Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
According to sources close to the situation, Davis Pay-Per-View numbers checked in at roughly 200,000-225,000. By all accounts, those figures have excited several members behind the scenes.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Ion if it's age bruhs but im kinda getting tired of phone booth fights especially when there isn't much if any defense involved. 2 fighters standing infront of each other just hittiin each other is kinda meh now

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ion if it's age bruhs but im kinda getting tired of phone booth fights especially when there isn't much if any defense involved. 2 fighters standing infront of each other just hittiin each other is kinda meh now
You getting old mal lol

You gotta let fighters run that fade to prove they are right lol.

Nah for real there has to be a balance. Like a lot of these minimalist fights are not the wave. My patience with that wore very thin over the last decade. You can show skill but you have to hurt your opponent :ufdup:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
You getting old mal lol

You gotta let fighters run that fade to prove they are right lol.

Nah for real there has to be a balance. Like a lot of these minimalist fights are not the wave. My patience with that wore very thin over the last decade. You can show skill but you have to hurt your opponent :ufdup:

Yep. For example, i loved the Caudras vs Estrada scrap cause while it wasn't a 100% phone booth scrap, they both did come with it but had some moments where they were boxing intelligently. On the other hand, i tried my hardest to get into Samir Ziani vs Alex Dilmaghani but i just couldn't.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yep. For example, i loved the Caudras vs Estrada scrap cause while it wasn't a 100% phone booth scrap, they both did come with it but had some moments where they were boxing intelligently. On the other hand, i tried my hardest to get into Samir Ziani vs Alex Dilmaghani but i just couldn't.

I enjoy phone booth fights & they’re even more enjoyable when you have 2 skilled inside fighters like Corrales vs Castillo :mjcry:

Or even Emanuel Augustus vs Mickey Ward

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
What's some fights that demonstrate different styles against each other?

Like for example Byrd vs Tua. Idk what style Byrd is but Tua was like a brawler right?

What's some other joints where the tactician beats the power aggressive guy?

Daps
Says brehs in yalls gym would this sparring be considered fair game or unethical
:patrice:

ive seen worse in person...i mean it all depends on the temperament of the person really unless a 3rd party stops it themselves
Alot of these gyms are trash. I've seen guys openly being talked about as "punching bags". Normal guys with blue collar jobs going into the gym sounding punch drunk and shyt and still being allowed to spar. Unfortunately ain't no rules in a privately owned gym, the ethics boil down to the guys in there and it's often on some machismo or clout shyt so no one going say anything
Tell folks all the time be careful what gym you go into, you need to go to the gym a few times and get a feel for the environment before you spar anybody, cause some gyms will allow sparring to be damn near a real fight, or they'll try to find somebody off the street to allow a young buck to get some work in on.

If two boxers are equally yoked and one gets the better of the other then fine, but what does an experience fighter get out bullying someone that doesnt even know a proper boxing stance or know how to keep there hands up?