Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
Terence Crawford willing to make Manny Pacquiao fight without Top Rank

Terence Crawford willing to make Manny Pacquiao fight without Top Rank | WBN - World Boxing News

Pacquiao-Crawford-farina-mikey1.jpg

MANNY PACQUIAO

The American admitted he could attempt to negotiate with Manny Pacquiao on his own for a 2021 collision.

He told Sirius XM: “I don’t want to touch the Bob Arum situation. I am one of the most loyal and hurt at what Bob Arum is throwing at me.

“I never had the intention of leaving Top Rank. I’ve no clue where my moving to PBC (Brian Custer asked the question) came from. “I feel like I can get the Pacquiao fight elsewhere. But I don’t need Top Rank to make that fight.

“I wished that Bob Arum came to me and talked business instead of saying all this nonsense.” ✕ Crawford continued: “When Bob said for me to promote myself, I believe that’s not my job. Bob Arum is a promoter. He should be doing his job as I do mine- which is fighting and winning.

“I never cared about the money. I took pay cuts and trash fights in the past. My goal is to move on up, and even the worst pay was a step forward for me. “I took pay cuts for the Victor Postol fight. Arum and Top Rank said that they didn’t have what it takes for PPV, and even said that they didn’t have the budget for PPV.”

Bud can't be this dumb...if they told you this and you re-signed, that means you don't want to fight nobody forreal.

All the writings on the wall...they don't promote you. They say you lose money. They have yo black ass taking pay cuts every fight. Bob was just trying to sell Top Rank. All of which means they have money prolems.

He's devaluing you in the public, killing your negotiations for fights but you STILL want to reconcile? You still out here saying you deserve 60/40.

At this point the fight not happening...this could possibly all be a ploy to generate buzz but I highly doubt it. The antics on TR side do not help them build a case for Bud/TR to get more money.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia

Look at that bag at the end of the video. :merchant:

I remember seeing that footage (or footage like it) in that old documentary "When We Were Kings" and it had me :ohhh: back then.

Anybody think any current heavyweights have comparable power? I know guys like Wilder and AJ hit super hard, but this is almost otherworldly. And Ali stood up to 8 rounds of it - fukking GOAT :wow:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I remember seeing that footage (or footage like it) in that old documentary "When We Were Kings" and it had me :ohhh: back then.

Anybody think any current heavyweights have comparable power? I know guys like Wilder and AJ hit super hard, but this is almost otherworldly. And Ali stood up to 8 rounds of it - fukking GOAT :wow:

I aint saying I'd be scared to fight Foreman cause I'll fight anybody... but I would definitely exhaust all other options before it came to throwing hands. :pachaha:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I think Jermell Charlo is the most dangerous fighter at 154 to 160. The man can punch, he has an iron chin, and he has a never ending gas tank. I'm watching the Rosario fight and I noticed when he throws straight punches he has really fast hands and he is light on his feet. I'm not saying he would beat everyone, but I would say it should be a 50-50 fight at the very least I think he has earned that respect.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I think Jermell Charlo is the most dangerous fighter at 154 to 160. The man can punch, he has an iron chin, and he has a never ending gas tank. I'm watching the Rosario fight and I noticed when he throws straight punches he has really fast hands and he is light on his feet. I'm not saying he would beat everyone, but I would say it should be a 50-50 fight at the very least I think he has earned that respect.

:patrice:

This the twin that lost to Harrison right?

Edit: this is rhetorical. Mel is good at 54, but I wouldn't take him over Golovkin at 60.