Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo says he would prefer to fight Charlo over Benavidez, if that's the case Charlo should try to have a tune-up in January at 168 cuz having his first fight there in May off a long ass layoff would be self sabotage.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Eddie Hearn puppets Chris Mannix and Mike Coppinger beating the Canelo vs GGG III drum after Saturday, GTFOH. I hope GGG loses to Murata
Lol what u expect it's still by far the biggest money fight including Canelo that they can host.

Wouldn't be mad about it either as Golovkin along with Charlo, Boo Boo, Benavidez, Bivol and Beterbiev would be among those opponents that I consider good for Canelo. Boo Boo, Charlo and Golovkin only gonna happen if they step up to 168 though, no way Canelo is making 160 anymore.

Canelo seems to be genuinely annoyed by Golovkin so I'm not sure he's ever gonna give him that opportunity but they fought two times so oh well... I'm good as long as fights other good fighters. Bivol and Beterbiev would probably be the biggest challenges, I hope Canelo isn't stressing too much about keeping all 4 of his titles cause I'm not trying to watch him piece up Zach Parker and Shvedenko, with all due respect to them.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
unless benavidez has an uh-oh next weekend..its either going to be him or possibly GGG next for canelo..prolly leading 2 choices
He just said he wants Charlo before Benavidez, I'm gonna take his word for it :manny:
Charlo would be a fool to turn down the chance, dude has been at 160 for years and the biggest thing they could get him was Derevyanchenko. Him not willing to fight anywhere else did him a huge disservice IMO and wasted years of his career. Similar to Bud at 147 but at least he became lineal at 2 divisions before, undisputed as well in one of them.