Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He's taken them and held up well. I'll put it to you like this, there is a lot more reason to question Crawford's chin than Taylor's if that is the route you ae gonna go.
Nah...I don't know about that. Taylor has much to prove....those guys he beat to become undisputed are not A1 guys to me.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Showtime will be setting quite the precedent if they take Rolly off, but I have a sneaky suspicion they will. Simply for the fact that they don't wanna deal with all the backlash, and the fact that Rolly doesn't move the needle. 99% of the people that bought tickets to the fight and will be ordering the PPV are/will be doing so because of Tank and Tank alone, they don't give a fukk who the opponent is. Therefore, Rolly is expendable :yeshrug:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CBD Crawford still ain’t mention Boots name after being called out multiple times? Boots said he do everything better than CBD.

He got Twitter fingers for everyone else tho …

:sas2:

Spence has mentioned Boots and acknowledged his skills. Shawn Porter has flat out said he’s going to duck. Run Time Thurman got amnesia when they say his name (ducking smoke again smh).

Boots the new Boogeyman and I hope Errol does for him what Keith wouldn’t.

its funny how these fighters pick and choose who they call out:russ:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Showtime will be setting quite the precedent if they take Rolly off, but I have a sneaky suspicion they will. Simply for the fact that they don't wanna deal with all the backlash, and the fact that Rolly doesn't move the needle. 99% of the people that bought tickets to the fight and will be ordering the PPV are/will be doing so because of Tank and Tank alone, they don't give a fukk who the opponent is. Therefore, Rolly is expendable :yeshrug:

He’s expendable with 172K IG followers…….You don’t get that many as a boxer if you’re not making some type of noise (ask Andrade and GRJ how many followers they have). Rolly isn’t a contender but he’s obviously doing something right outside of the ring. Leo Santa Cruz only has 211 to put it into perspective.

Cruz and Subriel Matias like someone mentioned (they won’t put him in there with him yet) would be good fights for hardcores, yet they would be viewed as a step down from Rolly from a casual perspective. People would be screaming “who?”.

The best replacement would be GRJ at a catchweight yet I don’t see him agreeing to a fight on short notice.

They need a half decent name at least.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah imo boxing does pretty well compared to like 5 years ago or so in terms of excitement from the wider public but maybe my memory is just selective… supposedly boxing is popular among gen Z

combat sports are star centered, they are niche and popular at the same time, depending on who’s fighting

Your memory isn’t selective. There are way more stars and potential stars right now than there was from late 2015 to 2017. That’s when things looked bleak. After May Pac it went flat for a bit. Guys like Tank, Shakur, Haney, Garcia, Lopez, Ennis, Anderson, Ortiz, Inoue etc have a higher ceiling than Bud/Errol IMO, as far as star power.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
What one win do y'all think legitimized a fighters career more than any other?

Take B-Hop, he punched his ticket to the hall of fame when he was the first man to beat Tito. Beating Arguello gave Pryor the respect he was seeking, Arguello was already a hall of famer. Andre Ward while everyone always thought he was a good fighter, but he needed that win over Kovalev to truly become a great. I remember people used to doubt Roy Jones Jr. until he put those hands on Toney.

Basically what in your opinion is the most IMPORTANT win for an individual fighter?