Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this is an improvement over the original opponent IMO..this lowkey might a fire tripleheader for PBC

Sergey Lipinets vs. Custio Clayton Set For IBF-Interim, Abdukakhorov is Out
By Random Hits

Published On Thu Oct 15, 2020, 12:13 PM EST

Former world champion Sergey Lipinets will now face unbeaten Custio Clayton for the Interim IBF Welterweight Title headlining action live on SHOWTIME Saturday, October 24 from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. in an event presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

Kudratillo Abdukakhorov, who was originally scheduled to face Lipinets, was forced to withdraw because of visa issues.

The SHOWTIME BOXING: SPECIAL EDITION telecast will begin at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and will see undefeated contender Xavier Martínez battle hard-hitting Claudio "The Matrix" Marrero in a 12-round WBA Super Featherweight Title Eliminator in the co-main event. Rising super lightweight Malik "Iceman" Hawkins will duel knockout artist Subriel Matías in a 10-round showdown to kick off the televised action.

sergey-lipinets%20(1)_5.jpg

The event is promoted by TGB Promotions, Lee Baxter Promotions and Mayweather Promotions.

"Custio Clayton is an outstanding replacement opponent given the late change and should provide a stiff test against Sergey Lipinets on October 24," said Tom Brown, President of TGB Promotions. "Clayton was already deep into training and will bring a wealth of experience, from his amateur days through his impressive pro career, into this showdown with Lipinets. This is a great opportunity for Clayton to announce himself as a welterweight contender against one of the division's most dangerous fighters."

"I'm very happy to have this opportunity," said Clayton. "This is exactly the type of fight me and my team have been asking for. My preparation has been very good. This might seem like it's last-minute, but I am more than ready for whatever Lipinets brings on October 24."

The 31-year-old Lipinets (16-1, 12 KOs) will look to remain unbeaten since moving up to welterweight in 2018 and position himself for further title opportunities in the welterweight division. Born in Kazakhstan and representing Russia, Lipinets now lives in Woodland Hills, Calif. and is trained by renowned coach Joe Goossen. Lipinets has put together three straight victories since losing his 140-pound title to four-division champion Mikey Garcia in March 2018. Lipinets scored two victories in 2019, including a stoppage of two-division champion Lamont Peterson in one of the year's most exciting fights.

A 2012 Canadian Olympian, Clayton (18-0, 12 KOs) fights out of Montreal, Quebec, Canada and will make his U.S. debut on October 24. The 33-year-old is unbeaten since turning pro in 2014 and most recently scored a knockout victory over Diego Ramirez in January. Clayton owns 2019 triumphs over former champion DeMarcus Corley and Johan Perez, in addition to a 12-round decision win over then unbeaten Stephen Danyo in 2018.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BOXING RETURNS TO NBC SPORTS WITH RING CITY USA PARTNERSHIP
a4c980c0401f8ca470b7c8cf0cd7750c
jakegellerman
5 hours ago
Ring-City-USA.jpg

NBCSN to Present Series of Two-Hour Bout Windows on Thursday Nights, Debuting Nov. 19 at 9 p.m. ET

NBC Sports’ Rich Boxing History Includes First-Ever Live Televised Fight

STAMFORD, Conn. – Oct. 15, 2020 – NBC Sports Group and Ring City USA announced a partnership to televise a series of boxing matches on NBCSN through 2021.

The partnership, which consists of a series of two-hour match slates on Thursday evenings at 9 p.m. ET on NBCSN, debuts on Nov. 19. Additional bout windows this year include Dec. 3 and Dec. 17, with 14 matches to be scheduled throughout 2021.

“We’re excited to partner with Ring City USA to bring boxing back to NBC Sports and add a new chapter to our rich boxing history,” said Gary Quinn, Vice President, Programming & Owned Properties, NBC Sports.

NBC Sports has brought boxing to millions of viewers across the country beginning with the first-ever live televised fight in 1939, when Lou Nova defeated Max Baer at Yankee Stadium. Over the decades to follow, NBC Sports’ coverage of the sport showcased stars including Joe Louis, “Sugar” Ray Robinson, Rocky Marciano, Muhammad Ali, “Sugar” Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, and Larry Holmes.

