Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If two boxers are equally yoked and one gets the better of the other then fine, but what does an experience fighter get out bullying someone that doesnt even know a proper boxing stance or know how to keep there hands up?

a live body thats not trained to try some moves on...most likely in a legit contest they may not be able to do certain things...taking advantage shyt is real..some ppl use sparring as an excuse to beat up on somebody..its boxing :heh:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
but what does an experience fighter get out bullying someone that doesnt even know a proper boxing stance or know how to keep there hands up?

could be as simple as them wanting to get rounds in, could be politics as crazy as that sounds :snoop:
multiple dudes from my stable got beat up cause politics in our gym. our trainer was hated by other trainers for whatever reason but he was too old to fight his own battles.
i had no issue saying i wasn't sparring today when i saw the okie doke being played out

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
What's some fights that demonstrate different styles against each other?

Like for example Byrd vs Tua. Idk what style Byrd is but Tua was like a brawler right?

What's some other joints where the tactician beats the power aggressive guy?

Bryd was a defensive southpaw boxer. But yeah him and Tua is a good place to start.

Bryd vs Tua
Chris Algieri vs Ruslan Provodnikov
Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler
Devon Alexander vs Marcos Maidana

check these bouts out, good contrast of styles, plus they are action fights. (boxers vs punchers/pressure/brawlers)

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:snooze: who canelo gonna fight. He not going to fight mal, so him being a free agent means nothing.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Canelo vs Plant at 168 is now an actual possibility :obama:
No one wants to see that shyt :snooze: , Caleb should be fighting the BJS, callum smith and Benavidez round robin. No one wants that shyt right now. Outside of a potential Mal fight this is actually a worse situation for fight fans

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
What's some fights that demonstrate different styles against each other?

Like for example Byrd vs Tua. Idk what style Byrd is but Tua was like a brawler right?

What's some other joints where the tactician beats the power aggressive guy?

Whitaker vs Chavez
Linares vs Larios
Roy Jones jr vs Julio Gonzalez
Chad Dawson vs Tomasz Adamek

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
No one wants to see that shyt :snooze: , Caleb should be fighting the BJS, callum smith and Benavidez round robin. No one wants that shyt right now. Outside of a potential Mal fight this is actually a worse situation for fight fans
I actually kinda do :manny:

Btw, there's no guarantee Canelo can even make 160 anymore :patrice:

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:mjtf: Speak for yourself nikka

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What have any of these 3 done to elevate themselves over Plant? I'd watch the fukk outta Canelo vs Plant.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Lol, Lopez I can see but Tank? Tank had one fight at 135 so far and looks to be his best at 130. Why would they put him in with a naturally bigger, possibly bigger hitter Mikey who's also a skilled counter puncher? If they don't want Tank to lose his 0 it doesn't worth it.
Mikey could very well beat Lopez for the same reasons but Lopez at least is a big guy at 135 and just beat Loma. Idk how high is Arum on doing business with Mikey though.

Did Mikey call out the winner of Taylor vs Ramirez too? If not but he called out a 135er and a 130/135er that looks like :duck:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
What have any of these 3 done to elevate themselves over Plant? I'd watch the fukk outta Canelo vs Plant.

I'd impressed by that, not that I don't know already that Canelo doesn't shy away from challenges but Plant could be a tough stylistic matchup for him. I'd still take Canelo but imo he'd have a harder job beating Plant at 168 than anyone including Benavidez and Smith, maybe except an in-shape BJS if that's even still a thing in 2020.