the fight).

Andrade pulls out of Charlo fight over money, communication issues - The Ring

Andrade drops out of title defense vs. Charlo

He was the champ and Charlo was his mandatory, now he is trying to force the WBC to be the mandatory while he is the WBO champ? His next 5 fights after not fighting Charlo was:
Dario Fabian Pucheta
Willie Nelson
Jack Culcay
Alantez Fox
Walter Kautondokwa:scust:

It hasn't really got much better after that. :mjlol:

Munguia is ranked #1 by the WBC and WBO why isn't he facing either guy next?

Hearn is the same guy that told Charlo he will not give him a big fight unless he signed with him :usure:, you remember that?

I want the big fights too, but you got to call out the bullshyt when you see it.

I can't help but notice you didn't link the articles showing Charlo turning down career $$$ to avoid Andrade tho

Look, both Andrade and Charlo as well as their teams have blood on their hands and share blame for why their fight hasn't happened. But if we're being objective, up to this point it's Charlo that has expressed less interest if not zero interest on fight Andrade while Andrade and his promoter have been calling out Charlo for years. So even if at one point Andrade was to blame for the fight not happening, anybody who's impartial would have to agree that at least for the last half decade its been Charlo avoiding Andrade at all costs.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Andrade was going off last night, I got video of some of it. He blaming the fans for feeding into the narrative that Canelo and them push out about Andrade being a horrible fighter and it being ok to freeze him out :lolbron:

that shyt finna hit youtube in like 20 minutes, had to reconvert it tho cuz the joint you sent was a file mismatch. Good shyt tho.

Andrade just need to drop a bag on Briggs and some content creators and get shyt rolling. I respect what he doing as far as trying to make the fights, but most nikkas is looking at him as being corny and damn near begging at this point. He need to change his approach.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Bruh stop this blame game bullshyt. As a fan of the sport of boxing I gives no more fukks about sides of the streets and the big bank take little bank bullshyt. It gets us nowhere closer to good fights.

We all fans of the sport..but that across the street shyt is real..and PBC is the worst when it comes to that. That is just the reality…

Andrade or his promoters did nothing to build his name up. All his opponents barely have name recognition. He need some name recognition..Canelo/Pac/ Money didn’t become super stars based off just being better than other people. They made a point to fight people with names no matter if they was over the hill or at a catchweight. If you gne fight a scrub atleast fight a scrub that casuals know.

Plenty of people on his side of the house on his network but he calling out Charlo..yea that don’t make no sense. He got a better chance of fighting Canelo at this point. PBC might consider if Andrade unify with GGG/Murata…but as you seen with Wilder they dnt mind being the last one holding a belt.

Him vs Quigley was waste of time..He could have just fought Janibek and got him out the way. Most of Andrade problems are his own no matter what y’all think it just not adding up…Haney got the same problems but he really taking on all comers.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't help but notice you didn't link the articles showing Charlo turning down career $$$ to avoid Andrade tho

Look, both Andrade and Charlo as well as their teams have blood on their hands and share blame for why their fight hasn't happened. But if we're being objective, up to this point it's Charlo that has expressed less interest if not zero interest on fight Andrade while Andrade and his promoter have been calling out Charlo for years. So even if at one point Andrade was to blame for the fight not happening, anybody who's impartial would have to agree that at least for the last half decade its been Charlo avoiding Andrade at all costs.

No one at 160 that actually wants to fight Andrade. Hearn has always been the issue blocking fights we wanted from the PBC and DAZN. Who stopped Joshua vs Wilder (made every excuse to make it, but now that JOshua lost he wants it). Hearn told Charlo he wouldn't get any big fights unless he signed with him :mjlol:. WTF is that? They will only call out a PBC guy when they got a big draw and want to put him in with a guy that doesn't sell tickets. Andrade vs Charlo, Farmer vs Tank, etc. When its the other way around they don't want it like Ortiz vs Whyte, Wilder vs Joshua, Charlo vs GGG, anyone vs Canelo.

At this point Andrade might as well face Hurd, at leas he would have a name on his resume. Dude gets treated like Lara in his prime, but at least the PBC got him fights against their own top guys.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
No one at 160 that actually wants to fight Andrade. Hearn has always been the issue blocking fights we wanted from the PBC and DAZN. Who stopped Joshua vs Wilder (made every excuse to make it, but now that JOshua lost he wants it). Hearn told Charlo he wouldn't get any big fights unless he signed with him :mjlol:. WTF is that? They will only call out a PBC guy when they got a big draw and want to put him in with a guy that doesn't sell tickets. Andrade vs Charlo, Farmer vs Tank, etc. When its the other way around they don't want it like Ortiz vs Whyte, Wilder vs Joshua, Charlo vs GGG, anyone vs Canelo.