“We are excited to bring boxing back to NBC Sports,” said Frank Samuel, CEO of Ring City USA. “This partnership will deliver exciting, highly competitive fights and become a day-in, day-out source of top-notch, unbiased content for fight fans around the world.”

Ring City’s first main and co-main events feature a roundup of impressive young talent. The Nov. 19 show is headlined by resilient super featherweight contender O’Shaquie Foster (17-2, 10 KO’s) and the indomitable Miguel Roman (62-13, 47 KO’s) who will clash in a 10-round showdown. In the co-feature, undefeated lightweight prospect William Zepeda (21-0, 19 KO’s) challenges the skilled Roberto Ramirez (23-2-1, 16 KO’s) in a 10-round contest.

The fights will take place at Freddie Roach’s legendary Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BOXING RETURNS TO NBC SPORTS WITH RING CITY USA PARTNERSHIP
a4c980c0401f8ca470b7c8cf0cd7750c
jakegellerman
5 hours ago
Ring-City-USA.jpg

NBCSN to Present Series of Two-Hour Bout Windows on Thursday Nights, Debuting Nov. 19 at 9 p.m. ET

NBC Sports’ Rich Boxing History Includes First-Ever Live Televised Fight

STAMFORD, Conn. – Oct. 15, 2020 – NBC Sports Group and Ring City USA announced a partnership to televise a series of boxing matches on NBCSN through 2021.

The partnership, which consists of a series of two-hour match slates on Thursday evenings at 9 p.m. ET on NBCSN, debuts on Nov. 19. Additional bout windows this year include Dec. 3 and Dec. 17, with 14 matches to be scheduled throughout 2021.

“We’re excited to partner with Ring City USA to bring boxing back to NBC Sports and add a new chapter to our rich boxing history,” said Gary Quinn, Vice President, Programming & Owned Properties, NBC Sports.

NBC Sports has brought boxing to millions of viewers across the country beginning with the first-ever live televised fight in 1939, when Lou Nova defeated Max Baer at Yankee Stadium. Over the decades to follow, NBC Sports’ coverage of the sport showcased stars including Joe Louis, “Sugar” Ray Robinson, Rocky Marciano, Muhammad Ali, “Sugar” Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, and Larry Holmes.

“We are excited to bring boxing back to NBC Sports,” said Frank Samuel, CEO of Ring City USA. “This partnership will deliver exciting, highly competitive fights and become a day-in, day-out source of top-notch, unbiased content for fight fans around the world.”

Ring City’s first main and co-main events feature a roundup of impressive young talent. The Nov. 19 show is headlined by resilient super featherweight contender O’Shaquie Foster (17-2, 10 KO’s) and the indomitable Miguel Roman (62-13, 47 KO’s) who will clash in a 10-round showdown. In the co-feature, undefeated lightweight prospect William Zepeda (21-0, 19 KO’s) challenges the skilled Roberto Ramirez (23-2-1, 16 KO’s) in a 10-round contest.

The fights will take place at Freddie Roach’s legendary Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles.

thats actually a pretty good little TV card...miguel roman being on there im sure will try to bring the fade to foster...roberto ramirez was the guy who caused that big ass upset some years back when he knocked out that dejan cat in 2...at wild card though..they must be taping that in the lower part of wild card gym

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
“ChArLo HaS tO fIgHt On DaZn ThAtS wHeRe EvErY oNe Is At“

that bullshyt was said in the Charlo ppv thread not years ago either .... “Bu bu bu bu he jus goin fight Eubanks next”

Rosado N Dusty N a Unnamed Eurocac in 2020 :mjlol:

Tell me again How Charlo needs to do anything... I’ll fukking wait :stopitslime:

