Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
didn't have a bigger left hook than valdez.

Berchelt never saw those punches coming. Don't get me wrong, Valdez was cracking him, but Berchelt landed half the punches Valdez did and look at his face after the fight bruh. If Valdez was any slower, Berchelt would of beaten him down badly. Punching power was not the x factor in this fight.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Berchelt never saw those punches coming. Don't get me wrong, Valdez was cracking him, but Berchelt landed half the punches Valdez did and look at his face after the fight bruh. If Valdez was any slower, Berchelt would of beaten him down badly. Punching power was not the x factor in this fight.
when i look at the way berchelt punches, he looks more like a volume puncher, and he likes to get his stoppages accumulatively. valdez throws that left hook the way that all great left hooks are thrown; from the hip with a lot of whip. berchelt is more of an arm puncher; he wants to hit you with three or four. valdez wants to hit you with one. now if two fighters like that punch at the same time, who would you say is the one at an advantage?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
when i look at the way berchelt punches, he looks more like a volume puncher, and he likes to get his stoppages accumulatively. valdez throws that left hook the way that all great left hooks are thrown; from the hip with a lot of whip. berchelt is more of an arm puncher; he wants to hit you with three or four. valdez wants to hit you with one. now if two fighters like that punch at the same time, who would you say is the one at an advantage?

You are talking about a specific situation which favors one puncher over the other bro, you can't do it like that boxing don't work like that and that has more to do with a fighters chin than going punch for punch. Wilder is one of the biggest punchers in history and he got out punched by a guy who has never been known for his power.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

obviously the hooker/puncher with all the snap and velocity on his shots :mjlol:

I feel like Berchelt's lack of head movement and overall defense lost him the fight. Hard to mount any serious offense when you getting cracked and hurt with every other shot. Even when he finally got Oscar to gas a lil and started to snag a few rds, his defense was still letting him down to where Valdez was able to get back in the fight again cuz he couldnt miss.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Even more than that most of us picked the puncher that wasnt getting his jaw broken or knocked down by fighters not on his perceived level lol

Facts...Valdez was looking too fukking shop worn for most people to pick him. Everybody knew he had the talent and skill advantage. He doesn't struggle with lopez and velez and most are picking him to outbox and beat Berchelt. Its almost pure irony that he made his toughest fight look his easiest.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Remember berchelt got koed before by a similar hook. He was too susceptible to it

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
ReflectingIgnorantHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

That Left Hook was there all night but Man :wow:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
ReflectingIgnorantHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

That Left Hook was there all night but Man :wow:

That footwork. He was never out of position and his feet were always planted solidly, not to mention Berchelt walked right into it. Perfect punch.

I will say Berchelt probably had a lot of pop taken off his punches considering how badly he got hurt in round 4. His legs never fully came back after the first KD.

MikhailSaeed

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Warrington I wouldn't classify as a hype job..he was arguably the best featherweight in the division before he lost. If he was a hype job he would have been exposed long before he got a title.

It's so weird how every time a boxer loses they get instantly labelled a hype job. People were even calling Spence hypejob/exposed after WINNING the porter fight purely because he didn't knock him out in 4 rounds.

To me a hypejob would be someone who was protected and never fought any tough opps in a 50/50 so I really don't see how people are saying Warrington was a hypejob, his first big win was against Selby about 3 years ago and he was a big underdog going into that fight. Since then he's beaten Galahad and Frampton and I think he was underdog against Frampton too. How can someone who was an underdog in his two best wins be a hypejob? If anything he's an overachiever who scrapped his way to the top the hard way but his reign was short like leprechauns

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It's so weird how every time a boxer loses they get instantly labelled a hype job. People were even calling Spence hypejob/exposed after WINNING the porter fight purely because he didn't knock him out in 4 rounds.

To me a hypejob would be someone who was protected and never fought any tough opps in a 50/50 so I really don't see how people are saying Warrington was a hypejob, his first big win was against Selby about 3 years ago and he was a big underdog going into that fight. Since then he's beaten Galahad and Frampton and I think he was underdog against Frampton too. How can someone who was an underdog in his two best wins be a hypejob? If anything he's an overachiever who scrapped his way to the top the hard way but his reign was short like leprechauns
These crop of fans would be insufferable if it was in the past. Dont blame mayweather for that undefeated etc shyt especially when same ones say he lost to pacman playing the vid slow with the volume down in black and white listening to hans zimmerman watching at winter solstice etc......they just spoiled....

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Facts...Valdez was looking too fukking shop worn for most people to pick him. Everybody knew he had the talent and skill advantage. He doesn't struggle with lopez and velez and most are picking him to outbox and beat Berchelt. Its almost pure irony that he made his toughest fight look his easiest.

Truth

And this is not trying to diminish Valdez W over Berchelt (I picked Berchelt to stop him) but that wasn't the same dude that beat the Japanese badass Miura. Maybe he got old overnight with the help of Valdez lol. Even though the defensive issues were always there (and caught up to him again) I watched him/Miura yesterday & it was night & day