At this point Andrade might as well face Hurd, at leas he would have a name on his resume. Dude gets treated like Lara in his prime, but at least the PBC got him fights against their own top guys.

They blaming everybody for just a mismanaged career..if he just call it how it is maybe people would resonate with him..but saying people ducking him make people just think he come off real corny.

Rigo who was actually really ducked AND despised by the boxing media did what he had to do to get fights..move up move down..where is the Andrade sense of urgency..

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps

I don't think Hearn is to blame at all. If anything, he's been more willing to make fights outside his "street" than PBC has been.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo and GGG took years off of Khan and Brook's career and now them nikkas finally wanna fight. :hhh:

I view Khan as the one who avoided that fight. He never really wanted to give Brook that type of look.

I think also think he knew it would always be there for situations like this. It’s the only fight where he can make decent money past his prime.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks still doing this "sob story/PBC blocking him tho" shyt with Andrade?? Dude has had multiple opportunities for fights with names on that side and has either pulled out or declined to pursue the fight multiple times.
1) Pulled out of the Mell Charlo fight @ 154
2) Didn't press for the Lara fight @ 154 when he was the regular champ
3) Pulled out of the fight with Derevyanchenko @ 160 as the co-main to BJS vs Lemeiux, he instead opted to fight Fox in the first fight of his "3 fight deal" and then HBO told him to fukk off
4) Turned down a deal with Showtime and a Charlo fight after his first DAZN deal ended because he would rather re-up and fight the Luke Keelers for the same paper. Andrade said this outta his own mouth on Mannix's podcast

Why y'all caping for this dude and lamenting boxing politics when he has been a master of self sabotage? Canelo definitely did him funny style at 154 & 160 but he had his opportunities to add some good scalps to his ledger but he tricked them off.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PBC might consider if Andrade unify with GGG/Murata…but as you seen with Wilder they dnt mind being the last one holding a belt.

You know what's crazy though? PBC gave Joshua his first title shot against Martin. They could have easily put him in with Wilder, but Joshua was the bigger draw and that fight would make Martin more money.
It was reported that Martin would earn a career high purse of £3.46m with potential total earnings in excess of £6m after PPV sales.
Charles Martin vs. Anthony Joshua - Wikipedia
It was a win win for both sides.

They are willing to work with the other side if their guy gets paid (Plant) or gets a shot at a belt (Castano).

Top Rank will call for a Crawford vs Spence, but are quiet when Devin Haney wanted to fight Teofimo Lopez and Vasyl Lomachenko, or when John Riel Casimero calls out Naoya Inoue.

DAZN does it too Charlo been calling out GGG, and Canelo, Ortiz wanted to face Whyte. They all do it to keep the money in house.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks still doing this "sob story/PBC blocking him tho" shyt with Andrade?? Dude has had multiple opportunities for fights with names on that side and has either pulled out or declined to pursue the fight multiple times.
1) Pulled out of the Mell Charlo fight @ 154
2) Didn't press for the Lara fight @ 154 when he was the regular champ
3) Pulled out of the fight with Derevyanchenko @ 160 as the co-main to BJS vs Lemeiux, he instead opted to fight Fox in the first fight of his "3 fight deal" and then HBO told him to fukk off
4) Turned down a deal with Showtime and a Charlo fight after his first DAZN deal ended because he would rather re-up and fight the Luke Keelers for the same paper. Andrade said this outta his own mouth on Mannix's podcast

Why y'all caping for this dude and lamenting boxing politics when he has been a master of self sabotage? Canelo definitely did him funny style at 154 & 160 but he had his opportunities to add some good scalps to his ledger but he tricked them off.

Munguia is ranked #1 by both the WBC and WBC but you never hear him say Andrades name.
“I think so, if we keep winning and I become champion then the people are going to ask for that fight. Either Charlo or Gennadiy Golovkin, I would love to have a fight with them.”
:deadmanny:
Jaime Munguia On Who He Wants To Fight: 'Either Charlo Or Gennadiy Golovkin'
As far as Hearn goes he could have made Saunders vs Andrade since they were both signed to him at one point, but he won't do it when it is a guy that is a big draw for him, but wants it for everyone else.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh stop this blame game bullshyt. As a fan of the sport of boxing I gives no more fukks about sides of the streets and the big bank take little bank bullshyt. It gets us nowhere closer to good fights.

If you’re a fan of the sport and post on this part of the forum, you should be very realistic about what fights can or cannot be made. That has to be acknowledged. Simply hoping fights get made, which is what you seem to be doing, won’t get it done.

I agree, I think Andrade/Charlo should be made. However, it doesn’t appear to be happening. Therefore, his promoter should be able to get him in house fights. It is vital as a fighter that you sign with the right promoter.

I always say look at someone like Lara. He could have easily had a career like Andrade from a stylistic standpoint. However, the guy fought damn near everyone around 154.