Ill be the first to say i was pumpin the "go to Dazn and make the fight happen" last year for Charlo if he wanted GGG/Canelo, Wilder if he wanted the AJ scrap (prior to AJ losing), but not for Tank vs Tevin :yeshrug:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ill be the first to say i was pumpin the "go to Dazn and make the fight happen" last year for Charlo if he wanted GGG/Canelo, Wilder if he wanted the AJ scrap (prior to AJ losing), but not for Tank vs Tevin :yeshrug:

A year or two ago I can see the argument no problem

in 2020 tho with DAZN having money issues AND they can’t make a fight with any of their guys against each other ... Yildrim, Eurocac, Dusty, Rosado, whatever scrub GGG trying to fight :mjlol:... if you still talking bout Charlo need to go to DAZN Today... wanna down talk a Eubank fight when these nikkas are fighting Rosado N Dusty Harrison FOH :camby:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A year or two ago I can see the argument no problem

in 2020 tho with DAZN having money issues AND they can’t make a fight with any of their guys against each other ... Yildrim, Eurocac, Dusty, Rosado, whatever scrub GGG trying to fight :mjlol:... if you still talking bout Charlo need to go to DAZN Today... wanna down talk a Eubank fight when these nikkas are fighting Rosado N Dusty Harrison FOH :camby:

all 3 are trash fights..to not think that means someone is waving the pom poms too hard :sas1:..and its definitely not me:sas2:

middles on PBC :hula:middles on Matchroom/DAZN

the only MW fight worth a damn on the PBC side for Jermall Charlo is running it back with Korobov...to prove that he improved from getting his head boxed off by Korobov the first time and getting a gift

else I'd like to hear about these middles that are good opponents for Charlo :popcorn:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
all 3 are trash fights..to not think that means someone is waving the pom poms too hard :sas1:..and its definitely not me:sas2:

middles on PBC :hula:middles on Matchroom/DAZN

the only MW fight worth a damn on the PBC side for Jermall Charlo is running it back with Korobov...to prove that he improved from getting his head boxed off by Korobov the first time and getting a gift

else I'd like to hear about these middles that are good opponents for Charlo :popcorn:

FOH N renew your DAZN subscription :hhh:

Eubank is Trash N he’s leaps N bounds ahead of any of the nikkas the DAZN camp is fighting

Eubank would have Rosado Leakin lookin like HBK in hell in a Cell

N keep ignoring the fact DAZN CANT MAKE FIGHTS WITH THE nikkaS THEY HAVE... so Charlo goin go to Dazn N fight jo jo Dan like the rest of them nikkas N it’ll still be Charlos fault while you:ohlawd:with GGG go life N Death with Chris Masters:mjlol:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Eubank is Trash N he’s leaps N bounds ahead of any of the nikkas the DAZN camp is fighting

N keep ignoring the fact DAZN CANT MAKE FIGHTS WITH THE nikkaS THEY HAVE... so Charlo goin go to Dazn N fight jo jo Dan like the rest of them nikkas N it’ll still be Charlos fault while you:ohlawd:with GGG go life N Death with Chris Masters:mjlol:

giphy.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Keep in mind both charlo and eubank got soundly outboxed by korobov..one escaped a loss via gift, one escaped a loss via freak injury..but EuBaNk iS a GoOd FiGhT :laff:..he couldn't even beat BJS :dead:...maybe he should face Willie Monroe..that's a good fight :pachaha:

All that and you cant even tell me nothing about pbc middleweights :laff:...for a pbc stan you should be able to make some effort...its amazing..anyone who isnt q casual knows the divisions PBC is strong in..and 160 isnt one of them

Again when charlo vs eubank jr or monroe pops up on ppv for 74.99 please post your cable bill so I know youre really serious that you really approve of these fights lol :heh:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
But seriously middleweight needs a huge shake up right now...its stagnant and jammed up..that's why I was like charlo vs derevyanchenko was a good fight but unless derevyanchenko won nothing was going to change
Yup just a little over a year ago , I’d argue 160 was the best division from top to bottom. Imma Canelo stan but he deserves a lot of blame as being the “Man” of the Division.... he’s definitely holding things up and the Middleweight division just kinda been motionless for a while now.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

full