Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It's good that Canelo as a big-money starfighter is at a point in his career where he can work well with anyone let that be Haymon or Hearn, the two opposites of the spectrum with one being the introvert hermit who and the other the extrovert car salesman.

I know it's because Canelo is too much money to turn down for anyone and when he calls that's the point where they have to forget about in-house matchups and try to strongarm him into an exclusive deal but still IMO Canelo uses his leverage and influence the right way that is beneficial for the fans.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He just said he wants Charlo before Benavidez, I'm gonna take his word for it :manny:
Charlo would be a fool to turn down the chance, dude has been at 160 for years and the biggest thing they could get him was Derevyanchenko. Him not willing to fight anywhere else did him a huge disservice IMO and wasted years of his career. Similar to Bud at 147 but at least he became lineal at 2 divisions before, undisputed as well in one of them.

agree res but he definitely needs to step back in the ring soon..unless he just wants to be inactive until may lol..in that case it would be 11 months which would not help him in the least

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
this would mean something if you werent a plant stan breh :heh:

Plant had defense N foot speed to atleast give Canelo problems

Flabavidez?? You think he’s gonna pull a GGG 1?? His punch output goin drop drastically N that’s the only thing that makes him unique… when Canelo touches that body made by Carnitas it’s over :usure:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
agree res but he definitely needs to step back in the ring soon..unless he just wants to be inactive until may lol..in that case it would be 11 months which would not help him in the least
I see but if it's less than a year and he's training, I think it won't make much difference. His Derevyanchenko win was his career-best performance at 160 this far and he sat out almost 10 months before that

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Flabavidez?? You think he’s gonna pull a GGG 1?? His punch output goin drop drastically N that’s the only thing that makes him unique… when Canelo touches that body made by Carnitas it’s over :usure:
i wanted to see a 168 pounder actually (willingly) use his size and power after dealing with 2 versions of slick fighters with average power and a no hoper jobber in back to back fights

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I see but if it's less than a year and he's training, I think it won't make much difference. His Derevyanchenko win was his career-best performance at 160 this far and he sat out almost 10 months before that
he sat out because of the pandemic lol and derevyanchenko was recovering from the severe beating he absorbed from GGG

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Benavidez seems like a tough, durable guy with fast hands and solid power, big for the weight too but yeah he ain't winning a fire-fight with Canelo. His best chance is if he tires out Canelo down the stretch and drowns him but not gonna happen. It could be interesting how Canelo fights there, takes the role of the counter-puncher for this one, or presses like he did his last few fights.

Charlo's jab should be his key to fighting Canelo, but if Canelo passes that IMO he's beating Mall in the pocket even with Mall having a good counter-game. Canelo's gonna be that pressure fighter who's too high level for him to beat despite the style matchup that could be even favorable for Charlo.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
True that :ld: just saying he was still sharp

but i cant see charlo challenging canelo now..the man went the distance with montiel, faded, and got hands put on him..thats alarming..that fight thread had a whole bunch of juelzing from ppl trying to excuse what happened :heh: