Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are overlooking one big thing about Tank vs all these guys. Tank has A LOT of options bro. He could fight Gary Russell Jr. or Navarette at 126 if he can make weight(doubt it, but it could happen at a catchweight). At 130 he has a potential mega fight with Shakur waiting for him, maybe even the winner of Berchelt/Valdez. Also at 135 he has those options as well. Tank has too many options to be focused on chasing Lopez, if anything Lopez should be chasing Tank.

Im not overlooking that at all. Tank has options like Gary, Loma, and Stevenson. Those guys aren’t going anywhere. You simply have to prioritize. It’s about maximizing your paydays. Tank vs Ryan was the right idea, but Ryan is a weirdo.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything he said is right from a business perspective. It’s absolutely awful for the fans, when at this present moment, the fights are there. Ryan is Devin’s mandatory, Teo/Devin to clear up undisputed, etc.

However, I understand guys like Teo, Ryan, and Devin would make way more money fighting each other at a weight class like WW then LW.

I think Teo realized he’s not gonna get this crazy money being undisputed at LW and started to :whoa:

Let’s say they decide to hold off, which I get. Why not target Tank? Or Loma? These guys will never be WW’s. It makes sense to make those fights happen in the present.

I think Mayweather Promotions needs to try to make these fights for Tank now, because once they move up, he’s outta luck. You rarely have that many solid options at those lower weight classes.

Nothing Bradley said made sense :mjlol:

Just being the good company man that he is.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Im not overlooking that at all. Tank has options like Gary, Loma, and Stevenson. Those guys aren’t going anywhere. You simply have to prioritize. It’s about maximizing your paydays. Tank vs Ryan was the right idea, but Ryan is a weirdo.
Tank has a shyt ton of options man. Didnt even mention people like jojo farmer comey Campbell

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Need this type of energy:mjgrin:

Guess it's a response to this

Only thing I agreed with Bradley on is the fees for the belts make no sense to hold all of them when you barely making money

Bradley sounding like a Top Rank mascot as usual

shroommon

Pro
Daps
Reppin
ATL
However, I understand guys like Teo, Ryan, and Devin would make way more money fighting each other at a weight class like WW then LW.

I think Teo realized he’s not gonna get this crazy money being undisputed at LW and started to :whoa:

I can't agree with that. From a business perspective they'll make the most money if they fight now while they considered "young bucks" , and run it back again 3-5 years down the line when they become more veteran around WW .

They'll also set up the stage for mega fights in the future , as the fans will know multiple rematches are bound to happen throughout their careers .... instead of one super mega fight happening once

this is the difference between leonard/hearns/duran , morales/barrera , pacman/marquez ,,,,, vs lets say mayweather/pacman or spence/crawford or aj/wilder ,,,, instead of waiting for one super mega cash-out that may never happen or in modern boxing standards "happen too late" ,,, let's encourage they fight the best , and stay busy with tune-ups . encourage championship series amongst champions

it'll be wack ass hell if haney, garcia, teo, or tank dont fight at 135 .. and a stupid missed opportunity like aj-wilder during its prime hype .
MAKE THE FIGHTS HAPPEN :damn:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't agree with that. From a business perspective they'll make the most money if they fight now while they considered "young bucks" , and run it back again 3-5 years down the line when they become more veteran around WW .

They'll also set up the stage for mega fights in the future , as the fans will know multiple rematches are bound to happen throughout their careers .... instead of one super mega fight happening once

this is the difference between leonard/hearns/duran , morales/barrera , pacman/marquez ,,,,, vs lets say mayweather/pacman or spence/crawford or aj/wilder ,,,, instead of waiting for one super mega cash-out that may never happen or in modern boxing standards "happen too late" ,,, let's encourage they fight the best , and stay busy with tune-ups . encourage championship series amongst champions

it'll be wack ass hell if haney, garcia, teo, or tank dont fight at 135 .. and a stupid missed opportunity like aj-wilder during its prime hype .
MAKE THE FIGHTS HAPPEN :damn:

I live in reality

these guys aren’t gonna do multiple rematches with each other