Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
It's so weird how every time a boxer loses they get instantly labelled a hype job. People were even calling Spence hypejob/exposed after WINNING the porter fight purely because he didn't knock him out in 4 rounds.

To me a hypejob would be someone who was protected and never fought any tough opps in a 50/50 so I really don't see how people are saying Warrington was a hypejob, his first big win was against Selby about 3 years ago and he was a big underdog going into that fight. Since then he's beaten Galahad and Frampton and I think he was underdog against Frampton too. How can someone who was an underdog in his two best wins be a hypejob? If anything he's an overachiever who scrapped his way to the top the hard way but his reign was short like leprechauns
Gifted

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I just think 130 and 135 are finally getting the influx of talent it’s needed for a while. I remember they had a top 135 after Crawford left and that list was pathetic. Crolla was a top 5 135. That version of him might get knocked out by everybody in the top 5 if not brutally beaten.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Truth

And this is not trying to diminish Valdez W over Berchelt (I picked Berchelt to stop him) but that wasn't the same dude that beat the Japanese badass Miura. Maybe he got old overnight with the help of Valdez lol. Even though the defensive issues were always there (and caught up to him again) I watched him/Miura yesterday & it was night & day

I think more are trying to diminish berchelt...talking like he was the worst champion at 130 :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah you're right :russ:

We all knew his flaws but most of us thought he had more in the tank left than Valdez who was looking diminished lately

exactly if Valdez hadnt show these vulnerabilities; i think most ppl not just on here but the majority of the boxing world would have picked him

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It's so weird how every time a boxer loses they get instantly labelled a hype job. People were even calling Spence hypejob/exposed after WINNING the porter fight purely because he didn't knock him out in 4 rounds.

To me a hypejob would be someone who was protected and never fought any tough opps in a 50/50 so I really don't see how people are saying Warrington was a hypejob, his first big win was against Selby about 3 years ago and he was a big underdog going into that fight. Since then he's beaten Galahad and Frampton and I think he was underdog against Frampton too. How can someone who was an underdog in his two best wins be a hypejob? If anything he's an overachiever who scrapped his way to the top the hard way but his reign was short like leprechauns

The thing about Warrington is he was at 126 all that time and never one time mentioned Gary Russell Jr. which is why people looked at him kinda funny. Nobody discredits the wins he has.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Truth

And this is not trying to diminish Valdez W over Berchelt (I picked Berchelt to stop him) but that wasn't the same dude that beat the Japanese badass Miura. Maybe he got old overnight with the help of Valdez lol. Even though the defensive issues were always there (and caught up to him again) I watched him/Miura yesterday & it was night & day

I picked Berchelt by KO too. :snoop:

I think Berchelt lowkey spoiled on the vine. He wasn't fighting enough prime threats to keep him improving. Compare that to Valdez where damn near every opponent was live enough for the upset.
Berchelt just got by on his size and strength and just mowing nikkas down. Kinda like a more athletic Angulo n Margarito but with worst defense, but faster feet.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Being weight drained isn't a good excuse in my book. If you know making weight is tough on you then you need to move up. Don't keep draining yourself until you take a career altering beating. It's gonna be hard for Berchelt to come back from that ass whoopin he took. He took entirely too many clean shots to the head in that fight. I know Mexicans like to go out on their shield, but his corner should of stopped it in round 4 honestly, he was taking a fukking beating.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah we shouldn't diminish berchelt although I do think he was possibly weight drained but that's his problem lol
yeah when he fought that jobber in the bubble during the summer he was huge and that was a 135 fight..when he comes back he may need to go to 135 and stay there for a while

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paul Williams had piss poor career management. He wanted fights against the best WW’s, but didn’t stay there long enough to get them. He moved up after Quintana 2, called out WWs while he was fighting at 154/160, and then had the audacity to say they were ducking him. The funny part is, the boxing community fell for it. It was genius marketing though. You got people til this day the believed he was ducked at WW.

He beat Margarito for the WBO title. He lost the title in his very next fight. He rematched Quintana, won his title back, and then ran to 160 for next fight. That’s not gonna get you big fights at 147.

It’s entirely possible he could no longer make the weight and was just talking shyt to market himself. Now, I do believe Pavlik ducked him at 160.